Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goro vs Sagat

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm trying to remember here, so feel free to correct, but didn't the Capcom SF databooks state that Sagat's training regiment involved throwing himself into tornadoes, or am I thinking of Zangief? It's one or the other.
    Zangief's thing involved choking out huge bears so; probably Sagat.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Zangief's thing involved choking out huge bears so; probably Sagat.
    Zangief also developed his Spinning Pile Driver due to an encounter with an F5 tornado, IIRC.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

That was a great movie.. but after more of the SF canon was released here and there, it kind of shows a lot of inaccuracies. Sagat was massively, massively mopping the floor with Ryu and the only reason he got sucker punched was because he went over to help Ryu get up after mopping the floor with him.

Also, taking into consideration, Zangief's insane training regimen, it really should be noted that Sagat is a few tiers higher on the power totem pole.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

In the Games was Goro the one that was Immune to projectiles, and in fact had auto-reflect?

I remember in 3 I could always get to the ending boss by spamming Cyrax's net-cannon.

EDIT: Nope, that was Motaro.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Ehhhh...Street Fighter top tiers have more insane actual fighting feats than Mortal Kombat characters, and Sagat is a really high second tier of Street Fighter. But he's lacking in actual feats for some reason.

I mean, people like Cody, who beat up a small city's worth of people, are solidly low-mid tier in the Street Fighter universe, as a comparison.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

IIRC, Cody gets a lot of respect from the likes of Gouki/Akuma in the non-canon end of fight commentary and finds most of the fights to be boring.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-08-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Ehhhh...Street Fighter top tiers have more insane actual fighting feats than Mortal Kombat characters, and Sagat is a really high second tier of Street Fighter. But he's lacking in actual feats for some reason.

I mean, people like Cody, who beat up a small city's worth of people, are solidly low-mid tier in the Street Fighter universe, as a comparison.
    to be fair, he did have haggar and guy at the time and they aren't exactly pushovers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    IIRC, Cody gets a lot of respect from the likes of Gouki/Akuma in the non-canon end of fight commentary and finds most of the fights to be boring.
    Gouki also hangs out with and takes a selfie with Elena in her ending, so I would like to say that guy is just a big softie.

Low mid tier in Street Fighter is still super awesome in that universe, which is kind of the point. It's no Darkstalkers, but still powerful.

Apparently the Tiger Knee messed up John Cena pretty badly.

In mortal kombat nothing about liu kang is considered super human and he beat goro in the first game. Same with Kung Lao in the 2nd tournament who beat kintaro and shao khan.

Sagat in the stories and games has even fought andre who took a dragon punch from ryu and didn't even budge. I have to give it to Sagat 5/5 times. He draws on strength during intense competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    In mortal kombat nothing about liu kang is considered super human and he beat goro in the first game. Same with Kung Lao in the 2nd tournament who beat kintaro and shao khan.

Sagat in the stories and games has even fought andre who took a dragon punch from ryu and didn't even budge. I have to give it to Sagat 5/5 times. He draws on strength during intense competition.
    Everything about the MK fighters is Super Human. To say otherwise is absurd.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    In mortal kombat nothing about liu kang is considered super human and he beat goro in the first game.
    Other than you know, the Chi, the Super human Martial arts, fireballs, and the ABILITY TO TURN INTO A FRICKING DRAGON AND EAT PEOPLE.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    cody is one of only three character who limits himself in order to either not kill his foe or just to make the fights interesting. the others are akuma and oro.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    cody is one of only three character who limits himself in order to either not kill his foe or just to make the fights interesting. the others are akuma and oro.
    I like to give them a chance.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral