Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this with the Post-Crisis depictions in mind?
    Only insofar as the post-Crisis era is an influence in how I see these characters. But I can say the same for the Silver and Golden Ages too, as well as DC's current stable of characterizations.

I enjoy a strong sense of legacy and history in my DCU (which is very post-Crisis-ish), so the big names being a little on the older side helps sell that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

For me it isn't so much about individual characters but about generations:
    present-day Golden Age adults (JSA): late 60s/early 70s
    present-day Silver Age adults (JLA): late 30s/early 40s
    present-day Bronze Age adolescents (TT): mid-to-late 20s
    present-day Iron Age adolescents (YJ): mid-to-late 10s

One of the things I liked about the New 52 was making them a little younger, I know a lot of people didn't. So I guess I kind of like them all to be around late twenties-early thirties.

One of the things I hate about the New 52 is making them younger!!!

Especially Batman and Green Arrow - I liked age and maturity to some of those guys rather than everyone being "twenty-something."

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    One of the things I hate about the New 52 is making them younger!!!

Especially Batman and Green Arrow - I liked age and maturity to some of those guys rather than everyone being "twenty-something."
    I feel it especially takes away from Ollie. He was like the angry old hippie of the League; always complaining about corporate privilege and The Man. Not only has DC removed his extreme political views in some half-assed attempt to not offend some of their readers, but making him younger has left Ollie feeling like a completely different character. The lack of facial hair hasn't helped either, honestly, that was as defining a visual characteristic as Superman's spit curl (perhaps moreso).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah I like older Green Arrow, I thought it was one of the aspects I really liked about the long bow hunters was his mid-life crisis.

Extraordinary Member

Superman-right at 30, in his prime, with enough experience to be a veteran but young enough to still have some fire and for Clark to be a little snarky.
    Batman- Early 40s, so he's clearly a patriarch of his family but not quite truly middle aged.
    Wonder Woman- over a hundred, with wisdom beyond even her years.
    Flash- Wally West at mid to late 20s, Barry Allen at late 30s
    Green Lantern- Hal Jordan and John Stewart in their mid-40s, closer to old movie Kirk in disposition, Guy as a remarkably immature late 30s, Kyle in mid 20s.
    Aquaman-early 40s same as Batman
    Martian Manhunter-closest to an old soldier in the group, centuries old.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Well... actually, the current one. Supes, Bats, WW, Hal, Barry, Arthur, Vic and Billy.
    - Superman, Batman, Hal and Barry: Late 20s/Early 30s.
    - Diana, Vic and Arthur: Mid 20s.
    - Billy: 15.

I would change Vic for J'onn, but it seems too much of an overkill to me. Plus, i like his solo book.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The League in my mind has been in existence for about a decade and the founders (except Super"boy" and Batman would have debuted around the time of the founding)

Superman- early thirties
    Batman- approaching forty
    Wonder Woman- physically about twenty-five but actually centuries old
    Flash (Barry)- early thirties
    Flash (Wally) - twenty at most
    Green Lantern (Hal and Guy)- mid thirties
    Green Lantern (John)- mid to late twenties
    Green Lantern (Kyle) about twenty
    Aquaman- mid-thirties
    J'onn- about a century and on Earth for at least half that
    Green Arrow- late thirties to early forties
    Black Canary II- late twenties
    Hawkman and Hawkwoman- forties but Thanagarians age slower so physically in their prime
    Atom- mid thirties
    Elongated Man- a few years younger than Barry
    Firestorm (Ronnie)- approaching twenty, (Stein) mid forties at least
    Zatanna- mid to late twenties
    Steel (Hank Heywood) mid twenties
    Gypsy- late teens
    I agree with this

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Superman...was the mysterious midwestern myth known as "the Superboy "in Smallville from age 11 to 17, left to travel the world, came to Metropolis at 21 in the t-shirt and jeans vigilante known offically as Superman...35-36 ish today (15 years since he started the super hero boom. everyone came after)

Batman.... came back to Gotham at 21 and operated as a non-costumed vigilante for a few years...started in the official Bat suit mid 20's somewhat inspired to go into theatrics by Superman's arrival...around 40 now.

Barry-Flash- started career a few years after Supes and Bats...34 ish

Wally Flash-around 24-25 now
    Hal-GL-around 35
    GL-Guy around 35
    Gl-John around 32
    Wonder Woman-appears around 25-30....actual age much much older (she's an amazon after all)
    Green Arrow Ollie-40-45 ( was a vigilante in Starling/Star city called "the Hood" and "the Arrow" for many years until Superman and Batman's example forced him out of the shadows as the newly minted GREEN ARROW 14-15 yeas ago.
    Black Canary-around 30
    Victor-around 25
    Dick Grayson- around 29 now (started as Bruce's first Robin at age 15 during Batman's third year in costume, stayed at that role until 19 when he left for college,became Nightwing....served as Batman for a year a few years back, and then just recently forced to fake his death, quit as Nightwing and became a secret agent.
    Jason Todd-Red Hood-25
    Tim Drake-Red Robin -19
    Damien Wayne-Robin-14

Hawkman - However old I am at the time. Seriously, though, mid- to late-thirties.

