Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman '77 Chapter 8 Discussion/Spoilers

Anybody else read this?

Cheetah actually uses a combination of her own innate power (mostly speed) and some artifacts to go up against Wonder Woman in this, showing that the version going up against friggen Lynda Carter is smarter than the canon one is often portrayed as. Turns out the goddess connected to that dagger is Mafdet, which made me giddy because she's the goddess I've wanted Cheetah associated with for a while, and we get her transforming people into her were-Cheetah army, but in a way that's a little less goofy than her just vampire biting people.

Overall, I think this is more along the lines of what I would have liked New 52 Cheetah to be. Obviously, without the '77 filter and more build up with the "friendship" and A.R.G.U.S stuff, but this is really good for what it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Anybody else read this?

Cheetah actually uses a combination of her own innate power (mostly speed) and some artifacts to go up against Wonder Woman in this, showing that the version going up against friggen Lynda Carter is smarter than the canon one is often portrayed as. Turns out the goddess connected to that dagger is Mafdet, which made me giddy because she's the goddess I've wanted Cheetah associated with for a while, and we get her transforming people into her were-Cheetah army, but in a way that's a little less goofy than her just vampire biting people.

Overall, I think this is more along the lines of what I would have liked New 52 Cheetah to be. Obviously, without the '77 filter and more build up with the "friendship" and A.R.G.U.S stuff, but this is really good for what it is.
    I liked it. But, one thing to point out is all the people becoming Cheetahs which is reminiscent of the first arc when they were all under the Silver Swan's spell.

Otherwise, thought the colors were improved.

I am so ecstatic that Andreyko used Mafdet as Cheetah's power source.

The battle was great, love Cheetah's use of mystical weaponry. And yeah, enslaving the civilians with the dagger is way cooler than the vampire bite.

I really hope whoever uses Cheetah next in the New 52 (I guess Suicide Squad, huh?) is paying attention to this story. Mafdet as Barbara's "god" makes perfect sense, and a smart, cunning Cheetah who uses magical artifacts rather than just claws would elevate her standing as a villain.

BANNED

well done, I really like this cheetah origins

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I am so ecstatic that Andreyko used Mafdet as Cheetah's power source.

The battle was great, love Cheetah's use of mystical weaponry. And yeah, enslaving the civilians with the dagger is way cooler than the vampire bite.

I really hope whoever uses Cheetah next in the New 52 (I guess Suicide Squad, huh?) is paying attention to this story. Mafdet as Barbara's "god" makes perfect sense, and a smart, cunning Cheetah who uses magical artifacts rather than just claws would elevate her standing as a villain.
    I wonder if Andreyko reads these forums? Quite a few of us have suggested Mafdet for her in the past. I hope they take advantage of the Convergence/loose continuity stuff now to drop the Cult of Hippolyta and San Tribe stuff and just use Mafdet instead. Barbara being a con-woman/glory seeking archaeologist who grows increasingly jealous towards Wonder Woman after her own accomplishments are continually upstaged by her "friend" is probably better than her being a whack job from a cult that worships Artemis and the Amazons.

I think she might have been dropped from Suicide Squad, as I would have expected her to show up by now. Considering that I haven't heard many good things about the title in general recently, that's probably for the best. Now, if she can dodge the Finch bullet we'd be in business.

Interestingly Mafdet is opposite of what Barbra wants. Maddest was the goddess of judgment, justice, and execution. She would killwrong doers. However, Barbra probably feels she has been wronged. So I do like that the goddess power abused
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-04-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    But, one thing to point out is all the people becoming Cheetahs which is reminiscent of the first arc when they were all under the Silver Swan's spell.
    This.

I knew there was something about the chapter that gave me that feeling of déjà vu.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Interestedly Mafdet should e in someway force to be Barbra's God since Mafdet is the goddess of Justice . I mean that would be very interesting.

I skimmed through to avoid spoilers, since I'm digital trade-waiting (I'll be getting the collected Special in digital)... but the preview art I've seen looks really good.
    And I like that they're really building her a Rogues Gallery.