BANNED

Default Does Peter like being a hero as a whole?

I praise slott for one thing he has instilled into the character for over 60 years of stories about Peter's real passion in life, and thats saving people and helping his community by scientifically providing safety and working to counter crime and villainy behind the scenes.

Also Peter had expressed interest in helping out heroes more than once over his own personal priorities and working to save the world outside his own jurisdiction both as a street leveler and a american. So does Peter really want most in his life to be a hero or is this just a selfish desire to him in order to make up for his past prefering a stable more normal job?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    So does Peter really want most in his life to be a hero or is this just a selfish desire to him in order to make up for his past prefering a stable more normal job?
    It's not about wanting to be a hero. And it's not about selfishness (risking your life to help others for no reward is the opposite of selfish).

It's a sense of duty. Peter knows he can make a difference, so he does.

depends on who’s writing him. i’ve seen it depicted as a responsibility or a burden or a freedom (from being peter, which is the burden in those cases). take your pick orrrrr…have a fight to see which one is the one true way.

BANNED

60 years? The comicbook character Peter Parker has been around for 53 years by now.
    To me, Peter likes being a hero as a whole.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    depends on who’s writing him. i’ve seen it depicted as a responsibility or a burden or a freedom (from being peter, which is the burden in those cases).
    A while back, on Twitter, Mark Waid said that in a good Spider-Man story either Spider-Man wins and Peter Parker loses, or Peter Parker wins and Spider-Man loses. They don't both get to win.

I think that approach is consistent with Spider-Man being both a release (when Peter's life is crappy) or a burden (when Peter's personal life is going great).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A while back, on Twitter, Mark Waid said that in a good Spider-Man story either Spider-Man wins and Peter Parker loses, or Peter Parker wins and Spider-Man loses. They don't both get to win.

I think that approach is consistent with Spider-Man being both a release (when Peter's life is crappy) or a burden (when Peter's personal life is going great).

thanks for sharing that, makes the point far better than i did.