Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Couldn't Pre-Flashpoint Wally West and Family have been saved in the aftermath of Convergence alongside Lois and Clark ?

Honestly, I know the whole deal with Superman's marriage to Lois and the need of his famous Red Trunks, but couldn't Convergence save Wally West of the Pre-Flashpoint world and his family too ?

I mean that way it wouldn't be too much for Superman and Lois to deal the new 52 alone with their son. I mean what's wrong with building a secret Flash Family surrounding new 52 Barry Allen and Black Wally ?

As fans of the Pre-Flashpoint Wally West, what do you think of this idea ?

Having them on the main earth would have been just as crappy an idea as having the old Lois and Clark there. Somewhere else in the multiverse, absolutely. But they're just being dumb forcing this stuff on their main earth.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe, but don't expect a Wally West book anytime soon, or at least one where he's The Flash.

Having two different interpretations of Clark Kent is one thing, but I doubt DC would ever put out a Wally West book alongside Barry's book and it would likely come with the same trappings as the Lois and Clark book has.
    Last edited by Frontier; 09-05-2015 at 04:38 PM.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe, but don't expect a Wally West book anytime soon, or at least one where he's The Flash.

Having two different interpretations of Clark Kent is one thing, but I doubt DC would ever put out a Wally West book alongside Barry's book and it would likely come with the same trappings as the Lois and Clark book has.
    Except, a Wally West as a Flashpoint survivor would have made so much more in-story sense. Wally West did the same thing during Infinite Crisis. He took his entire family to another dimension. He's able to penetrate all aspects of the Speed Force - time, hypertime, whatever.

It's just odd that DC doesn't see this how it should be. Wally is one of the few characters in the DCU who have been defined by pure character growth. He inherited his mentor's identity, had great tales told, surpassed his mentor - and then just thrown back into the bin.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just bring him back as "Speed Demon" a guy trying to revert the universe to a previous continuity.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-05-2015 at 05:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Just bring him back as "Speed Demon" a guy trying to revert the universe to a previous continuity.
    Would Wally take things too far to try to go "evil" just to get his former life back ?

BANNED

I would really like a preflahpoint wally family with lois and clark. i think it would be fair to wally west fans

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I would really like a preflahpoint wally family with lois and clark. i think it would be fair to wally west fans
    I know Wally West fans can be loud on these boards, but, really, how many of them are there in the real world that would pay $'s to support a tile like this?

Maybe DC doesn't think it would pull in enough money to justify it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know Wally West fans can be loud on these boards, but, really, how many of them are there in the real world that would pay $'s to support a tile like this?

I think that speed force did good number, I think it was close to convergence superman.

Aren't they making a Flash: Earth One series? why not use a more preflashpoint Wally for that. I'm more of a trade guy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Would Wally take things too far to try to go "evil" just to get his former life back ?
    I haven't read convergence, but didn't they reveal that the old universe still exists? So why would Wally go all superboy prime about the situation?

BANNED

Wally is the one pre Flashpoint character that could pierce through the multiverse to the new main earth.

Speedforce convergence #s anybody? How did they do against supermans #s?

I willsupportanything with wally

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Or they think Flash isn't a strong enough property to support two iterations at the same time and they'd cannibalize each other's sales to the point where neither book would be performing well. Or they just think it's more valuable to have Barry as the only Flash at this point in time. There's a hundred reasons to do or not do a particular series, but what fans think they "deserve" isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Aren't they making a Flash: Earth One series? why not use a more preflashpoint Wally for that. I'm more of a trade guy anyway.
    Pretty sure JMS confirmed that the Flash there would be Barry.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

remove this post