Thread: "Fist bump" :D

Default "Fist bump" :D

Okay, Lana Lang and Diana need to become close friends. Need. (minor spoilers) Thier little moment in today's Action Comics #32 with Diana's steely "Always." and Lana's "Fist bump." pretty much made my week. It was so completely perfect, delivering entire character essays in three little words.

This will likely go down as my favorite sequence all year.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I. Freaking. LOVED that scene!

And I demand that Diana and Lana DO, in fact, exchange an actual fist bump before this story is done!

med_gallery_5897_31_49360.jpg
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yes, that was a cool moment. Lana is a great character in the new52.

BANNED

It was a cool scene. good see nice moments for female characters. nothing really exceptional but i will take it.

Just wished Lois and diana could be friends again...but nah

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It was a cool scene. good see nice moments for female characters. nothing really exceptional but i will take it.

Just wished Lois and diana could be friends again...but nah
    Diana is likely going to play a role in freeing Lois from Brainiac's control. I'd say that's pretty good grounds for the two of them becoming friends.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Didnt they meet and hang out together at Lois' house warming party, before Clark arrived late? As I recall, they got along well enough and liked each other. You know, before the Psi War thing started up.

There hasn't been a ton of down time for either Diana or Lois. What little we have seen, they get along pretty well. Its not like they were BFF's in the first place.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didnt they meet and hang out together at Lois' house warming party, before Clark arrived late? As I recall, they got along well enough and liked each other. You know, before the Psi War thing started up.

There hasn't been a ton of down time for either Diana or Lois. What little we have seen, they get along pretty well. Its not like they were BFF's in the first place.
    Lois doesn't know that Diana is WW or she know? this is not clear. I don't think so. also they barely bond together in the party, nothing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Lois doesn't know that Diana is WW or she know? this is not clear. I don't think so. also they barely bond together in the party, nothing great.
    In this continuity, I dont believe Lois knows who Diana is, though with her psionic abilities she might. I vaguely recall a scene in Lobdell's run where they communicate via Lois' telepathy and it might have been stated that Lois knew. But for all I remember I could be imagining it.

As for their bonding at the party, Clark shows up late and Diana has been there for a while, and she doesnt exactly come off as quiet or meek. With Lobdell, you sort of have to self-edit and fill in the blanks. Clark was late. Diana is personable. Lois seemed to like her well enough from the on-panel scenes we got to see. Reading between the lines a bit, they got along just fine.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In this continuity, I dont believe Lois knows who Diana is, though with her psionic abilities she might. I vaguely recall a scene in Lobdell's run where they communicate via Lois' telepathy and it might have been stated that Lois knew. But for all I remember I could be imagining it.

As for their bonding at the party, Clark shows up late and Diana has been there for a while, and she doesnt exactly come off as quiet or meek. With Lobdell, you sort of have to self-edit and fill in the blanks. Clark was late. Diana is personable. Lois seemed to like her well enough from the on-panel scenes we got to see. Reading between the lines a bit, they got along just fine.
    Superman feed Lois to the parasite, so she lost memory of him as Superman and probably of diaan as WW. Or she would have talked to Diana as WW in smww 8.

I can only call it as acquaintances, nothing beyond that. They just meet, were nice to each other but only that.