Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Except that RHA is not a title edited by the Batman office nor stars Batman and if having a batman related character is enough for the to pick a title for review they should be reviewing Teen Titans as well. Plus, having a writer so blatanly biased against the creative team defeats the point of the reviews.
    They do review Teen Titans. And the reviewer does make several criticisms of the book itself, not just Lobdell.
    Last edited by joybeans; 09-13-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    They do review Teen Titans. And the reviewer does make several criticisms of the book itself, not just Lobdell.
    Teen Titans Go you mean, they dropped TT two months ago. And those critcism are always aimed towards Lobdell, hell the guy didn't even bothered to fact check his review for issue 2 and is claiming that both Medri and Pantalena did the art for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Teen Titans Go you mean, they dropped TT two months ago. And those critcism are always aimed towards Lobdell, hell the guy didn't even bothered to fact check his review for issue 2 and is claiming that both Medri and Pantalena did the art for it.
    http://batman-news.com/2015/08/25/up...ugust-26-2015/

According to that, they still plan on reviewing it (unless they announced it elsewhere). The reviewer has just been slow. And they review books like New Suicide Squad and Secret Six, which are just tangentially related to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The thing I have never been able to understand, and this goes for any book not just ones written by Lobdell, is why someone would waste the money and/or the time on a book they have no desire to read in the first place and that they clearly don't enjoy. I'm not speaking about reviewers who may have to read them because it's their job, I'm talking about the general comic book reader. I've heard all the reasons (more like excuses) as to why people continue to read something they hate but it still really befuddles me. If I don't like a book I either don't pick it up to begin with or I drop it as soon as I figure out it's not one I enjoy. In the case of it being written by a writer whose work I don't like I skip it completely without giving it a look because I already know I won't enjoy it.
    I noticed a few on the DC Comics forum who seem to complain about the same books every month. It's a little puzzling, but I suppose some people just want to know what happens next. There are a few books (Earth 2: Society and Green Arrow, for example) that I've been following despite several flaws because I still enjoy certain aspects of it, or am at least interested in the plot up to the next trade cutoff. I know there are some bloggers who will buy and read books they like and dislike because they enjoy reviewing and writing about them, which I suppose is fair enough.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I noticed a few on the DC Comics forum who seem to complain about the same books every month. It's a little puzzling, but I suppose some people just want to know what happens next.
    The people that continuously complain about a title are exactly the type of comic readers that baffle me. Sure they get to rant and rave about it on forums like this one but really they are getting nothing out of it. Seems to me their time and money could be better spent on something that they do enjoy reading is all. Honestly if you don't like a book or a particular direction or a certain writer or artist why support those things in the first place? Anyway this has just been something that bugs me about comic fans since I came back to reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans
    There are a few books (Earth 2: Society and Green Arrow, for example) that I've been following despite several flaws because I still enjoy certain aspects of it, or am at least interested in the plot up to the next trade cutoff. I know there are some bloggers who will buy and read books they like and dislike because they enjoy reviewing and writing about them, which I suppose is fair enough.
    Yeah, I still do derive enjoyment from flawed books as well but the key word here is "enjoyment". I'm sure the people who continue to read a book they hate must be getting some perverse enjoyment from going online and talking about how bad the book is particularly if a whole lot of other people seem to agree with them. I guess my problem is that I don't care about that so I can't really understand the mentality behind it. I read what I like and leave everything else alone because it's a waste of my time and limited funds. I guess that makes me the odd man out.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

good issue. make Jason go back to his old costume

BANNED

I still prefer the old costume but that kind of thing never made or break a character to me and this issue was a vast improvement over the others. It`s my hope Loedbell continues to stir it up like this.