Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent Announced

Superman: Son of Kal-El is ending with issue 18 and this is replacing it. Jon will be fighting Earth 3 Ultraman and I guess Val-Zod is showing up here too. Taylor is the writer, no shock he’s going to try and bring in his own Superman successor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jon being the electric Superman is such a dope ideia. I always liked that design.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Hope Earth 2 is a mix of all Earth 2's this time around.

Earth 3 was recently rebooted.

Yes I will still be supporting Tom Taylor as he writes Jon Kent, though I hope with Ultraman he just ignores War for Earth-3. Normally I wouldn’t say that but…well the stories just bad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Looks like it’s just a six issue mini:
    Lastly, it was announced that Superman: Son of Kal-El will end with issue #18, but fans of Jon Kent do not need to worry! Writer Tom Taylor and artist Clayton Henry will be telling new Jon Kent stories in Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent. Jon will finally get his chance to take on the man who is responsible for kidnapping and torturing him, Ultraman. The Superman of Earth-2, Val-Zod, will also play a major part in the 6-issue miniseries arriving in comic shops in March.
    Clayton Henry is on art. Personally my hope is that after this Taylor will be done with Jon and the mainline Superman books in general.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeeeeah once he's got all this out of his system I'm gonna need him to end Nightwing too and stick to his Elseworlds and team books (I'd actually love to see him write for the Titans).

I miss enjoying Taylor's work. He's been fumbling like hell with both of his ongoings.

Mighty Member

I like Val-Zod so I am glad he will be showing up again. I'll never fault creators for using the characters they create.

Jon being the electric Superman is such a good direction for the character and will allow him to stand on him own in the long run.

I've been mostly enjoying SSOKE so I'll support this book.

Astonishing Member

I guess Taylor is getting either Titans or Justice League.
    To be honest, the only thing I'm interested in this series is where Jon will go after it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeeeeah once he's got all this out of his system I'm gonna need him to end Nightwing too and stick to his Elseworlds and team books (I'd actually love to see him write for the Titans).

I miss enjoying Taylor's work. He's been fumbling like hell with both of his ongoings.
    He ain't leaving Nightwing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Avoiding the snark of pointing out that giving him the electric powers is scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas... (oops!) , since this is just a mini, at the very least they realize what was going on before wasn't working and are clearly setting up something different. Whatever they do going forward after this though since they're too stubborn to deage him, it shouldn't include Taylor writing. The thing needs a new voice as a first step.

Unless they're playing the long game and maybe do intend to make him a boy again when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-08-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He ain't leaving Nightwing.
    Figured he's not. Which is unfortunate. I used to love his Nightwing run but it lost A LOT of steam during the Fear State event and I don't think it's ever quite regained it. It's not as bad as SoKE but I think both books highlight some of Taylor's biggest weaknesses as a writer. Hell, even when I thought Nightwing was good, I still felt those weaknesses coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Avoiding the snark of pointing out that giving him the electric powers is scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas... (oops!) , since this is just a mini, at the very least they realize what was going on before wasn't working and are clearly setting up something different. Whatever they do going forward after this though since they're too stubborn to deage him, it shouldn't include Taylor writing. The thing needs a new voice as a first step.

Unless they're playing the long game and maybe do intend to make him a boy again when all is said and done.
    No way, Osul and Othul getting adopted by Lois and Clark is basically slamming the door shut on Jon getting deaged. Now they’ve got two new kids to raise. I do think this being just a mini is a sign of Taylor being on his way out, he’s transitioning Jon into a new status quo and then leaving. Hopefully to go write Titans or some other book I can just ignore.

Ahhh, I forgot about those kids. I don't know much about them, are they twins? Just asking because I get revamped Wonder Twins vibes from them

I do think you're right though that since this is just a mini, Taylor's on the way out, which I also consider a good thing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

They should instead keep further aging up Jon to differentiate him from Clark and Conner. Old man Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ahhh, I forgot about those kids. I don't know much about them, are they twins? Just asking because I get revamped Wonder Twins vibes from them

I do think you're right though that since this is just a mini, Taylor's on the way out, which I also consider a good thing.
    Apparently so, dude go read PKJ’s Action run lol, I know you refused to read it because of changes Rebirth/Bendis made but
    1. It’s really good and the twins are from there
    2. The changes don’t matter because Clark is out in space on Warworld for the majority of it, so him having a secret identity or being married or being a dad aren’t things that would affect the story anyway