Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Questions about marvel characters and their and their current statuses

I find it quite difficult to keep up with the current Marvel titles and I'm very confused about the current statuses of the characters. I would like some clarification with these characters because it's really confusing to me.

1) Are Steve Rogers and Tony Stark of 616 actually dead? I thought they were killed in Avengers 44 but I've seen posts saying that they survive so I don't know what's going on.

2) I know Jane Foster became the new Thor but is there any official explanation as to how she became Thor or how she got Mjolnir in the first place?

3) Why is Amadeus Cho becoming the new Hulk? Is Bruce Banner of 616 dead? I lost track of Hulk comics.

4) I just found out Magneto died at the end of his latest series. Is Marvel replacing him with an alternate version of himself?

Furthermore, I would like to apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. Any answers will be highly appreciated.

Thank You!

the current status is: There is Nothing but Secret Wars.

So, any talk of the 616 universe is kinda pointless since it doesn't exist because There is Only Battleworld.

That said, as far as All-New All-Different Marvel is concerned, Steve is alive and still and old man; Magneto will be alive again, Banner is alive and for the how and why, well, read Totally Awesome Hulk #1!

and yes, it was explained how Jane got Mjolnir in the last volume of Thor before SW came along.
    I surrender to the Contest

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    the current status is: There is Nothing but Secret Wars.

So, any talk of the 616 universe is kinda pointless since it doesn't exist because There is Only Battleworld.

That said, as far as All-New All-Different Marvel is concerned, Steve is alive and still and old man; Magneto will be alive again, Banner is alive and for the how and why, well, read Totally Awesome Hulk #1!

and yes, it was explained how Jane got Mjolnir in the last volume of Thor before SW came along.
    Thank you for the quick response, I have a few more questions.

1) The last volume of Thor, do you mean Thor Vol 4 issue 8?

2) How do you Magneto will be alive again? I haven't seen any news that indicates Marvel will bring him back.

3) I'm very glad to know that Steve is still alive but what about Tony? If Steve is alive, I'm assuming he survived the events in Avengers 44 and that Tony survived as well. If this version of Tony comes back, has the effects of what was done to him in AXIS been reversed? Or, is he still egotistical as he was in the Superior Iron Man series?

Quote Originally Posted by JedB110 View Post
    Thank you for the quick response, I have a few more questions.

1) The last volume of Thor, do you mean Thor Vol 4 issue 8?

2) How do you Magneto will be alive again? I haven't seen any news that indicates Marvel will bring him back.

3) I'm very glad to know that Steve is still alive but what about Tony? If Steve is alive, I'm assuming he survived the events in Avengers 44 and that Tony survived as well. If this version of Tony comes back, has the effects of what was done to him in AXIS been reversed? Or, is he still egotistical as he was in the Superior Iron Man series?
    Simply, once Secret Wars is over, the planet Earth will be reconstructed to the way it was before being destroyed in the last incursion, also resurrecting anyone who died during that.

And Magneto is the new team leader of the Uncanny X-men.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Simply, once Secret Wars is over, the planet Earth will be reconstructed to the way it was before being destroyed in the last incursion, also resurrecting anyone who died during that.

And Magneto is the new team leader of the Uncanny X-men.
    Thank You! That actually makes a lot of sense but what about Thor? Didn't he die in New Avengers 32? Is he coming back as well or is Marvel sticking with Jane Foster?

Thank You! That actually makes a lot of sense but what about Thor? Didn't he die in New Avengers 32? Is he coming back as well or is Marvel sticking with Jane Foster?
    Odinson's coming back hes in "The Mighty Thor" book after secret wars with Jane Foster

BANNED

I find it quite difficult to keep up with the current Marvel titles and I'm very confused about the current statuses of the characters. I would like some clarification with these characters because it's really confusing to me.

1) Are Steve Rogers and Tony Stark of 616 actually dead? I thought they were killed in Avengers 44 but I've seen posts saying that they survive so I don't know what's going on.

2) I know Jane Foster became the new Thor but is there any official explanation as to how she became Thor or how she got Mjolnir in the first place?

3) Why is Amadeus Cho becoming the new Hulk? Is Bruce Banner of 616 dead? I lost track of Hulk comics.

