Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Moon Knight Creative team revealed

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ne...d/1100-148923/

I have never been a Moon Knight fan, but over the past few years the characters has been interesting in a lot of stuff that I read and over the past few months from what I've seen and heard of from my friends, is that Warren Ellis's new run on Moon Knight has been very interesting, weird, and enjoyable, which I plan to pick up in trade later. But apparently Ellis is leaving the title, and in his place will be Brian Wood with artist Greg Smallwood with Jordie Bellaire staying and Shalvey staying on covers. I think this could be interesting, as Wood has been a pretty good writer in a lot of what I've read. Also I found some moon Knight art from Greg Smallwood that actually looks pretty good.

3870220-moon-knight-sketch-by-greg-smallwood.jpg

BANNED

I'm okay with this. Brian Wood is a good writer that i enjoy following, i hope for the best for him.

Didn't expect this. I had thought Wood was done with Marvel work for a while. I think this may go better for him than X-Men actually. He'll get to play around with less events and just be able to focus on the actual pacing. A bit more "freedom".

Not familiar with the artist but that sample pic looks good. Glad we still get to have Bellaire though.

BANNED

I'm so glad that of all the writers Lowe could have possibly approached for this title, he chose a sexual harasser whose most recent work for Marvel was an incoherent mess.

After his current X-Men run, I just don't know what to make of Brian Wood. I'm wary of this, but hopefully he gets his groove back.

I'm not familiar with Greg Smallwood, but what I've seen so far on his website looks good. And I'm thankful Bellaire is staying.

BANNED

Not sure how I FEEEl about this

I'm on the fence about continuing series after Ellis leaves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    I'm so glad that of all the writers Lowe could have possibly approached for this title, he chose a sexual harasser whose most recent work for Marvel was an incoherent mess.
    You mad, bro?

BANNED

Oh well.

Dropping this book with the quickness. :smh:

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Was not expecting Brian Wood! He has been doing a decent job on X-Men so im eager to see what he can do on Moon Knight. Quite a different challenge.
    To be honest, I'm more upset about the loss of Shalvey than Ellis. He has done great work so far with #3 looking especially good. Not familiar with Smallwood at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    You mad, bro?
    That Brian Wood sexually harassed multiple women and couldn't even drum up a sincere-sounding apology despite the fact that he writes for a living? Yes.
    Last edited by Fringe Division; 06-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Was not expecting Brian Wood! He has been doing a decent job on X-Men so im eager to see what he can do on Moon Knight. Quite a different challenge.
    To be honest, I'm more upset about the loss of Shalvey than Ellis. He has done great work so far with #3 looking especially good. Not familiar with Smallwood at all.
    Yeah, Ellis pretty much wrote MK as a showcase for Declan, I'm sad to see both go. Wonder what's next in store for him, Shalvey's been working regularly for Marvel for a while now so I'm sure he'll be announced on a new book soon enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    That Brian Wood sexually harassed multiple women
    Where are these multiple women? Where is the evidence?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Where are these multiple women? Where is the evidence?
    There's plenty. Google it. There's a firsthand account from someone that Wood even owned up to.

I'll be dropping Moon Knight after #6.

BANNED

Tess Fowler and Anne Scherbina, at least. Note that if his assumption that other women worked with Scherbina had been correct, he'd also be guilty of intentionally slandering them and making their work lives miserable just for the hell of it.

It says a lot about who he is to this day that he still doesn't see how even his own account* of his interaction with Fowler (which greatly differs from hers) qualifies as sexual harassment, and that he thinks it was better that his intention was to spread gossip about all the women in Scherbina's department -- women he would have never even met -- rather than name her specifically.

*I've had to link to Wood's statement there because it's no longer on his website. I wonder why that is.