Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Action Comics, #44

The epic "Truth" arc reaches its finale as Superman makes some brutal choices and discovers the source of the Shadow Warriors.

Full article here.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So...Howard Porter is already joining the Super-team. There's been no confirmation yet,but this may mean JrJr leaving with Porter joining has some legs.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

So, basically, Kentville has become a proactive take on the Supermen of America, rushing into danger to help others?
    I'm diggin.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Can't wait to pick this baby up on Wedensday!

and yea lookslike the Kentville peeps are really living up to their namesake.

I respect everything that I saw here

Never really keen on dual artist duties, but understand they're a necessity sometimes, and plus, I'm looking forward to seeing Porter's work here considering he's taking over Superman soon. So no big there. Wonder if Wrath is a being that can take over people, and has taken over the Mayor, or whether the mayor is legitimately the monster and always has been. I'd kinda like it if its the latter, and even keep this character around. Its kinda shades of Colin Thornton/Satanus.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Looks great! Can't wait to read it. Note that already the story starts to answer some important questions.

Wrath looks like she/it could be a great addition to Superman's rogues gallery. She's supernatural in nature which seems to give Supes problems, she has a legion of shadow monsters at her side, and she plays with the emotions of Superman and his loved ones. These are things that usually make for a good villain.
    I wonder if she's from the Shadow Dimension. Something that hasn't really been talked about much in the New 52. Obsidian doesn't exist anymore and The Shade is basically a James Robinson character and he won't be back anytime soon. There's the new Shadow Thief but she isn't used much.

Incredible Member

What's with the office of Elected Mayor of Metropolis that seems to attract devils, demons and monsters
    The mayor being a paid shill of Lex Luthor is probably the best people can hope, at this point. At least he's fully human.

Only in Metropolis...

Good preview. I'm starting to like Lee. Superman needs more human allies at this point. Even before his identity was exposed, I felt he relied too much on Jimmy and Lois. If Lee can be added to that list, then I'm all for it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Good preview. I'm starting to like Lee. Superman needs more human allies at this point. Even before his identity was exposed, I felt he relied too much on Jimmy and Lois. If Lee can be added to that list, then I'm all for it.
    I agree. Any attempt to give Superman a rich supporting cast gets thumbs up from me. He's been sorely missing that since the early 2000's.

I like the concept of Kentville, or at least the characters introduced. When they rebottle the secret ID (it WILL happen, just a question of when and how), I would like to see the spirit of Kentville continue somehow. Maybe they somehow retain the knowledge of his identity when it gets undone, or due to the fact Clark knows he can trust them all, after the timey whimey. magic thing occurs, he gathers them all together and tells them himself.I like the idea of a community support system around Kal that helps him when he needs it,because he's their friend and neighbor. Like say, he goes off to space for a month or two,and they watch his apartment for him or help cover for his absence to prying eyes, things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I agree. Any attempt to give Superman a rich supporting cast gets thumbs up from me. He's been sorely missing that since the early 2000's.

I like the concept of Kentville, or at least the characters introduced. When they rebottle the secret ID (it WILL happen, just a question of when and how), I would like to see the spirit of Kentville continue somehow. Maybe they somehow retain the knowledge of his identity when it gets undone, or due to the fact Clark knows he can trust them all, after the timey whimey. magic thing occurs, he gathers them all together and tells them himself.I like the idea of a community support system around Kal that helps him when he needs it,because he's their friend and neighbor. Like say, he goes off to space for a month or two,and they watch his apartment for him or help cover for his absence to prying eyes, things like that.
    Or, even if they forget he's Superman, they still retain the feelings or recollection of what they went through with Superman and all he did for them and how he helped them empower themsleves ?

Always Rakzo

This wasn't as good as previous issues sadly. I felt like the story was finished way too quickly and in a kinda anticlimactic way.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I agree that it felt like the end was reached too quickly. Then, again, it's an ending that isn't really an ending either (more a "end of part 1" kind of deal), so there's that.
    That aside, I thought it worked perfectly fine. While the villain wasn't the most intriguing character in the world, I thought her effects on others was interesting. Kentville keeps being great, with Lee and Dante are the implied co leaders, and I thought the ending with Clark pointing out that not every one has to like him as long as they take care of each other was a nice touch.
    Finally, a last spoilery notion: in the Shadow Council in the end, there's 4 bad guys: Wrath and 3 others in the Shadow. The last one is clearly HORDR-ROOT, considering his, sort of, speech pattern, and BM/SM reveals the first one to be Vandal Savage. Any guess on the last one? .
    Ho, one last thing: while Kuder was great as always, I hope that Potter's performance here isn't going to any indication of what his rumoured incomming work on Superman is going to be. .
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

After reading Batman/Superman. Everything makes sense here. This was basically a part 1 to the story.
    I am really interested in what is going to come next