Default X Men Primer Staring Runs

Hey guys I'm new to X Men so just wanted some starting points in what to read. I bought all of the current all new x men and plan to get uncanny x men. Besides from that I do subscribe to marvel unlimited song can read whatever they offer on there. I'd like to keep things in the last 10-20 years if possible. I know I should get all of grant morrisons run but any other suggestions would be nice. Thanks guys.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I'd like to keep things in the last 10-20 years if possible. I know I should get all of grant morrisons run but any other suggestions would be nice.
    Astonishing X-Men #1-24 & Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men #1; by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday. The run started in 2004, post-Grant Morrison New X-Men.

Ok thanks I'll pick that up. Also before I get into marvel now titles for all new and uncanny do I need to know any back stories?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Avengers vs. X-Men (AvX), unfortunately. A lot of the... conflict in the current ANXM and UXM books stem from what happened in that event.