Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Power Man and Iron Fist #50 Apr 1978
    "Freedom!" Guest-starring the Daughters of the Dragon.
    Power Man is celebrating the fact that he has just been cleared of all charges pertaining to the time that he served at Seagate Penitentiary.
    A huge party is thrown for him at the penthouse suite of his lawyer, Jeryn Hogarth.

As Luke mingles with guests, he recalls the events that first brought him to Seagate.

Power Man's origin:
    Years ago, a young man named Carl Earl Lucas and a friend named Willis Stryker vied for the affections of a woman named Reva Connors.
    Willis saw that he was losing Reva to Lukas and so, he planted 2kg of heroin in his apartment and then proceeded to call the cops.
    Lucas was sent to Seagate prison in Georgia, where he became the personal whipping boy of a racist prison guard named Albert Rackham.
    Lukas volunteered to be the guinea pig in a scientific experiment conducted by Dr. Noah Burstein.
    Burstein’s ambition was to recreate the super-soldier process that had been used by the US government to create Captain America.
    But Rackham sought to sabotage the experiment and altered the process.
    Although his body was racked with tremendous pain, Carl survived the process and emerged from the tank with skin as tough as steel.
    He then punched through a wall and escaped. Soon after, he adopted the pseudonym Luke Cage and began his career as Luke Cage, Hero For Hire.

Luke's reverie is disturbed when two criminals named Stiletto and Discus burst into the penthouse and begin blasting the room with their weapons.
    Despite what the courts say, they believe Cage to be a criminal and are sworn to bring him to justice.
    Power Man and Iron Fist snap into action, but the bulk of their effort is geared towards protecting the party guests from the villains' attack.
    One of the guests that Power Man saves is a young model named Harmony Young. Luke will see quite a bit more of her in the future.

Ultimately, their fight carries on outside. Iron Fist chases out onto the roof of the next building, but the snow-covered surface causes Iron Fist to slip.
    Stiletto begins stepping on Danny's fingers as the hero hangs on off the side of the building.
    Power Man comes rocketing over from the other building and smashes into Stiletto knocking them both across the roof.
    Iron Fist loses his grip, but angles his body so that he crashes through the skylight over a suite containing an interior swimming pool.

While Colleen Wing finishes off Discus, Misty Knight and detective Rafael Scarfe burst into the room where Power Man and Stiletto are fighting.
    Stiletto fires a bullet that hits Scarfe in the chest.

Misty loses control and pulls her firearm, prepared to shoot Stiletto in the face at point blank range.
    Power Man catches the bullet before it can strike Stiletto and then shows Misty that Scarfe wasn't killed.

Stiletto’s bullet had struck his detective’s badge, preventing it from entering his body.
    Misty blames herself for how quickly she lost control.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Byrne and Dan Green.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I remember this guy:
    Attachment 64690
    so he wasn't with Jean at the time? Curious. LOL.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so he wasn't with Jean at the time? Curious. LOL.
    He thought Jean and Hank McCoy died when the X-Men were escaping from Magneto at the end of X-Men #113.

BANNED

I'd love for the MCU Colleen Wing to meet the MCU Scott Summers when the movie rights of the X-Men characters are in the hands of Disney.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's great to see Colleen back as a main character.
    I hope they don't go full synergy.

Travel Foreman is great.

foreman 1.jpg
    foreman 2.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

This should be fun. I don't know the writer, but Foreman is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's great to see Colleen back as a main character.
    I hope they don't go full synergy.
    It sucks that Misty was so prominent in Spencer's FalCap run but Colleen was still left to sporadic appearances even when she turned out to be the most well-received part of the Iron Fist show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Travel Foreman is great.

foreman 1.jpg
    foreman 2.jpg
    Misty rocking a suit and Colleen fighting robot Geisha...love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Power Man and Iron Fist #50 Apr 1978
    "Freedom!" Guest-starring the Daughters of the Dragon.
    Power Man is celebrating the fact that he has just been cleared of all charges pertaining to the time that he served at Seagate Penitentiary.
    A huge party is thrown for him at the penthouse suite of his lawyer, Jeryn Hogarth.

