Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Isn't she a little too young for 616 Peter?
    Old enough to be found passed out in front of a bar without her band mates thinking too much about it. So she's probably at least 21. (Plus during her hallucination she wasn't worrying about the bartender carding her.)

It's funny that people are so ageist when it comes to romantic relationships though. As long as both parties are above the age of consent I don't see what's so wrong about it.

If Spider-Gwen have 20 years old and Peter is already in the 30's, yes, they could date... my parents had that same ages when I was born.

It's kind of creepy. It's not about the age. Their 616 and Spider-Gwen universe counterparts are nothing alike. It's basically going to continue the relationship because they look like their dead first loves.

Either way I think Peter and Cindy and still kind of a thing. They haven't had a proper talk about that relationship and Peter did seem invested in that relationship to a degree.

Though I still think Peter with any sort of spider-woman type is incestuous cause the same spider's bite/dna is in their system and since gwen was bitten by the alt universe spider it I still hold it in the same regard. It's thing with me that I can't shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Old enough to be found passed out in front of a bar without her band mates thinking too much about it. So she's probably at least 21. (Plus during her hallucination she wasn't worrying about the bartender carding her.)

It's funny that people are so ageist when it comes to romantic relationships though. As long as both parties are above the age of consent I don't see what's so wrong about it.
    I thought she was 20-22 as well, partially because her dad was bothering her to "finally" pick a major and partially because of that bar scene. That's not something you bother a Freshman about. In any case, she referred to herself as a teenage in one of the more recent issues of Spiderverse (there are worse ways for a teen girl to spend a night, or something like that) so I'm thinking 19 makes the most sense. If she's 19 and Pete is 27, then 8 years is actually not a huge difference. If she were suddenly 25 and he was 33, people would hardly notice.

I had the impression that Spider-Gwen wasn't really interested in Peter romantically, but just feels guilty about his death. That is not a good foundation for a relationship. I could see it sort of going like the way he and Gwen interacted in Spider-Men, with Peter being like a big brother to her.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Where was this outrage when Angel dated Husk in Uncanny X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    Where was this outrage when Angel dated Husk in Uncanny X-Men?
    Lost in the sea of all the other complaints about Austen's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lost in the sea of all the other complaints about Austen's run?
    Angel and Husk had sex in the air above Husk's mom.

Yes, people complained about that scene.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19786...k-history.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Angel and Husk had sex in the air above Husk's mom.

Yes, people complained about that scene.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19786...k-history.html
    I know what happened, I just thought that, considering there's a lot of problems directed at Austen's run, that it's probably not the one that comes up that often .

Astonishing Member

I think that it would be very dumb for Spider-Gwen and 616 Peter Parker to be in a relationship. Despite OMD, it seems that Marvel is so obsessed with Peter/MJ/and Gwen. But it's ironic that the writers are always reinforcing it to the readers over and over again. I think that Marvel has a problem with not allowing Peter to explore a relationship with characters who could have been flushed out a very long time ago such as Liz Allan, Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters, Natasha Romanov, and Greer Grant respectively.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Unless it was written exceptionally well, it would seem like a pointless retread and would probably get very stale very quickly.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Attachment 26665

Spider-Gwen is quickly emerging as one of Marvels top selling females , The next step could be her and Peter Parker joining together , to make the ultimate Spider Pair. There has been many , failed relationships in the Spider-Man lore. One of the more noticeable ones is Peter and MJ. But that relationship has had a good run. . It seems like the next romance we could probably see is none other then a renewed relationship with Spider- Gwen and Peter Parker.
    No thank you. Spidey dating an alternate universe version of his dead girlfriend would be too weird, not to mention too contrived. I would hate to have to explain it to a newcomer.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd rather not. If only because romancing an Alternate Universe version of my dead girlfriend comes off as sketchy.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 09-09-2015 at 06:49 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Not possible, she'll forever be a poster of Peter's greatest failures and he'll get depressed.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

In an AU where both are active as Spider themed heroes sure, otherwise I say no.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."