Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Misty Knight & Colleen Wing: Daughters of the Dragon Appreciation 2018

Wow! I assumed we already had an appreciation for the daughters but I was wrong. Here we are to appreciate the critically underrated and greatest martial artists in the Marvel universe, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing! Since they are usually paired together in most of their appearances, I thought it would be best to make this a dual thread for both of them.

As many of you have already found out today, Misty is finally getting her first live action portrayal by Simone Missick. Colleen's casting can't be far behind!

What do you think of the Daughters? Let the appreciation commence!

I love this duo. One of my all time favorites. (along with Power Man & Iron Fist, Knight & Squire, Motormouth & Killpower and Union Jack & Spitfire) They haven't really been a team since the 2006 Heroes For Hire series. The odd appearance together here and there. Immortal Iron Fist for example. Shadowlands reunited them briefly but they then separated into different mini-series, Blood on the Streets with Misty and Daughters of the Shadow with Colleen. Colleen also aided the Fearless Defenders at one point too. I would definitely like to see a new series starring these two. (preferably alongside Luke Cage and Iron Fist again)

More Daughters of the Dragon please!

Now this is going to sound kinda silly but am I mismembering or was Colleen Wing a redheaded White chick raised by a Chinese couple and taught Kung Fu? Did that change? Is she Eurasian now? Or straight up Asian?

I've seen some confusing artwork recently I think that's made me question my memories.

Extraordinary Member

Colleen Wing is not white,she is racially mongoloid like most east asians,most native americans and some hispanics/Latinos.

Colleen's father is Professor Lee Wing, a teacher of Asian history and culture at New York's Columbia University. Her mother was an unnamed Japanese woman, whose ancestors were samurai and daimyo. Colleen's late maternal grandfather, Kenji Ozawa, was the head of Japan's secret service, and has been succeeded in that position by his brother.
    Colleen grew up in the northern regions of Japan, more specifically in the mountains of Honshu. She was raised by her grandfather Kanji. The reason for that is because Colleen's mother was killed apparently very early in her childhood. Her grandfather taught her the ways of the samurai, in which she later became very skilled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Wing

Colleen Wing (Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Colleen...28Earth-616%29
    Last edited by mace11; 09-03-2015 at 05:01 AM.

BANNED

That wiki entry needs to be updated -- Colleen's mother identity is known...

Shadowland: The Daughters of the Shadow # 1 (2010)
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-03-2015 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

Spectacular Member

We need a comic featuring these two. They could easily carry one without any other big names besides the occasional guest appearance. They are so diverse and have some unique backgrounds. They could easily be on the level of Black Widow and Spider Woman if given the chance. I think Nate Edmondson would do them justice. Excited for Misty in the Netflix series and can't wait for the casting of Colleen (it has to happen).

BANNED

I just started reading Daughters of the Dragon (1-6) -- some of the art in issue #1 is simply horrendous... I wonder who would win in a fight? Colleen or Psylocke...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-03-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I love Daughters of the Dragon and wish Marvel would give them another chance of a series. wise-cracking, smart-ass, tough as nails buddy book about two ladies who can kick your butt.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Excellent!

Even thought my Knowledge on Both of these Ladies is Basic at Best, but Mainly whenever Misty Knight is Involved with Something it is Always Awesomeness and Cool!!!

Recently Misty Knight has been Apart of the Marvel Tie-In Secret Wars: House of M Series and So Far I am LOVING her in it!

She has been a Great Surprise I did not See Coming in This Series! ^_^

Down Below is a Great Showing of her Breaking Into The Royal House of Magnus with her Fellow Human Rebels in Issue #2 of House of M, just Looking & Talking both Cool and Awesome while while she does it!!!

Last edited by CJStriker; 09-07-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I keep feeling colleen gets shafted a bit though. In most comics she seems to be pretty much mute. I would love to know more about her and more from her.

Astonishing Member

Even thought Today's SAM WILSON: CAPTAIN AMERICA #16 was mostly focused on Miss Knight; the Issue does includes her with Colleen within Misty's flashbacks of her past.

We need a Misty Knight ongoing ASAP!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Misty really rocked in today's Sam Wilson issue .

Incredible Member

I've enjoyed these two all the way back since they were part of the recurring cast for Luke and Danny. Not a big fan of how writers have felt the need to "power them up" over recent years, though. (Misty's arm gadgets, Colleen's ki powers). Some characters work fine the way they are. They don't need to be Dragon Ball Z'd.