Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My avatar just changed

I just noticed my avatar changed and I literally didn't do anything. Didn't change my profile or preferences or anything.
    I think I use to have a Gundam and now I have.....idk who this is, Superman maybe?
    The J-man

We're in the middle of replacing our old avatars with new ones at the larger size, so it's probably related to that. Not sure why yours changed to Superman, but you can always switch to something else.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Lol look what they changed mine to.

I'm guessing that, despite dividing up the avatars into categories, that there may be a numerical value assigned in the order they get uploaded. We cleaned out the database before uploading the new ones, so the number of the avatar you had selected before the change got carried over and whatever new avatar got assigned that number replaced what you had.
    Conn Seanery

Yes. Mine's changed. Not for the better… as it used to be Tommy Monaghan that would be impossible.

Will change it back (hopefully) in a few days when new system bedded in.

You can change it now, the numbers aren't going to change again. Like I said, it's only because we wiped the pre-defined avatar database clean and rebuilt it from scratch. We're not doing that again until 2037.
    Conn Seanery

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    You can change it now, the numbers aren't going to change again. Like I said, it's only because we wiped the pre-defined avatar database clean and rebuilt it from scratch. We're not doing that again until 2037.
    Cheers.

As far as I can see dear old Tommy has disappeared from the Avatar list. I pondered who could replace the great one over a cup of coffee. And, of course, first option was to use Ben Grimm, the blue eyed idol of my long lost youth. But…having looked at Ben avatars available…have to say none of them captured his blue eyed manly beauty too well. So decided to go with James Tiberius Kirk… the guy I often journeyed into space with, in my late teens.

Think that's me sorted for ever…expect to be pushing up daisies sometime before 2037.

I'm pretty sure I uploaded a couple of Hitman avatars.
    Conn Seanery

Good to know its nothing serious, mine changed as well , i thought my account had been hacked, thanks for the relief Conn Seanery
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I'm pretty sure I uploaded a couple of Hitman avatars.
    And you're right, of course.

I was looking under name of Tommy M, rather than Hitman! I can be a bit of a chump at times.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

mine changed, too, as did, apparently, everyone's (? mine, certainly) join date status (again?)
    ANYWAY!--have been trying to find my old V for Vendetta icon-- anybody seen V?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    mine changed, too, as did, apparently, everyone's (? mine, certainly) join date status (again?)
    ANYWAY!--have been trying to find my old V for Vendetta icon-- anybody seen V?
    It's in the TV & Film section.
    Conn Seanery

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

thanks!
    always thought of V as a comicbook. hmmmm....!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

thanks!
    Comic first (actually a b&w feature in the British magazine Warrior before DC started putting out the comic book), but then gained even more recognition as a movie.

thanks!
    It's not a judgment of the material, the V avatar that's there is from the film, so it goes in that section.
    Conn Seanery