Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    1. the thing is you don't need to rush her and Peter's relationship. You could even have her and Peter not being that close during the first movie because of Peter's anti-social personality, initially. Don't forget, her and Harry show up at around the same time and initially Peter doesn't approach them because of it. His initial friend that he is close to is Betty and she eventually leaves the school to be hired by the Daily Bugle, essentially what also starts with Peter's progress from that front, so that leads into that as well.
    That's not what happened. Betty was already working for the Bugle when Peter first met her.

As for Gwen, he originally didn't meet her until College. She and Harry were both introduced by introducing themselves to Flash Thompson. Peter just ignored them because Aunt May was seemingly on the verge of dying for the 10th time.

2. She'd leave one for the other, like in the comics.
    Betty was already at the Bugle when Peter met her.

3. The Osborns are always going to be in Spider-Man movies, you'd be hard pressed not to find them in some way shape or form, even if they aren't the villain. I also don't really count Peter "fighting" Harry as the Golin in the 3rd movie.. Sandman and Villain were the villains of that movie. Harry was just the guy Mary Jane was gonna run off to, do the twist with, make out with, and tell Peter she's in love with someone else cause Harry says he'll kill Peter if she doesn't... yet somehow forgetting that Peter is Spider-Man and she could end that entire conflict in 2 seconds by telling Peter Harry has his memory back lol.
    Spider-Man 3 was a mess. You won't hear an argument from me. Still doesn't mean I want to see the Osborns again anytime soon. But maybe they'll be introduced as haphazardly as they were in the ASM film series.

4. I think you could bring in Kraven in a new kind of way and still connect things. let's be honest how honest do they really stick to the introduction of these characters? Kraven could be given an origin 'loosely' based on the comics and people wouldn't really complain. Kraven essentially is one of the main villains people do want to see Peter go against. Although Ultimate does create a simple blueprint, I'm not sure that'd be the proper way to treat "Kraven" with that.
    If people want Kraven, I think they want Kraven's Last Hunt. At least that's what some people at Sony seemed to think.

5. Mysterio would be nice, but he doesn't scream first movie villain. He more so screams 2nd movie villain, and of course, Goblin would be the 3rd movie's villain. Goblin done PROPERLY X_X
    We're not getting an origin story. Bring on Mysterio, I say.

6. There was foreshadowing in the comics too, but no I loved her speech.
    No, there was no foreshadowing in the original comic that Gwen was going to die. The most foreshadowing we got was the cover of #121 (which opened on Harry after a drug overdose, and Gwen and MJ showing concern for him while Peter was outside a window.)

"So don't waste it living someone else's life, make yours count for something. Fight for what matters to you, no matter what. Because even if you fall short, what better way is there to live?"

is what sticks with me the most honestly. Though I wouldn't have killed off Gwen Stacy in movie 2, I'd have done in in movie 3. But alas there won't be one.
    The only reason they used Gwen Stacy at all is because they were gonna kill her.

7. Except she never truly overcomes that. Let's be frank here. WHAT does she ever learn about Peter during the entire 3 movies? He saves her from slipping and falling. She sees him beat up Flash. She starts dating Harry. She treats Harry like crap, avoids his kisses, and any affection.. seriously WHY WOULD SHE DATE HIM if she's gonna treat him like that? It's not like she's been impacted by Spider-Man yet or shown ANY attraction to Peter.

Then she's rescued by Spider-Man, develops a crush cause she's developed 'damsel-itis' and makes out with him after being rescued, but Harry can't get a kiss. Then she gets mad at Harry for what Norman says. Peter says some sweet stuff to her in a hospital and for some reason that makes her fall so in love with Peter that when she's about to die (in the Gwen Stacy rip off) that she can only think of Peter and she 'loves him so much'. WHY!? WHAT does she know about him!? She knows even less about Peter that people claim Gwen does.
    You act like they never interacted before. They clearly knew each other, just not real well.

At the very least Gwen knows Peter from school. She gets to know him. She stood up to Flash. Uncle Ben spills the beans that Peter has a crush on her. She invites him over to her parents house for dinner. She agrees with what Spider-Man does but isn't infatuated, but she starts to really like Peter. They connect and their relationship starts.
    Peter knew her so well that the first time they interact, Peter doesn't know if she knows his name. A few minutes later, he's telling her he's Spider-Man, the dangerous vigilante that her father just said he was hunting for.

But really, there was no conflict in that relationship in the first movie. At all. They replaced all sense of drama in that relationship with sloppy foreshadowing that Gwen was gonna die. (ASM 2 was a LITTLE bit better about trying to insert some conflict into the relationship. But they were sloppy as hell about it.)

That's MORE than "I was dating his best friend whom I showed no emotion towards. I crushed on his superhero counterpart and made out with him while dating Harry. He said sweet stuff in a hospital so now I love him so much I'll think of him upon near death. I'll try to get with him at my EX BOYFRIEND'S FATHER'S FUNERAL!!"

See the problems here?
    Slut shaming?

Then in the 2nd movie, she keeps teasing Peter about the prospect of getting together, and Peter keeps saying 'we can't be together' but he's learning poetry to try to speak to her.. MAKE UP YOUR MIND. She gets ENGAGED.... and yet is still meeting up with Peter trying to get him to kiss her and trying to start this relationship. Seriously WHAT THE HECK!?!? THIS is Mary Jane!?!? This is more like the shallow and selfish Mary Jane that Peter wanted nothing to do with in the comics at a relationship level. But in THIS movie she's his "Dream Girl" the "Girl next Door" and that's all she is. because if we look at how she treats the people she dates.. there'd be absolutely NO REASON for Peter to want to be with her aside from that.. NONE.

Then she finds out Peter is Spider-Man, says she knew the whole time, which means she was intentionally manipulating him earlier with her relationships and engagement. Then she leaves the guy at the altar. Runs to Peter and they get together...

Seriously???? Um....
    It's almost like Spider-Man 2 is a movie based on a comic book and was trying to be as melodramatic as possible. (Really, in those films, she did not literally know the whole time. What she was saying was that she may have suspected as such after the kiss at the end but she didn't want to acknowledge it until she was staring at Spidey without his mask on. This more subtle acknowledgement of human interactions makes for better writing than the mess that was ASM.)

Then the 3rd movie.... we just won't get into the 3rd movie.. as we already know everything that's wrong with that. So I'll leave that there.
    Spider-Man 3 was a mess.

8. Ah that's too bad =( Well for the record i'd go with Sasha Pieterse for the new Gwen
    I guess. She is 19.

For Betty it'd be Zooey Deschanel (I can't imagine anyone else in the role)
    She's 35. Never gonna happen.

And for Felicia(later on) Claire Holt
    She's 27. Could work if Ultimate Black Cat.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 11-09-2015 at 11:10 AM.