Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Liefeld tweeted recently that he was back to work on both BLOODSTRIKE and BRIGADE. Though, he's also working on DEADPOOL: BAD BLOOD.

Fantastic Member

It feels so Liefeldian when you capitalize the titles like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    Liefeld tweeted recently that he was back to work on both BLOODSTRIKE and BRIGADE. Though, he's also working on DEADPOOL: BAD BLOOD.
    Making readers wait (how many months since Bloodstrike #2?) -we at four? Five? Months?

That's something you'd expect from some small mom and pop self publishing comic team...

Not Image comics. You'd figure they'd at least have 3 or so issue all done and ready before beginning anything...

I can't even remember how long ago Brigade #1 came out... how long has that been? Over 6 months, I'm sure.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I looked and couldn't find that tweet.

Brigade never came out at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Brigade never came out at all...
    It was Brigade that I was thinking of. I know he has a Kickstarter for Brigade currently. But back in 2010, he released a "revamped" "all new origin" for Brigade. All that ever came out... Issue #1.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    It feels so Liefeldian when you capitalize the titles like that.
    It's a common way to present the title of a work.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I looked and couldn't find that tweet.
    He's made sporadic references to both BLOODSTRIKE and BRIGADE on Twitter and Instagram since the new year. Might be easier to find on Instagram as there are fewer posts to go through.

He's added some additional con appearances recently, so who knows if that will impact his publishing schedule like it did last year. I assume the Deadpool book is the priority.

He's added some additional con appearances recently, so who knows if that will impact his publishing schedule like it did last year. I assume the Deadpool book is the priority.
    I can imagine that DP is his #1 priority... it's all he talks about.

And he apologies all over the Brigade KS for not being able to hold a schedule.

Amazing Member

Liefeld just responded to someone on Twitter asking whether there would be BLOODSTRIKE and BRIGADE out this summer with "Yes!" This was about an hour ago. Hopefully it starts then and continues to come regularly for an extended period.

I see no reason why that would be the case.
    I mean, when was the last time Liefeld released on a consistent schedule for 6+ issues and that wasnt work for hire?

Liefeld just responded to someone on Twitter asking whether there would be BLOODSTRIKE and BRIGADE out this summer with "Yes!" This was about an hour ago. Hopefully it starts then and continues to come regularly for an extended period.
    One can hope, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I see no reason why that would be the case.
    I mean, when was the last time Liefeld released on a consistent schedule for 6+ issues and that wasnt work for hire?
    Dark-Flux makes a very good point.

I want to believe that this will happen. But historically, the odds are not in his favor.

Amazing Member

I don't disagree with either of you. Concern over his creator-owned schedule is why I didn't back the BRIGADE Kickstarter in the first place, as much as I wanted it to happen. And it's part of why I'll be switching back to my "trades only" policy for such work after the first BLOODSTRIKE/BRIGADE volume is released.

I imagine BLOODSTRIKE #3 has to be re-solicited before Image publishes it and I don't see it on Image's website. So, we're already looking at late summer, at best.

I don't disagree with either of you. Concern over his creator-owned schedule is why I didn't back the BRIGADE Kickstarter in the first place, as much as I wanted it to happen. And it's part of why I'll be switching back to my "trades only" policy for such work after the first BLOODSTRIKE/BRIGADE volume is released. I imagine BLOODSTRIKE #3 has to be re-solicited before Image publishes it and I don't see it on Image's website. So, we're already looking at late summer, at best.
    It's a shame, because Rob certainly has enough time to talk about Cable and Deadpool on Twitter and Instagram. He needs to stop typing on there and work on his comic.

At this point, I have already forgotten what there was for a story - other than Bloodstrike killed the rest of his team - and that he got his wanker got cut off.

... Wait, was there much more than that to it?

Amazing Member

Liefeld was soliciting questions for an upcoming podcast and I asked about the direct market release dates for BS #3 and B #1. He said "Soon and not soon enough!" That's not a promising answer.

Liefeld was soliciting questions for an upcoming podcast and I asked about the direct market release dates for BS #3 and B #1. He said "Soon and not soon enough!" That's not a promising answer.
    Why does he care? He's probably rolling in money from the Deadpool money royalties...