Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

edited post. nvm.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-19-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Does that mean we won't be seeing them(Static, Rocket, and Icon) on YOUNG JUSTICE next year ?
    Don't know.
    DC has published stories with Milestone characters in the past, but last I was aware, DC does not own them. Also, use of any Milestone characters as part of the Young Justice animated series may involve separate licensing agreements from those that allow the publishing of comic book stories with those same characters.

Does that mean we won't be seeing them(Static, Rocket, and Icon) on YOUNG JUSTICE next year ?
    Different licensing agreements. One doesn't really have much to do with the other (other than it seems DC has sole licensing rights to the Milestone IP's, but that's an umbrella thing, not a format/media specific thing).

We'll see Static on season 3 (we've already seen him in a few screen shots and character roster designs) but no word about the rest. Given their minor roles in the show previously I doubt we'll see much of Icon or Rocket, if we see them at all.

It's possible the licensing agreement that allowed Static and the Milestoners to be on YJ is still in effect, which allowed Static to remain on the show despite it being moved to a new streaming service that will likely be considered a bigger risk to the studio than a show on an established network (remember; WB/DC don't want to pay for using characters), as well as bypassing whatever legal foolishness is going on between DC and Milestone currently. However, that's just a guess on my part.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

713896dc-c201-4363-8fb6-e6fcda297e49.jpg

David Zavimbe but not as Batwing, give him his own identity

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    It's agonizing how DC has dropped the the ball on this fun character.
    They definitely recognized Jaimes potential at one point, and tried to put stuff out there.
    Although it was always surrounded by a backlash.
    Wish they'd called him something other than an already taken Blue Beetle, which already had it's fans looking for his return. They ended up robbing one fan base, and turning two against each-other, when every book needs old and new fans to survive.
    So sad. How do you build up anything by splitting a fan base?
    But that seems to be how DC wants to operate.
    Instead of naming something new, that actually looks new, they feel they need to recycle everything.

And that's what's so frustrating, he was in fact so new!

They could have called him anything new, had the "scarab" be anything else alien, Themed after any other insect, arthropod, another creature, anything!
    The design is so mutable. New kids and fans would have loved him anyway, old fans might have actually checked it out too if they didn't feel they were helping crush their favorite version.

He actually looks more like.....

Which actually exist....
    Just add a tail to the tec.
    And it spreads more like a venom.
    His grandfather could have been an awesome Golden Age Luchador called Alacran Azul or Escorpion, who retroactively once fought alongside the Golden-Agers, inspiring his new ID.

Also Jaime is from El Paso, Texas, scorpion has a more Tex-Mex vibe, than freaking falling back on the whole Egypt theme again.
    How simple is that ...https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...etle_Reyes.PNG

But no, rob one fan base and divide everyone, I think they've actually made it harder for a Jaime and a Ted Kord to survive, in what is already a small comic buying audience.
    love the idea....

The New 52 Element Woman. She would not even need much of a spotlight, just a regular appearance in a (good) book would be enough for me.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Roy Harper. I liked his usage in both Checkmate and Outsiders. I think he should be leading a Black-ops team in the DCU with his resources from Queen Industries.

All-New Member

Amazing-Man (Will Everett III) I would like to him brought back be a superhero in Detroit like his grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    713896dc-c201-4363-8fb6-e6fcda297e49.jpg

David Zavimbe but not as Batwing, give him his own identity
    He deserves to be Batwing, I hate that they gave it away to Luke Fox.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
    Firestorm (Jason and Ronnie)
    Black Lightning
    Vibe
    Vixen
    Element Woman
    Stargirl
    Hawkwoman
    Fire
    Ice
    Batwing (David Zavimbe)
    Dr Fate (Kalid Nassour)
    El Diablo
    Black Orchid (Alba Garcia)

I'd also like to see DC utilize the Reach and establish them as a dominantand powerful galactic empire. Explore their rivalry/wars with Oa and the GLC.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-26-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Vibe
    Bunker
    Kate Spencer
    The Question (Renee and Vic)
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Boisterously Confused

Black Orchid. Her combination of superpowers and slick infiltration made her uniquely interesting.

Incredible Member

Helspont, and the Deamonites. Probably have the body hoping aliens more like their Image/Wildstorm days instead of the Nu52 take. More closer to Jim Lee and Brandon Choi's original take on them. I liked that they being built up as a big threat, but that fizzeled out. I could see them being made as intergalactic string pullers. Instigating something like another INVASION , or Rann-Thanagar War.

Catman
    Jeannette
    Black Orchid
    Angel & the Ape
    Prometheus
    Hellhound
    Faora
    The Bride
    Element Woman
    Queen Clea
    Sindella Zatara
    The Masters of Disaster
    The Fearsome Five
    Ya'Wara
    Royal Flush Gang
    Kobra
    Villainy Inc.
    Fourth Reich and Axis America
    Pool Hall Gang

Helspont, and the Deamonites. Probably have the body hoping aliens more like their Image/Wildstorm days instead of the Nu52 take. More closer to Jim Lee and Brandon Choi's original take on them. I liked that they being built up as a big threat, but that fizzeled out. I could see them being made as intergalactic string pullers. Instigating something like another INVASION , or Rann-Thanagar War.
    Are you reading the new WildStorm books? It's not like it was in the old days but it's very good. And if you liked the Daemonites being built up in the New52 I think you'll like what's being done with them in the current titles.

I trade wait, so I'm a little behind, but it's an intriguing read.

EDIT: Oh, also, for under-used characters I'd like to see brought back: Firestorm. There's a fantastic comic under there, DC just needs the right writer to find it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.