Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Really liking this news. Now if we can get Colleen Wing and maybe Shang-Chi in one of these shows, we'll have the best damn team.
    Thing is they were bound to show up. THe four leads from each show is to small of a team!!

I feel like Colleen will show up in Iron FIst.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If this all continues, I would love to see:
    - Cloak & Dagger
    - Nighthawk (with obligatory guest role for the "original" Nighthawk, Gary Cole )
    - The Prowler (yeah, that's right!!)
    I'm pretty sure Prowler is a sony property (spiderman). Cloak and dagger may also fall under Sony. Does anyone know which studios own these?

All-New Member

Given that Marvel's fourth Netflix series will be "Iron Fist" and lead into "The Defenders," Knight makes a logical addition to the street-level side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

AAAHHHH!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    I can't see Krysten Ritter being the female lead in this. I mean, she has her own series that just wrapped. She may have other projects to work on, she might want a break, they may not want to pay her to be in 2 shows, etc. I think it's way more likely for Missy/Misty to be a "lead" than Jessica.
    But that would be extremely strange. Jessica Jones is Luke Cage romantic partner and is a big part of the character in recent comics history, in fact it's probably a good reason why they went with her story first even though Luke has 30+ years of history on top of her. So to not have her being the main lead would be like Jane Foster not being the female lead in Thor, unless they were going for a Sif story but Luke has no Sif like character.

Not really stoked for these 3 Heroes for Hire shows, but can't wait for S2 of Daredevil.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

They said Luke Cage appearance in Jessica Jones takes place in the middle of his story . Luke already has his powers and escaped from prison in Jessica Jones. What we will probably see in Luke Cage will be his past and his present. Daredevil made use of flashbacks also.

I could see Misty helping Luke clear his name in the show like she did in the comics but it will play out differently.

I like this move. Misty Knight is an underrated character who has never had a chance to develop in the comics. Putting her in this show should help raise her profile. Maybe she can show up on Agents of SHIELD or Daredevil at some point. If Marvel can make Quake a star, why not Misty Knight?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I like this move. Misty Knight is an underrated character who has never had a chance to develop in the comics. Putting her in this show should help raise her profile. Maybe she can show up on Agents of SHIELD or Daredevil at some point. If Marvel can make Quake a star, why not Misty Knight?
    You mean to tell me after all these years misty knight has been in comics that she did not have some focus on her or some stories.
    That's hard to believe.
    Have you read all these issues she was in?

Mercedes 'Misty' Knight (Marvel)
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=1740
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=1740

misty knight
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/search.ph...type=Character

Reading the bio infos below she had a certain level of character developement.
    More then maybe all or most g.i.joe characters in the comics.

Mercedes Knight (Earth-616) - Marvel Comics Database
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mercede...28Earth-616%29

Misty Knight (Character) - Comic Vine
    http://www.comicvine.com/misty-knight/4005-1491/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Hobie Brown!!!
    They'll have to mention Spidey sometime if they bring in Hobie Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    But that would be extremely strange. Jessica Jones is Luke Cage romantic partner and is a big part of the character in recent comics history, in fact it's probably a good reason why they went with her story first even though Luke has 30+ years of history on top of her. So to not have her being the main lead would be like Jane Foster not being the female lead in Thor, unless they were going for a Sif story but Luke has no Sif like character.
    Real-world considerations generally trump everything else. I'm guessing Jessica Jones went first because someone really liked Alias. It's fairly self-contained and street-level, so it's easy to adapt and break a Netflix TV season out of it.

If they order additional seasons of JJ or LC, there's lots of time for the 2 characters to get together, if they decide to go that way. Personally I think there are lots of stories to tell with them separately.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Wow, I wasn't 100% expecting to get Misty so it looks like we actually may get the Daughters of the Dragon.

BTW, the code name that Luke Cage will be filming under is "Tiara", which I thought was pretty funny. Someone on my staff at work just put up 2 giant covers of 70s Luke Cage on his cubicle so we were just talking about the silver tiara and pirate boots.
    My first thought when I heard this casting was, "DOD for season 2 of the shows!!!!" That would be badass.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I'm choosing to believe you are sarcastic.

She has the hair for it:

she looks great. But don't start her off with the bionic arm yet. There's a great Robert Downey cameo waiting for when that happens. Hopefully the producers will keep this in mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    I'm pretty sure Prowler is a sony property (spiderman). Cloak and dagger may also fall under Sony. Does anyone know which studios own these?
    IIRC, C&D were one of the Marvel properties that they were trying to get off the ground back before the Netflix deal happened. So I'm going to assume that Marvel can use those characters if they see fit, which I hope they do if just to mix up powersets a bit for their street levelers.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    Cloak and Dagger are mutants (last I heard), so who knows who owns the movie and TV rights. Since Inhumans and Black Panther, both of whom got their starts in Fantastic Four, are appearing in Marvel TV and Movies, it appears that not all characters who got their start in FF (and I would presume, although, without reading the contract, I can't say for sure, Spider-Man) automatically go to the movie studio that owns the rights to FF (and maybe Spider-Man). It may be that Cloak and Dagger may be fair game. But that's for Marvel's attorneys to determine.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    They'll have to mention Spidey sometime if they bring in Hobie Brown.
    Why? I don't know why anybody would think that a TV incarnation of a character has to have the same back story as the comics version. Was Blizzard originally a SHIELD agent in the comics?

Sandy Hausler