Hawkwoman - A couple years older than Hawkman. I think Shayera should actually be the more experienced of the two, and her temperament should reflect that.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Superman: Mid thirties.

Batman: Mid forties.

Wonder Woman: Hundreds of years old, looks agelessly beautiful, could look (physically) in her twenties or forties, its hard to tell.

Aquaman: Late thirties.

Green Lantern: Hal should be in his mid thirties. John should be late thirties. Guy should be late twenties. Kyle should be mid-twenties.

Flash: Barry should be mid thirties. Wally should be mid twenties.

Cyborg: Mid twenties.

Arrow: Mid forties.

Canary: Early thirties.

Zatanna: Early thirties.

Hawkgirl: Late twenties, early thirties. If we're going with the Thanagar version, she should be a good decade or more older but still look the same physically.
    This is pretty right to me, although I may make Bruce late 30s, and Cyborg late teens early twenties. I wouldn't be upset with Barry being late 30s either.

Justice League: Year One (5 Years ago)

Kal-El /Clark Kent
    Becomes Superman – Age: 23
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 25 (founding member)
    Now – Age: 30

Bruce Wayne
    Becomes Batman – Age: 24
    Dick Grayson (12 yr. old) becomes his ward – Age: 26
    Robin becomes his sidekick: Age: 27
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 28 (founding member)
    Now – Age: 33 (Dick is Age: 19)

Princess Diana /Diana Prince
    Becomes Wonder Woman – Age: 24
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 25 (founding member)
    Now – Age: 30

Arthur Curry
    Becomes Aquaman – Age: 25
    Joins JLofA – Age: 26 (founding member)
    Now – Age: 31

Hal Jordan
    Becomes Green Lantern – Age: 25
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 26 (founding member)
    Now – Age: 31

Barry Allen
    Becomes The Flash – Age: 23
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 24 (founding member)
    Now – Age: 29

Martian Manhunter (J'onn Jon’zz) – No clue, but has been on Earth 8 years before being a founding member of the JLofA.

Oliver Queen
    Becomes Green Arrow – Age: 26
    Join the JLofA – Age: 28
    Now- Age: 33

Justice League: Year Two (4years ago)

Dinah Laurel Lance
    Becomes Black Canary – Age: 23
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 24
    Now – Age: 28

Katar Hol
    Becomes Hawkman – Age: 28
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 30
    Now – Age: 34

Ray Palmer
    Becomes The Atom – Age: 28
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 30
    Now – Age: 34

Justice League: Year Three (3 years ago)

Shayera Thal
    Becomes Hawkwoman – 26
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 29
    Now – Age: 32

Zatanna Zatara
    Becomes Zatanna – Age: 21
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 22
    Now – Age: 25

Justice League Year Four (2 years ago)

Ronnie Raymond
    Becomes Firestorm – Age: 20
    Joins the JLofA – Age: 21
    Now – Age: 23
    Last edited by Herowatcher; 09-23-2015 at 11:38 PM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Before the new 52 there was more age diversity in the justice league, justice league characters ranged from being really young, a few older members and plenty in between. Now everyone is somewhere in between early twenties to mid thirties. Now the DCEU is coming out with the new versions of the justice league and we are seeing more variation with a twenty something flash, a thirty something supes, a forty-five year old batman and possibly thousand year old Wonder-Woman. So basically the purpose of this thread is for you to put down what age you prefer your favorite justice leaguers to be.
    for example

Superman: mid thirties
    Batman: late forties (I like an older Bruce)
    Wonder-Woman: twenties or thirties, I've never read a comic where she is as old as the movie version is rumored to be and I don't think that is the best approach for the character.
    Aquaman: mid forties, to early fifties, he is supposed to be a believable king.
    Green Lantern (Hal): late twenties
    The Flash : late twenties for Barry, late teens for Wally

Anywhoo, this is my first time doing something like this so any constructive criticism is welcomed.
    I've always been a bit of a purist when it comes to origin sequence. Superman appeared first in 1938, then Batman in 1939 and so on. As a trio, I always saw Batman, SUperman and Wonder Woman as the elders. But in regards to age? Hmmm, I think Superman and Batman are mid to late thirties, WW who knows depending on the continuity, bu in physical appearance about the same (this also hints towards a maturity level). I could see GL in his early thirties, possibly late twenties. Flash, definitely late twenties. Aquaman, older as well late thirties.