Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Day before yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Day before yesterday.
    Aye, it should have come out Weds. Looking forward to picking it up. Hoping to get the cover with the team on it.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Day before yesterday.
    Excellent! We get the comics a week later on this side of the pond, it should be here on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    Excellent! We get the comics a week later on this side of the pond, it should be here on Wednesday.
    Ah yes! All right - If I discuss it or if anyone does - please use spoiler tags for those across the pond!

BANNED

No disrespect, but how Nineties is a name like Bloodstrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Very much so considering that's when it first came out

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I think you may be over thinking it. Kind of like, "How come Cyclops' optic blasts don't shoot out the sides of his sunglasses..." or "How does Scarlet Witch's top stay attached like that?"

If you want to get picky... how "cool" are names "Storm", "Mister Fantastic", and so on. Look at any super hero name and really ponder the sanity of a person wearing a colorful costume and giving themselves a silly name.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

You know, if I read it right, there is only one major spoiler in the whole issue.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I think you may be over thinking it. Kind of like, "How come Cyclops' optic blasts don't shoot out the sides of his sunglasses..." or "How does Scarlet Witch's top stay attached like that?"

If you want to get picky... how "cool" are names "Storm", "Mister Fantastic", and so on. Look at any super hero name and really ponder the sanity of a person wearing a colorful costume and giving themselves a silly name.
    Oh I agree. But it seemed that every name in the Nineties had blood or claw or death in it. It's like when you see an old car with big tailfins, you know it was made in the Fifties. And haircuts where men's ears are covered are from the Seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

re: Mr. Fantastic.... he spent all the money to become a doctor, Dr. Reed Richards. I don't know any physician that likes to then be referred to as Mr. They always go with Dr. So why is he not Dr. Fantastic. Why'd he choose Mr. when he is a Dr.?

So I picked up and read issue #2...

I was disappointed that the rest of the Bloodstrike team wasn't actually a part of the "team" like the cover seems to show.

I did find it funny with what he said about Deadlock.

Rob seems to be able to laugh at himself and his creations.

So I picked up and read issue #2...

I was disappointed that the rest of the Bloodstrike team wasn't actually a part of the "team" like the cover seems to show.

I did find it funny with what he said about Deadlock.

Rob seems to be able to laugh at himself and his creations.
    Read 2 over the weekend. Sadly the energy of the first issue is missing for me. One funny remark about Deadlock, that's basically it, plus lackluster art already in issue 2. Liefeld is able to do good work, but as usual is lacking any spirit of going longer than one issue. I think I will check 3, if there is no improvement I am out.

Read 2 over the weekend. Sadly the energy of the first issue is missing for me. One funny remark about Deadlock, that's basically it, plus lackluster art already in issue 2. Liefeld is able to do good work, but as usual is lacking any spirit of going longer than one issue. I think I will check 3, if there is no improvement I am out.
    I think Issue #2 was mostly about Rob cutting ties with the previous Bloodstrike, while "acknowledging" fan reactions (in regards to Deadlock).

I will say, I was a bit bummed by this issue. I was hoping for the team of Bloodstrike to do more.

Would have been nice to see some development there - to at least become protagonists to Bloodstrike.

Rather than seeing:
    spoilers:

Both Deadlock and Shogun taken down and destroyed within two pages.
    end of spoilers

Pretty sure this series is dead in the water. Just like the relaunched BRIGADE was. (That lasted - what? one issue?)

I've made repeated attempts (on Twitter and such), reaching out to Rob to ask when #3 was coming out - and nothing.

Most recently reached out to the artist, and also got back nothing.

RIP Bloodstrike.