Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or the writer could easily just forget about the issue where he died and go from there...but yeah Jamie and Layla were married and living together on a farm last I knew...Jamie was used here as a throwaway character like Kyle and Yost did with Tabitha during their X-Force run...
    This is what ticks me off about Marvel right now. They just kill off characters who have a large fan base and don't care how the fans feel about it. They're just going to do their thing and if you don't like it, oh well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Well Jaime is the easiest character in the MU to simply say "Surprise, he's been alive all along", that along with being a relatively well known name is I am sure why he got the role of sacrificial lamb... but it's just a cheap move all together to throw people in as fodder if you are not actually using them as characters in the story.

Spectacular Member

As a huge fan of PAD's original X-Factor Run, the Madrox Mini-series and about the first 30 issues of his 2nd X-Factor Run and most of PAD's work in general, I have to say I'm kinda glad they ignored the Madrox-Layla marriage. That always felt way too weird and creepy to me, in fact I wish I could forget a lot of the 2nd half of that X-Factor run, it really went down the tubes.

Interesting point about the M-Tattoo, though, I hadn't thought of that.

15 Greatest Madrox the Multiple Man Stories:

http://www.cbr.com/15-greatest-madro...e-man-stories/
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Good list but my favourite Jamie is not there.

Really loved X-Factor 16 when Jamie was going to absorb dupe priest but then find out that dupe has family.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Good list but my favourite Jamie is not there.

Really loved X-Factor 16 when Jamie was going to absorb dupe priest but then find out that dupe has family.
    Yeah, that was a great story

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, that was a great story
    Thanks. And what story is your favourite?

I liked also 90s X-Factor #2 I suppose. When Madrox found dead dupe killed with gunshot and he understood how dupes are important to him.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-20-2016 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jan Duursema!!!

X-Factor #100 Madrox dies

interior art by Jan Duursema
    http://www.bornglorious.com/person/?pi=/m/0266_v0

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thanks. And what story is your favourite?
    I have a lot of favorites, but I really like the story where Madrox tracks down his dupe that is a pastor of a church and he has a family. His mini-series is really cool too.

From PAD's website (http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/11/27...-5/#comments):

John Moranski
    November 27, 2016 at 2:37 pm
    What are your thoughts on the death of Madrox?
    If you had the chance, would you write X-Factor again?
    If so, who would be on the team?

Peter David
    November 27, 2016 at 2:50 pm
    I’m sorry, that wasn’t Madrox. I don’t care what they say. He was wearing a costume he hasn’t worn in over a decade and there was no M on his face. So he’s not dead as far as I’m concerned. Would I write it again? Sure. As for who would be on it, that would depend on who’s available.
    PAD

Quote Originally Posted by Lizarkeo View Post
    From PAD's website (http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/11/27...-5/#comments):

John Moranski
    November 27, 2016 at 2:37 pm
    What are your thoughts on the death of Madrox?
    If you had the chance, would you write X-Factor again?
    If so, who would be on the team?

Peter David
    November 27, 2016 at 2:50 pm
    I’m sorry, that wasn’t Madrox. I don’t care what they say. He was wearing a costume he hasn’t worn in over a decade and there was no M on his face. So he’s not dead as far as I’m concerned. Would I write it again? Sure. As for who would be on it, that would depend on who’s available.
    PAD
    I'll take WoPAD over anything cause in his continuity, things make sense. Like continuity.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I think there should be a TV series called "Madrox", and each week Jamie and his duplicates get involved in some thrilling adventures. Has there ever been a TV show about a person who can duplicate themselves? I know there have been shows where people have had clones or whatever, but have there ever been TV shows where a person can keep duplicating themselves and be able to have multiple adventures and lead multiple, different lives at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think there should be a TV series called "Madrox", and each week Jamie and his duplicates get involved in some thrilling adventures. Has there ever been a TV show about a person who can duplicate themselves? I know there have been shows where people have had clones or whatever, but have there ever been TV shows where a person can keep duplicating themselves and be able to have multiple adventures and lead multiple, different lives at the same time?
    That would be cool. I would watch it.

BANNED

I would as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Jamie was used here as a throwaway character like Kyle and Yost did with Tabitha during their X-Force run...
    Madrox seems to have been chosen for the same reason Black Goliath died in Civil War, to get the maximum volume of death out of a single character. By killing Madrox, they get to have dozens of 'dead mutants' while only getting rid of one character (and someone a bit more well-known than other duplicating mutants like Flashback or Timeshadow).