Spideyparker75

Default Could Regent have defeated Doom. Spoilers for SM RYV

Apologies if a thread exists for this but Ive just read SM RYV in one sitting and I loved it but I wonder if Regent (that was his name wasnt it? ) had been successful and had got Spidermans powers could he have defeated Doom like he wanted? I know its a what if scenario but I was just curious. Yes he was easily defeated in the end but had he been successful could he have bested doom? Is there another Regent elsewhere in battleworld who could step up?

Thoughts, opinions?

Doom could have snapped his fingers and made Regent a bum in the gutter with no memory.

Apart from that obvious outcome, Regent was extremely unstable and on the verge of disintegration from the constant absorbing super powers and fighting with powers, so I don't know whether Doom would laugh, or just feel pity for Regent for being so naive.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Doom could have snapped his fingers and made Regent a bum in the gutter with no memory.

Apart from that obvious outcome, Regent was extremely unstable and on the verge of disintegration from the constant absorbing super powers and fighting with powers, so I don't know whether Doom would laugh, or just feel pity for Regent for being so naive.
    Well he was very unstable especially at the end before being defeated and I suppose Doom probably would have bested him easily should the confrontation had happened.

However if and its a big if Regent had remained calm if you will he may well have caused some damage.

Would he have targeted Valeria in the same way Annie was targeted?

Nope. Maestro in the Destroyer armor would have had a better (but still non-existent) chance.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Nope. Maestro in the Destroyer armor would have had a better (but still non-existent) chance.
    Thanks thats fair enough.

As i said just curious....

Regent got beat by Spider-man and mini-Spider-girl.

Doom just reset the memories and timeline of a whole domain involving a version of Blackbolt and Medusa as part of an experiment. And he's been doing this several times.

So no. Regent had zilch chance in all heck.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Regent got beat by Spider-man and mini-Spider-girl.

Doom just reset the memories and timeline of a whole domain involving a version of Blackbolt and Medusa as part of an experiment. And he's been doing this several times.

So no. Regent had zilch chance in all heck.
    Yeah he started out powerful enough but was easily beaten by the parker family. So if Regent with all those superhero powers couldnt who will?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Considering what happened to the Maestro's attempt at overthrowing Doom and the fate of Medusa and Black Bolt, you have to wonder if they were only as powerful as Doom let them believe so as to keep control over their kingdoms. Once they overstepped their boundaries, they get knocked down again. I think this might be why the raft survivors are a problem. Apparently he can't manipulate them as easily.

Spectacular Member

A better question is how did Regent defeat all of the X-Men in that domain? They never explained that. He just walks in and kills them? None of the telepaths read his mind? And as a follow up, how did he know how to steal their powers? While I thought it was a decent read, not my favorite Spidey tie in to SW, there were some plot holes that could have been better addressed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    Apologies if a thread exists for this but Ive just read SM RYV in one sitting and I loved it but I wonder if Regent (that was his name wasnt it? ) had been successful and had got Spidermans powers could he have defeated Doom like he wanted? I know its a what if scenario but I was just curious. Yes he was easily defeated in the end but had he been successful could he have bested doom? Is there another Regent elsewhere in battleworld who could step up?

Thoughts, opinions?
    It's not even close. Doom has all of the power of the guys who destroyed the entire multiverse. And starting with Phoenix, he's beaten a whole host of characters pretty easily. Can Doom even be hurt, even if he's taken by surprise? Doesn't seem like it.

Can Doom have his power taken away? That might be more likely, if someone found out about the molecule man.

There's probably a good debate to be had about who the most powerful character is that Doom has manhandled. I'd go with Dr. Strange, who has the power of the Black Priests. Phoenix and Korvac are up there. But Regent is not even in that class.