4) I just found out Magneto died at the end of his latest series. Is Marvel replacing him with an alternate version of himself?

Furthermore, I would like to apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. Any answers will be highly appreciated.

Thank You!
    1) YES! I adore Assholes 44 because of that!
    Counterparts of 616 Tony Stark and 616 Arno Stark from the domain Technopolis make for, to me, fine replacements post SW.
    So does General Rogers from the domain The Warzone.

2) Earth-788 ; In 1978, 788 Jane Foster found 788 Mjolnir and became 788 Thordis!
    Earth-616 ; In 2014, 616 Jane Foster found 616 Mjolnir and became 616 Thordis!

3) 616 Bruce Banner is moving around in the domains Manhattan ; Earth-616 and Manhattan ; Earth-1610

4) R.i.p. 616 Max Eisenhardt aka Magneto 1963-2015
    Marvel comics would be wise to replace 616 Magneto with a counterpart like maybe the one from the domain The Monarchy of M

I am excited post SW for the counterparts of 616 Wolverine Old Man Logan and 616 Reed Richards 1610 Reed Richards the Maker

All-New Member

I still don't understand the premise of Secret Wars and Battleworld.

The way I understand it is that Earth 616 and 1610 collides with each other then fractures into multiple dimensions known as Battleworld.

After Battleworld, Earth 616 will reconstitute itself back to the way it was before the collision with 1610 and thus, the launch of All New All Different Marvel.

Is this correct?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The way I understand it is that Earth 616 and 1610 collides with each other then fractures into multiple dimensions known as Battleworld.
    I don't think they are multiple dimensions. They are different areas/kingdoms of Battleworld composed of bits and pieces that were saved from other Earths where there was an incursion.

After Battleworld, Earth 616 will reconstitute itself back to the way it was before the collision with 1610 and thus, the launch of All New All Different Marvel.

Is this correct?
    Pretty much. We just don't know the "how" yet. Or if there will be a multiverse again or just one Marvel Universe.

BANNED

Is this correct?
    Dr Doom created Battleworld out of fragments of different realities after he took the Beyonders' powers, made himself God, and is ruling everything.
    You really should be reading Secret Wars. It's been fascinating so far. So have the tie-ins. Marvel has their shit together for this whole event. It might
    sound liked a bunch of random titles have appeared for no reason, but all the ones I've read feel tight and well planned out.

All-New Member

Thank you for all of your responses, I still would like some clarification on the statuses of the characters.

The 616 characters who were killed during Secret Wars and Battleworld, will they be resurrected or replaced? Some say that they will be resurrected while others say they will be replaced by alternate versions. Which is it exactly?

I'm assuming they will be resurrected but I can't be sure. What are your opinions?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Thank you for all of your responses, I still would like some clarification on the statuses of the characters.

The 616 characters who were killed during Secret Wars and Battleworld, will they be resurrected or replaced? Some say that they will be resurrected while others say they will be replaced by alternate versions. Which is it exactly?

I'm assuming they will be resurrected but I can't be sure. What are your opinions?
    Well, they all seem to be resurrected, but a couple of Alternate Universe characters will also be trapped on Earth-616/The MU. These include:
    Old Man Logan
    Miles Morales
    The Maker
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Pretty much. We just don't know the "how" yet. Or if there will be a multiverse again or just one Marvel Universe.
    I think there has to be a multiverse because of the SpiderGwen book.

All-New Member

So far, I've heard two main general assumptions about the end of Secret Wars and Battleworld:

1) The first one is that Earth 616 will be reconstituted back to the way it was before the collision with Earth 1610.

2) The second is that Earths 616 and 1610 will merge into one creating a new Earth.

If the first assumption is correct then does it mean that Earth 1610 will be reconstituted as well or does it remain destroyed?

What are your thoughts? Which of the assumptions you think is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Well, they all seem to be resurrected, but a couple of Alternate Universe characters will also be trapped on Earth-616/The MU. These include:
    Old Man Logan
    Miles Morales
    The Maker
    Also Maestro.

Edit: Or was that just in Conquest of Champs? I forget.