Default What percentage of people think Batman has powers?

Listening to a bit of commentary of Wales football match. Gareth Bale scores a goal, leading to following super excited commentary from Robbie Savage: "Super. Super powered just like Batman, Gareth, Batman, etc"

Now it may well be that Robbie is not most observant person on Earth...but it reminded me that several of my mates...the ones that prefer to just look at what happens in the drawings, rather than"waste time" reading are firmly convinced that Batman does have powers. In a way understandable.

But how widespread do you think belief (that Batman is powered) is? Maybe as high as 10 percent of the general public?

You have to define "powers". Are we talking only about super-human abilities caused by bizarre accidents, coincidences, magic, unearthly, etc.?

Or is someone who trains and develops their body or mind to peak performance (or beyond?) that few others normally achieve also considered having "powers"?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I've seen Batman contact spirits, return from the dead, walk off crippling injuries, see the future, and swing on a zillion casually thrown out ropes without dislocating his shoulder every time.

Batman's got powers. And, tech that simulates powers. And, stuff.

He took the breath out of the Hulk once.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I consider Batman to be at the absolute theoretical peak of human performance physically and mentally to the point he would be considered Super-Human.

Incredible Member

Robbie Savage: "Super. Super powered just like Batman, Gareth, Batman, etc"
    Oh god that's so cute. Maybe he just means power in terms of athletisism? Pundits and commentators aren't really there for their brains as much as their ability to keep the match from going quiet. i've heard them say some really quite stupid things.

I don't think i've ever heard anyone say they thought Batman had actual superpowers.

No powers Batman has the "power" to automatically induce P.I.S. on every actual super-powered being and thing in his universe.
    And the I.S. willingly expands out to his readers.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Casual fans think Batman can do anything anyway so its a moot point so that's probably like 75% of his fandom right there

In reality its impossible to do the things Batman does(even the supposed realistic things) and not get called beyond human

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Oh god that's so cute. Maybe he just means power in terms of athletisism? Pundits and commentators aren't really there for their brains as much as their ability to keep the match from going quiet. i've heard them say some really quite stupid things.

I don't think i've ever heard anyone say they thought Batman had actual superpowers.
    I think Robbie is firmly of the opinion that Gareth Bale is a super hero, and would most likely have compared him to Superman, if he suspected Batman has no powers.

Look at the sort of things T Hedge reminded us that Batman does....if you start with an open mind as opposed to a firm belief that Batman has no powers... you can't say Robbie's conviction is so daft. Put it this way, when Wildstorm created somebody (Midnighter) to perform at Batman's level, they gave him a very substantial powerset.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-04-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Amazing Member

i dressed in a Batman shirt/mask last year for Halloween. my grandma (taking a picture) said i should hold my arms in front of me like i was flying. when i mentioned Batman doesn't fly, she was very confused.....

Extraordinary Member

Reading the stuff Batman gets up to in Justice League comics and then saying he has no powers is the ultimate escapist fantasy.

Im pretty sure his two Middle names are Mary and Sue.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I'm pretty sure he's got a healing factor.

Spectacular Member

17% if I remember correctly.

BANNED

Robbie Savage is a wally.