Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I was looking at an Amazing Spider-Man #1 preview today, and something hit me (figuratively, not literally). Why does Milo Morales exist in the current 616 if not to appease those fans that aren't happy with Peter Parker growing? As with replacing their major charcters and still keeping the original ones around (albeit, in a seriously reduced capacity)
    I think there are many reasons why Miles is still around. First being that he is a popular character, one of the breakout stars of the Ultimate Universe so it makes sense that he would make the jump the main 616 continuity.

But I'm not sure how you can say that Peter as the original exists in a reduced capacity. Miles stars in his own book and is a member of the Avengers. Peter also stars in own book as well as the period book "Spidey" has a ongoing team up book with another popular character Deadpool and is a member of the Uncanny Avengers. Seems to me that Peter Parker exists in a much bigger capacity than before and certainly has more focus than Miles.

Astonishing Member

So I figure this was just another rant on the change in diversity with the new Marvel Universe, can we just merge this thread to the other nu-marvel thread since it's pretty much the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So I figure this was just another rant on the change in diversity with the new Marvel Universe, can we just merge this thread to the other nu-marvel thread since it's pretty much the same thing?
    Well, it could have been worse, at least they didnt turned Steve Rogers in an asian man, or Carol Danvers in a black woman with afro and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I think there are many reasons why Miles is still around. First being that he is a popular character, one of the breakout stars of the Ultimate Universe so it makes sense that he would make the jump the main 616 continuity.
    Hey, despite far from being a Bendis fan (to put it mildly), I had no problem with him in the Ultimate Universe, and thought killing Peter Parker there and bring in the new kid quite a ballsy move. However, only reason I see for bringing him over is to have a teen Spidey while Pete goes on to become all that he can be. Other than that....

As I've said, I do belive that many of theses changes in characters are here to stay, but one change that I truly hope does, and am doubtful it will, is the way Marvel is spreading is range of characters that will get their own book. After a more than a whole decade of basically only Spider this, X-that, Wolverine eveywhere, and eveybody is an Avenger, I find it refreshing to have books like the Ultimates, with such a powerful but unique line-up, Abnett's Guardians continue to have some kind of spotlight, and to see characters like Hercules, Black Knight, Vision, Hellcat, Scarlet Witch, and others finally getting a shot at having their own books. Granted, many of the takes are not what I expected, and there are very few I'll probably try (hey, my country is up to it's neck in a terrible crisis and I really can't afford to waste money), but I do hope they succeed, and Marvel continues to support these kind of books.

Peace