As Luke mingles with guests, he recalls the events that first brought him to Seagate.

Power Man's origin:
    Years ago, a young man named Carl Earl Lucas and a friend named Willis Stryker vied for the affections of a woman named Reva Connors.
    Willis saw that he was losing Reva to Lukas and so, he planted 2kg of heroin in his apartment and then proceeded to call the cops.
    Lucas was sent to Seagate prison in Georgia, where he became the personal whipping boy of a racist prison guard named Albert Rackham.
    Lukas volunteered to be the guinea pig in a scientific experiment conducted by Dr. Noah Burstein.
    Burstein’s ambition was to recreate the super-soldier process that had been used by the US government to create Captain America.
    But Rackham sought to sabotage the experiment and altered the process.
    Although his body was racked with tremendous pain, Carl survived the process and emerged from the tank with skin as tough as steel.
    He then punched through a wall and escaped. Soon after, he adopted the pseudonym Luke Cage and began his career as Luke Cage, Hero For Hire.

Luke's reverie is disturbed when two criminals named Stiletto and Discus burst into the penthouse and begin blasting the room with their weapons.
    Despite what the courts say, they believe Cage to be a criminal and are sworn to bring him to justice.
    Power Man and Iron Fist snap into action, but the bulk of their effort is geared towards protecting the party guests from the villains' attack.
    One of the guests that Power Man saves is a young model named Harmony Young. Luke will see quite a bit more of her in the future.

Ultimately, their fight carries on outside. Iron Fist chases out onto the roof of the next building, but the snow-covered surface causes Iron Fist to slip.
    Stiletto begins stepping on Danny's fingers as the hero hangs on off the side of the building.
    Power Man comes rocketing over from the other building and smashes into Stiletto knocking them both across the roof.
    Iron Fist loses his grip, but angles his body so that he crashes through the skylight over a suite containing an interior swimming pool.

While Colleen Wing finishes off Discus, Misty Knight and detective Rafael Scarfe burst into the room where Power Man and Stiletto are fighting.
    Stiletto fires a bullet that hits Scarfe in the chest.

Misty loses control and pulls her firearm, prepared to shoot Stiletto in the face at point blank range.
    Power Man catches the bullet before it can strike Stiletto and then shows Misty that Scarfe wasn't killed.

Stiletto’s bullet had struck his detective’s badge, preventing it from entering his body.
    Misty blames herself for how quickly she lost control.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Byrne and Dan Green.
    That comic was made so long ago but it doesn't feel cheap.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Power Man and Iron Fist #51 Jun 1978
    "A Day like any other Day...?!" Part 1 of 3. Guest-starring Misty Knight.
    Happening past a grocery store, Luke Cage and Danny Rand come across a robbery.
    Trying to prevent it as Power Man and Iron Fist, the two heroes are shocked to find that they are combating robots.
    When the police arrive, the store owner denies that there is a robbery and blames the two heroes.
    They are taken into custody, but end up comparing notes with Lt. Rafael Scarfe.

After their release, Power Man and Iron Fist try to learn the mastermind behind this robotic "protection" racket.

Unaware that it's controlled by Morgan, the Harlem crime lord and his associate Nightshade.
    As Power Man visits with Harmony Young, Misty Knight demands information from Simon Shreeve at gunpoint a pimp in the employ of Morgan.

Danny tries to visit the Rand-Meachum building, but he is ushered out by the security guard.

Concerned about being treated as such, Danny changes into Iron Fist and investigates.
    In Joy Meachum's office he finds that Morgan and his goons have Joy hostage, as Rand-Mechum is apparently cutting into his turf.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Mike Zeck.

^^^^ wow, umm.... pretty wild...

Stunning cover for upcomng DoD mini.

DAUGHTERS OF DRAGON.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So, anyone been reading Colleen and Misty's digital first miniseries? It's a bit too "hello fellow kids", but there's a sense of fun and friendship in the first two issues that's quite enjoyable.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

A "hello fellow kids" vibe is concerning to me