Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I never liked the character to begin with and then Siryn has always been one of my favorites and he's treated her terribly at least twice with no consequences at all for him, both storylines were never about her but she was used to make him look good, anything further we should take to private messages as this thread isn't the place for that discussion.

An animated show could work a lot easier than live action, but even then aside from the dupes just being dupes they wouldn't get much if any characterization as otherwise they'd take away from other more important characters.
    Flash vs multiplex on a TV budget
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7tBri5RC2tI
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2Oxna0paI

Ultimate Member

Yes but that was one episode not pretty much every single one...

Incredible Member

Jamie has long since become my favorite mutant. While I'm not opposed to having Jamie Prime stay on the farm a while longer I would like to see at least one of his dupes pop up as a main/secondary/supporting character on another team.

Spartak87

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Jamie has long since become my favorite mutant. While I'm not opposed to having Jamie Prime stay on the farm a while longer I would like to see at least one of his dupes pop up as a main/secondary/supporting character on another team.
    I would like to see that as well. Or maybe do a series where he does what he did before and send out some dupes to travel the world and have a series that shows the journeys of each of the different dupes like when they had a dupe who was S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, or one that was like a monk I think it was, etc. along with maybe some scenes with Jamie and Layla on the farm dealing with everyday issues.

Ultimate Member

Though last I checked Jamie doesn't have any incredible skills like being good at computer hacking and isn't like a trained sniper...so not sure that he'd work as a field agent for SHIELD, at least no better than most field agents. I think that the big question for Jamie will be if/how long does he stay with Layla, does the marriage last...given that he has no other romantic interests outside of PAD forcing every female member of the team outside of Rhane to hook up with him/dupe.

Though last I checked Jamie doesn't have any incredible skills like being good at computer hacking and isn't like a trained sniper...so not sure that he'd work as a field agent for SHIELD, at least no better than most field agents. I think that the big question for Jamie will be if/how long does he stay with Layla, does the marriage last...given that he has no other romantic interests outside of PAD forcing every female member of the team outside of Rhane to hook up with him/dupe.
    That doesn`t mean that Madrox doesn`t have sniper or hacker dupes.

Spartak87

I was not talking about Jamie Prime I was talking about a dupe that was a S.H.I.L.D. agent. I don't know if Jamie Prime absorbed him or not but if he didn't that could be one of the dupes that the series follows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    I was not talking about Jamie Prime I was talking about a dupe that was a S.H.I.L.D. agent. I don't know if Jamie Prime absorbed him or not but if he didn't that could be one of the dupes that the series follows.
    Jamie did absorb the SHIELD dupe so he has all that knowledge readily available to him. Seeing a militant/sniper and/or hacker dupe would be pretty cool, especially if they made said Hacker dupe like Aiden Pierce or T-Bone in Watch_Dog's. Personally I would love to see a dupe that was just sent out solely to learn how to fight, an MMA dupe would be awesome. They could always pair him off with Hacker Dupe or Sniper Duke and try to pass themselves off as twins.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    That doesn`t mean that Madrox doesn`t have sniper or hacker dupes.
    Though Jamie doesn't have those abilities by himself and it'd take months to years to learn how to be either a hacker or sniper and last I checked Jamie can't control which dupe pops out and it'd be a bit convenient that he could be anybody that you needed him to be, though he'd have to learn it first...and it would get old fast, if anything on a tv show of Jamie his dupes would probably be the more odd sides of him that he'd have to deal with the problems that they create.

Though Jamie doesn't have those abilities by himself and it'd take months to years to learn how to be either a hacker or sniper and last I checked Jamie can't control which dupe pops out and it'd be a bit convenient that he could be anybody that you needed him to be, though he'd have to learn it first...and it would get old fast, if anything on a tv show of Jamie his dupes would probably be the more odd sides of him that he'd have to deal with the problems that they create.
    He would not have to recreate that specific duplicate, once he reabsorbs a dupe he experiences everything that duplicate learned or experienced. So if a duplicate spent a year at a gun range becoming very adaptable at firing and handling weaponry, Jaime Prime would absorb that knowledge. He himself then would have it readily available then and in theory every duplicate he created from that point as well would have that experience too be it a duplicate who is his personification of Jaime's sense of fear or the personification of Jaime's homosexual urges. It would just be a homosexual Jaime that really adapt at handling a piece.

I really enjoy this tweak that PAD added to Jaime to learn new skills and explain away some convenient twists were Jaime is all of a sudden able to overcome some obstacles, but I would not want it to get too carried away where Jaime becomes a super commando badass... the relatable loveable thing about Jaime is that he is an underdog as opposed to an alpha male

Ultimate Member

But there's no way that Jamie could keep all of that knowledge, in the past though dupes seemed to have their own personalities and failings, that they were seemingly part of Jamie but not the whole, and yeah it would get old and too carried away if he knew everything, he wouldn't be the underdog anymore.

All-New Member

But there's no way that Jamie could keep all of that knowledge, in the past though dupes seemed to have their own personalities and failings, that they were seemingly part of Jamie but not the whole, and yeah it would get old and too carried away if he knew everything, he wouldn't be the underdog anymore.
    He can still be an underdog in the way of power if not his skillset.

I like that he can also replicate clothes and weapon. What would happen if Jamie holds on to the Ultimate Nullifier and replicates? That's extreme of course but him playing in Forge's toolbox would be interesting.

Incredible Member

While it's true Jamie acquired a bunch of skills you have to remember that ultimately he only acquired about 5 years worth of experience in said skills, not enough to really dominate in those particular fields but probably enough to get by and have a general idea/understanding of the skills in question. Also the drawback is that when he reabsorbed said dupes he also got about 5 years worth of memories each time to the point that he had trouble differentiating between his memories and theirs so there were consequences to what he did.

Should Jaime be immune to the Terrigen Mist?

I think there is pretty strong evidence from the PAD X-Factor run to indicate that Jaime's powers are more mystical/demonic maybe in nature then natural mutation. Regardless of what you think of the "killcrop" label no DNA code is going to spontaneously create new t-shirts and shoes, (and handcuffs), like we have seen in the past. I think things like the powers of Damian Tryp which also seem more mystical, (and his claiming to be a similar species to Jaime), the fact that the Isolationist never used Jaime's abilities on panel and Jaime being able to study magic under Dr. Strange in one of the alternative universe's he discovered all strongly point to some kind of magical aptitude. I feel that should be enough to make Jaime immune from the medical repercussions that other mutants are feeling after being exposed to the mist.

Spartak87

All I can say is, I hope so. And you make some great points as to why he should be immune.