Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Superman Smashes the Klan is definitely a must read Superman book. Quite honestly, the story of the family, leaving Chinatown and settling in the Midwest, that would have been enough to be a classic graphic novel. Throw the Superman story on top, draw all kinds of crazy parallels between Superman and a 12 year old Asian girl? That's a book for the ages! It also works as an unbelievably new take on Superman in the Atomic Age. I liked Superman for All Seasons back in the day, this book hits those spots for me but much more powerfully. A great Superman story! (And family one too!)

I just read Vendettis Freedom Fighter book, Great sequel to the Overman story from Multiversity. Definitely would read more from this team on this book!

I'm looking for a Superman comic book with the following panels in it : https://imgur.com/a/NWuCd

Anybody by any chance know which comic this comes from?

Superman vol. 2 #188

Took some searching but the black S was a dead giveaway it was post-Imperiex War, so shortened the search!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thankyou!, ive been looking for this to help with some research i'm doing on Superman for a fanfic and fanfilm, thanks again dude!

Has Action Comics been a good reading companion to Superman? Trying to streamline what I'm collecting monthly. I know Bendis has been writing both for some time now. Would I be able to get away with just Superman? Or better to read both?

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Has Action Comics been a good reading companion to Superman? Trying to streamline what I'm collecting monthly. I know Bendis has been writing both for some time now. Would I be able to get away with just Superman? Or better to read both?
    Superman can be fully enjoyed without reading AC. And it's the most even read, with constency in writing and art.

Which version of Superman are interested in? When I was watching CW's version of DC's Crisis, I kept thinking about the story that they could have included which is about Superman Blue and Superman Red. Do you remember Superman Red and Superman Blue?

Spectacular Member

Superman should build a family with some children's with his wife

In terms of story quality, which version of Superman is the best? The Superman stories I am interested in getting your opinion on is Superman, Blue Superman, Red Superman, Soviet Superman, Superboy Prime, Superman One Million, Quantum Superman, Cosmic Armored Superman, SupermanX or some other version(s) of Superman I have not mentioned.

Blue and Red was an interesting experiment in giving Superman a whole new power set and having to learn how to use his new energy powers but live as an energy being. The split when he became Blue and Red was when it fell apart and started reminding me a bit of Marvel's infamous Spider-Man: The Clone Saga. Red Son was an Elseworlds story and I've never read it namely because I was sick of Elseworlds stories by the time it came out and it didn't and doesn't seem like a story I would like. Superboy Prime should be redeemed. Superman One Million was weird but then again the whole DC One Million event was masterminded by Grant Morrison who does weird stories just for the hell of it. The others I have never heard of.

I just read “Going the Gauntlet “ by Marv Wolfman and Jerry Ordway. It’s my favorite new (new to me, it’s in the Byrne hardcover) Superman story of the year, next to Smashes the Klan. It may as well be a great Astro City or EC Comic. I think I completely missed Ordway!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just read “Going the Gauntlet “ by Marv Wolfman and Jerry Ordway. It’s my favorite new (new to me, it’s in the Byrne hardcover) Superman story of the year, next to Smashes the Klan. It may as well be a great Astro City or EC Comic. I think I completely missed Ordway!
    So many 80s and 90s Superman stories have sadly never been collected, so not many people have read them or know they exist.

To start i do recommend Superman and the Men Of Steel

The Grant Morrison Superman Omnibus is the book I am looking forward to the most this year. I still think his Superman is my favorite post crisis Superman but I include his JLA and All Star as well. I think my next favorite is now John Byrne's Superman. I just finished the first hardcover. Its my first time re-reading this stuff since it came out. I still have some quibbles with the need for new rules about his powers, identity, and the Legion, but it's a great book. I am surprised how much the Adventures of Superman book reads like Golden Age Superman comics. That has pros and cons for me. When they are great, they are Astro City or Gotham Central good. I look forward to the next Byrne Omnibus. The stuff he draws and writes are the tightest stories and the most great looking art. (There is supposed to be a Generations omnibus coming out too!)