Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    At the end of the first movie when he turned back time for the entire planet because his not even girlfriend yet was dead
    I know about it.
    What I said is that when did Reeve Superman imposes his will on the entire world by using his extreme individual competence to step in ?
    It has nothiing to do with what I am saying.
    And It is only miracle. Superman didn't do that intentionally.

It's ramblings on the internet. There is not always logic there to understand.
    I see.

It could be argued that every character ever written by Frank Miller is fascist to some degree. He was less fascist than Batman anyway.
    Up to a point all superheroes believe that they are right and that the rest of the world is wrong, and that it is their job to fix that. Might makes right is in the DNA of every superhero.
    I agree that every character written by Miller is fascist to some degree and His Batman is far more fascistic than his Superman. So Why don't people bash Batman as fascist? He is far more fascistic.
    As for latter, No. Superhero(Especially Superman) is right because they help opressed and innocent people at any cost and defeat unjust. Not because They are powerful. If Power makes right, Lex Luthor or Darkseid is greatest hero.
    Indeed, Superhero use violence for their purpose though.

That doesn't matter. Superman is a story, an infinitely mutable and changeable story.
    But, It is fact There are many story that disrespect Superman's idea and Superman is hugely out of character.
    If people use such stories as evidence that Superman is villainous fascist, They must be Hater or troll, aren't they?

They're main universe proper canon Supermen.
    Starting with the '38 Siegel & Shuster Superman who was a violent thug.
    Indeed, Superman began as violent vigilante. But He didn't oppress inocent people, he did his best to help opressed at any cost. It is far from fascism.
    And Public image We know is that of Silver Age Superman or Post Crisis Superman who are main universe proper canon.When are these Superman so fascistic?
    In fact, Do you think that Superman is immoral fascist?

BTW, I think people bashing Superman as fascist doesn't see Superman. What They see is what They want to see. People only want to see the being with absolute power and angelic nature like Superman corrupt and become evil. They don't care about what Superman truly is. They only want to see absolute good becomes evil. So They bash Superman using rare case.
    Isn't it only cynicism or Nihilism that no one can be good? Superman is fairy tale for children that Man can be far better and greater than he is now. So Superman is persnification of such a dream for children. If people bash it as "unreal" or "impossible" or "hypocritical". They are only chidish and too nihilistic to a extent they bash even only fairytale = dream for children.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by catman; 09-09-2015 at 04:28 AM.