Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Apparently Amazing Spider-Man #31 came out fifty years ago.

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...96710714634240
    A very happy 50th anniversary!

Take a bow Sturdy Steve Ditko! You rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Sure. Although the CBR readers list bears it out.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...s-master-list/
    And not just that list. This story is pretty much universally praised; in fact, I cannot recall ever reading anything negative about it----apart from perhaps the dislike for mid-1960's storytelling which of course would hamper one's enjoyment of any story of that era. Bottom line is that this story, along with the aforementioned FF Galactus saga, and the soon-to-follow ASM #39-40 are 3 stories of the era that are darn close to being unanimously praised....and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I cannot recall ever reading anything negative about it----apart from perhaps the dislike for mid-1960's storytelling which of course would hamper one's enjoyment of any story of that era.
    You were reading the thread, so you probably read this:

The prose is often very poor, the plots overstuffed, the character development minimal, the characterizations never terribly complex or more than two dimensions, the sequential storytelling or modelling rarely formally impressive or inventive(often time the captions or dialog has to explain what's happening/about to happen). The plotting often felt like it was really in place; outside a stretch of Romita issues here or Ditko issues there, I'm not convinced it was a satisfying soap opera narrative issue-in, issue-out. Aunt May in particular is a hilarious terrible character, outside 1 or 2 particular moments, the first 100 issues she seems more like a doddering albatross around Peter's neck that seems to get knocked off by a breeze than a flesh-and-blood human.
    Take it as a little memory freshener. BTW, I didn't write those lines, although I subscribe them 100%.

BANNED

Wow, 50 years, and look at Spider-Man recent comics. Sins Past, OMD, Dying Wish, "S"SM.

Seriously, what happened?
    Last edited by PeterAvenger; 09-13-2015 at 04:13 AM.