BANNED

Default With Europa Finally Being Released, Can We Expect Batman All Star's Conclusion?

Jim Lee did say that he plans a come back to Bruce Wayne's world and now we see Europa finally going out.

of course not.

I would like an explanation from Lee or DC, as i recall the scripts are in.

If they feel they scripts are oft-putting, edit them and publish away, its not hard. Frank may be pissed but o well, its not the first time a writer's work was changed.

I'm not sure.

I'm inclined to say it'll never be finished but I'm sure the same thought was applicable to Europa at one point as well. It would be convenient with DKIII on it's way to wrap up the book and complete the Millerverse Batman's story. Was there ever any concrete reason given as to why Lee didn't finish drawing it? I know that sort of thing isn't unheard of when it comes to Jim Lee but did anyone ever make an effort to explain why he still hasn't done it? The first answer I'm drawn to is that he (and the rest of the DC higher ups) realized the story wasn't what they were expecting and fan reception was very poor and they decided it wasn't worth it. Although the book did sell pretty damn well from what I recall, and they teased everyone with that Dark Knight: Boy Wonder business.

I've said plenty about Miller's Batman on these boards and AB&R isn't a story I'm dying to know the finish of. But I've also seen plenty of people say kind things about it and think it's only fair that the fans get closure on the story. You know DC wants to eventually put out a massive Millerverse omnibus eventually and finishing those scripts would probably sweeten the deal for a lot of people.

And hey, maybe there's something in that story that makes DKSA's ending a little less absurd. Probably (definitely) not but that'd be neat!

Incredible Member

I've given up on it ever being finished, and i do think it's a huge shame. I have genuine love the ASBAR book. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I honestly can't think of any other comic that's made me laugh as much as that one (intended or not).

Since its the origin of the DKR batman I would think DC doesn't really want that story finished just yet
    I mean they have to wrap up the universe first

I guess I have a little morbid curiosity in seeing the conclusion of ASBAR conclude, and how certain plots Miller introduced resolved themselves like what happens to Barbara or how Robin truly effects Batman in a positive way, but otherwise I'm not really hoping or looking forward to it coming back.

And judging by the lack of anything from DC, it seems they share the opinion.

The other thing I don't get is that the question doesn't even seem to be asked of DC anymore. It never comes up.

It's like no one even cares.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I'm not sure.

I'm inclined to say it'll never be finished but I'm sure the same thought was applicable to Europa at one point as well. It would be convenient with DKIII on it's way to wrap up the book and complete the Millerverse Batman's story. Was there ever any concrete reason given as to why Lee didn't finish drawing it? I know that sort of thing isn't unheard of when it comes to Jim Lee but did anyone ever make an effort to explain why he still hasn't done it? The first answer I'm drawn to is that he (and the rest of the DC higher ups) realized the story wasn't what they were expecting and fan reception was very poor and they decided it wasn't worth it. Although the book did sell pretty damn well from what I recall, and they teased everyone with that Dark Knight: Boy Wonder business.

I've said plenty about Miller's Batman on these boards and AB&R isn't a story I'm dying to know the finish of. But I've also seen plenty of people say kind things about it and think it's only fair that the fans get closure on the story. You know DC wants to eventually put out a massive Millerverse omnibus eventually and finishing those scripts would probably sweeten the deal for a lot of people.

And hey, maybe there's something in that story that makes DKSA's ending a little less absurd. Probably (definitely) not but that'd be neat!
    I think it was a lot of little things rather than one concrete reason. The constant delays (not just with ASBAR, but with Allstar Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and GL as well) leading them to deem the line a failure and canning it, combined with eventual changes in the DC like up keeping Jim Lee busy, the New 52, increasing lack of interest, etc.

I'd honestly just be happy if they just released the scripts at this point.

I think its possible. It does look likely that DK3 is going to be last Miller's work, it would be really nice to finish ASBAR and release one big collection with everything Miller related. Besides, it would have Miller's and Jim Lee's names on the cover, it would sell.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Although the book did sell pretty damn well from what I recall, and they teased everyone with that Dark Knight: Boy Wonder business.
    If I'm not mistaken every issue was in TOP 10 and was outselling basically everything else released from DC.