Default The New Star Wars Comics Chronological reading order question

Ever since Force Friday I've been in the mood for more SW. Anyone know the chronological timeline reading order for Leia, Lando, Vader, Kannan, and SW?

Kanan takes place first out of this list; his padawan stuff is just after Revenge of the Sith ends and his adult stuff is about 5 years before New Hope. Lando's mini series is a couple years before New Hope I think. Star Wars and Vader both start shortly after New Hope ended and take place concurrently between New Hope and Empire. It might be good to read those two in release order as if they were one series. Leia's mini series takes place after New Hope as well somewhere during that time so you can slot it in whenever during that period. I think Chewbacca's mini will also be during that time. The C3P0 one-shot coming out will be after Return of the Jedi as will the Shattered Empire mini.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

vader and star wars are taking place simultaneously.

The rest does not have any relevant chronological reading order.

So this is what I compiled in proper timeline order for the movies, tv shows, and new Marvel comics:

MOVIE: The Phantom Menace
    MOVIE: Attack of the Clones
    TV: The Clone Wars (Movie + Seasons 1-6)
    COMIC: Darth Maul Son of Dathomir
    MOVIE: Revenge of the Sith
    COMIC: Kanan: The Last Padawan
    TV: Rebels (Season 1+)
    MOVIE: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    MOVIE: A New Hope
    COMIC: Leia
    COMIC: Star Wars & Darth Vader (taking place together)
    COMIC: Lando
    MOVIE: The Empire Strikes Back
    MOVIE: Return of the Jedi
    COMIC: Shattered Empire (starts this week!)
    MOVIE: The Force Awakens

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    vader and star wars are taking place simultaneously.

The rest does not have any relevant chronological reading order.
    Is there a specific timeline order between SW and Vader issues so It's one big story?

It is not one big story. Each books has a very specific story but are sharing echoes.
    Just Darth Vader is the same character in the same universe in both books.

Spideyparker75

As a side note the Vader story (at least the first arc) had him looking for the pilot that destroyed the death star. Its been done in comics before (Vaders Quest) and this arc tells that story brilliantly imo. Alongside that is SW which features the rebels and we have had luke fight boba fett but brilliantly explained away why Luke didnt recognise him in Empire but I wont ruin that. Fett plays a role in both books.

Others have already explained where the other stories fall chronologically but I will add that the novel Aftermath is set at the same time as Shattered Empire )Straight after Endor)

As another side note we have an upcoming crossover called Vader down which will run between books (DV and SW) and starts with a one shot then continues in those two ongoings
    Last edited by Spideyparker75; 09-07-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Here you go.

It might be worth noting that one Dark Horse comic, Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, is still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Here you go.

It might be worth noting that one Dark Horse comic, Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, is still canon.

Thans. Reading Dathomir now.

What dod u guys think of the EU comics (Legends timeline). Is it better than the Disney timeline?

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Thans. Reading Dathomir now.

What dod u guys think of the EU comics (Legends timeline). Is it better than the Disney timeline?
    Some brilliant comics in the old EU but disney is still a relatively new timeline so hard to compare. We are getting some decent stuff set between ANH and ESB, an area that hasnt been covered as much in the past. Its hard not to look past Dark Empire and stuff like that in the old EU because that stuff is pure gold.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Two of my all time favorite Star Wars comics series are from the Eu legends era. The Knights of the old Republic series starring the framed for murder padawan Zayne Carrick who had to clear his name. The other is probably my favorite the book called Dark Times set right after Revenge of the Sith. It is the story of one of the few surviving Jedi named Dass Jennir on the run trying to stay alive in the wake of the rise of the Empire.

The great thing about stuff like Dark Times, Knights of the Old Republic, Tales of the Jedi, Purge, and some other stuff is it really does still fit in the new cannon if Disney decided they wanted to use it since nothing in it really contridicts any of the new stuff and most of it stands on its own.

I'm reading Dawn of the Jedi, my very first SW comic read and I absolutely love it. It's fresh and it's not the same old Vader/Luke stuff. I am really liking this. I want to read everything from the beginning to the current.

Also started on Clone Wars Season 6 (Lost Missions) God damn I forgot how incredible that show was, I hope Rebels is just as good.

Finished Dawn of the Jedi, loved it. Only gripe I had was the fact Lok survived being stabbed by the Forcesaber... didn't make sense. Plus Shae Koda got zapped and was pretty much dead but then also magically survived.

All up to date on Marvel's new SW & Darth Vader, I LOVE IT. Now just do a quick run through LEIA and LANDO and then I start on the Darkhorse era officially with Tales of the Jedi.

All up to date on Vader and SW. I love them. Can't wait for Vader Down. Also read Leia and Lando. Leia was boring but Lando was awesome, can't wait for the final issue. So Chewbacca #1 will debut after Lando ends?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    I think the X-Wing Rogue Squadron books were some of the best Star Wars comics ever produced. The last four storylines where Michael Stackpole took over full scripting duties were especially good but I recommend reading the series as a whole as so many character driven moments payoff brilliantly outside the main plot lines. I keep hoping Marvel will delve into the formation of Rogue Squadron post Battle of Yavin. Feels like that storyline, centered around two hotshot young pilots in Luke and Wedge, has terrific mileage but has never been explored.
    Reading: Marvel's Star Wars line, Snyder/Capullo Batman, Walking Dead, Empowered, Deadpool, Grayson
    Wish I was reading: new X-wing Rogue Squadron, Richard Rider Nova, Wally West Flash pre New 52, new PS238