Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That first promotional image does seem a bit odd in retrospect.

I was more taken aback by the random Sharon Carter appearance.

The next issue is the last one, right? I'm curious how Mayday's back-up is going to wrap itself up with just a few pages.
    Two issues to go, 4 and 5. I suppose Sharon Carter showed up because of Wolf Man Cap, but Cap has been under utilised in this considering he is a master tactician. As its a Spider event, they are sticking to Jock Thompson as tactician, and Parker science nerd as backup, and ignoring the obvious utility of Steve Rogers who commanded the whole Alien Fleet in Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Still no Kaine and Darkdevil in the Mayday Back up, but at least we got a moment of Normie and Phil, right ?

I am glad to see Tom D. and Ron F. using Hope Pym's new popularity for this tale, especially considering the purpose of the A-Next team to be TRUE Secondary generation of Avengers heroes.

However, I'm curious as of WHY Hope Pym needs the A-Next outside a plan of revenge on the Avengers name ?
    Are we happy Hope Pym is a villain here, and is she all of 13 years old here? To me Hope doesn't have the incentive to be so vindictive, but if she is just a kid, they do that kind of thing. But how is Hope doing this? Is it all just Enthralla?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhongomyniad View Post
    The fact the events of Spider-verse are referenced (possibly indicating Mayday/ BenParker still remember the Multiverse), while no reference of Battleword/Doom is made, makes me think this is in fact a Last Days MC2 Story. Unless I am missing something of course.
    There was anti-Doom graffiti in issue #1 of the MC2 story.

I tell you what. Those 4 women that got turned into spiders, can anybody imagine what it would be like waking up after the change and seeing through 8 eyes, how weird that feels? Then staggering back and around not realising the body they are in is carried on 8 legs? I can only imagine spiders do this in a very different way to humans, and their 8 legs respond to hunting food and lying in wait. I don't think any of the 4 women knew what was going on when they were spiders. They seemed to come out of a funk. I think their spider brains were attuned to spider instinct rather than having any remnant human brain. So, you could smack them in the mandibles with a stick and that would put the scare up in them.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-04-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I tell you what. Those 4 women that got turned into spiders, can anybody imagine what it would be like waking up after the change and seeing through 8 eyes, how weird that feels? Then staggering back and around not realising the body they are in is carried on 8 legs? I can only imagine spiders do this in a very different way to humans, and their 8 legs respond to hunting food and lying in wait. I don't think any of the 4 women knew what was going on when they were spiders. They seemed to come out of a funk. I think their spider brains were attuned to spider instinct rather than having any remnant human brain. So, you could smack them in the mandibles with a stick and that would put the scare up in them.
    Well I'd imagine that much, if not all of the shock is taken away by them being under the influence of the Queen's hive mind. After all, notice that while under her influence, Tony was shown to retain his intelligence but spoke in a preference of that state.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

I feel like this Pete is a puppet at the Queen's hand.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well I'd imagine that much, if not all of the shock is taken away by them being under the influence of the Queen's hive mind. After all, notice that while under her influence, Tony was shown to retain his intelligence but spoke in a preference of that state.
    Yes, the Thrall of the Spider Queen would have a distracting effect on the human-side shock.

BANNED

Are we happy Hope Pym is a villain here, and is she all of 13 years old here? To me Hope doesn't have the incentive to be so vindictive, but if she is just a kid, they do that kind of thing. But how is Hope doing this? Is it all just Enthralla?
    The idea of Enthralla doing this is interesting, but Hope has been trying to go after the Avengers Next for quite sometime and her schemes have been a bit daring just like her father Hank Pym.

It's luckily that the Ant-Man movie sort of raised Hope's profile a bit and reminded people of her, in a unique way.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Mayday seems to have broken free though, I'm sure she'll wake up next issue and will get a helping hand from her Spider-Allies.

Interesting thing.

Mayday mentions "Worlds" so it seems that her brainwashing isn't all that strong. Makes sense if you read Spider-Verse as the Great Web seems to be offering some protection to Doom's powers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Two issues to go, 4 and 5. I suppose Sharon Carter showed up because of Wolf Man Cap, but Cap has been under utilised in this considering he is a master tactician. As its a Spider event, they are sticking to Jock Thompson as tactician, and Parker science nerd as backup, and ignoring the obvious utility of Steve Rogers who commanded the whole Alien Fleet in Infinity.
    It was already mentioned that Flash is taking the lead because it's taking everything Steve has not to go completely feral thanks to becoming Cap-Wolf. If most or all of your mental energy is being channeled into restraining your animal instincts, you're not going to have much to spare coming up with tactics and strategies. As for Anubhavkumarc's idea that Peter is just as much a thrall of the Queen as the others Flash freed . . . that would be messed up, but plausible, in a Manchurian Candidate way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Mayday seems to have broken free though, I'm sure she'll wake up next issue and will get a helping hand from her Spider-Allies.

Interesting thing.

Mayday mentions "Worlds" so it seems that her brainwashing isn't all that strong. Makes sense if you read Spider-Verse as the Great Web seems to be offering some protection to Doom's powers.
    Looks like Dr. Doom underestimated the powers of the Spiders in his Battleworld.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Looks like Dr. Doom underestimated the powers of the Spiders in his Battleworld.
    Underestimating Spiders has been the downfall of many a villain, which is why, as much as the finale of Secret Wars is being hyped as the final showdown between Reed Richards and Victor Von Doom, I really hope the Spider-Men (Peter Parker of 616, Miles Morales of Ultimate) can score some big hits on God Doom to make him regret that underestimation and set him up for his final defeat.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It was already mentioned that Flash is taking the lead because it's taking everything Steve has not to go completely feral thanks to becoming Cap-Wolf. If most or all of your mental energy is being channeled into restraining your animal instincts, you're not going to have much to spare coming up with tactics and strategies. As for Anubhavkumarc's idea that Peter is just as much a thrall of the Queen as the others Flash freed . . . that would be messed up, but plausible, in a Manchurian Candidate way.
    That does explain Cap-Wolf being ineffective.