Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Issue #3 of this never came out, right?

How many months now?

And he just announced a new Youngblood, with X-Men 92 writer and a new artist.

So maybe, that will be on time... (but hate the redesigns and the new characters look... so I will be skipping that... so it won't matter...)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Yeah, #3 never came out. I thought the first two issues were pretty fun, but Rob is a lazy quitter. He is going to run out of fans one day with stuff like this. Why should I be excited for Youngblood? I actually thought it looked kinda cool, reminded me of Alan Moore's abbreviated run.

It's too bad, though, that Rob took this book over and then killed it quickly, because Tim Seeley's Bloodstrike was really cool. Rob's was over the top and crazy (like his run on Deathstroke, which many claimed to hate - without even reading it - but I quite enjoyed), but Seeley kicked butt.

It's weird that I enjoy the new Thunderbolts book, because the artist was the guy drawing the last run of Youngblood, which was pretty poorly written. But it brings me back to the old exciting days of the 90s with Jon Malin's art.

I'm intrigued by the new Youngblood. I go into Liefeld books expecting an abrupt end, but if we get something like the 2012 relaunch I'll be more than happy. Glory and Bloodstrike were amazing. Larsen's Supreme was... not the best. Haven't finished Blue Rose, either.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Erik Larsen's Supreme was empty and awful. And it started so well with the Alan Moore written first issue he did. Actually, there were good things he did, but it got worse and worse over time.

I didn't read Blue Rose, looked completely not Supreme at all. The art was off putting to me and I while I used to love Warren Ellis, I don't think he's written anything good in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    Erik Larsen's Supreme was empty and awful. And it started so well with the Alan Moore written first issue he did. Actually, there were good things he did, but it got worse and worse over time.

I didn't read Blue Rose, looked completely not Supreme at all. The art was off putting to me and I while I used to love Warren Ellis, I don't think he's written anything good in some time.
    Blue Rose wasn't very Supreme. It was Warren Ellis trying to be "meta" and whatnot. It's all up its own ass. Still, I need to finish it.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Yeah, #3 never came out. I thought the first two issues were pretty fun, but Rob is a lazy quitter. He is going to run out of fans one day with stuff like this. Why should I be excited for Youngblood? I actually thought it looked kinda cool, reminded me of Alan Moore's abbreviated run.
    Well, if he's making any commission at all from Deadpool... It's no wonder he feels like he can do whatever he wants.

It's weird that I enjoy the new Thunderbolts book, because the artist was the guy drawing the last run of Youngblood, which was pretty poorly written. But it brings me back to the old exciting days of the 90s with Jon Malin's art.
    It's also the same artist that did the "Ex X-Men" version of the New Warriors, which was horrible (art wise, story wise, was actually pretty good). I feel the same about Thunderbolts. Pretty good story (for the most part, could be better), but my problem is the art.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!