Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Fuckin' Angle Man. He's got goofy high level powers. He could be a major threat.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Liberty Belle and Black Canary could both be icons with the right push. I'll die on that hill.

Liberty Belle is Wonder Woman mixed with Indiana Jones. Black Canary is about as punk as it gets and with the right amount of distance from being "Green Arrow's girlfriend" she could kill it.
    Would Black Canary qualify as an "underutilized character"?

Spectacular Member

Liberty Belle and Black Canary could both be icons with the right push. I'll die on that hill.

Liberty Belle is Wonder Woman mixed with Indiana Jones. Black Canary is about as punk as it gets and with the right amount of distance from being "Green Arrow's girlfriend" she could kill it.

Black Canary needs to be reestablished firmly with a solo reputation. Don't get me wrong, I love her involvement in Birds of Prey. And I think she has a rightful place in the Justice League.

But I hate that her star has been eclipse by Green Arrow's and she gets "girlfriend status" so often.

Similarly, while I'm excited for the upcoming Birds of Prey movie, I dislike that it's central focus will be Harley Quinn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    How is that anyway? I'm real curious about it, but figured I'd trade wait it if word was positive.
    I for one think it's great.
    Well written. Different take on a character (which appeals to me personally). Quirky art which suits the story. Etcetera.
    Then again this is coming from someone who does not have a strong connection to the character.
    Some core fans of MM have expressed their dislike of what Orlando is doing and his choice of approach.

Ultimate Member

I know bupkiss about Liberty Belle, but Black Canary, all week long and twice on Sunday. I'm amazed that she hasn't gotten a serious push yet as a solo act.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Would Black Canary qualify as an "underutilized character"?
    Unfortunately, yeah.

Boisterously Confused

Black Canary is about as punk as it gets and with the right amount of distance from being "Green Arrow's girlfriend" she could kill it.
    She did. In her run in Flash Comics.