Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batgirl" Co-Writer Hints at Big Changes for Barbara Gordon's 50th Anniversary

At DragonCon, Brendan Fletcher teased that the Bat family will see a major status quo change in early 2016.

Full article here.

Well, that's kind of ominous, and surprisingly we have a major status quo shakeup that Snyder apparently isn't involved in .

hope she doesnt get shot again.

My first thought was Oracle but NO

She becomes Batwoman?

Turns out she is Batman's daughter?

Gets her degree in Library Science?

Outs herself and becomes the first member of the Batfamily with a public identity?

Yeah, that's not really news since Fletcher talked about it way back to Comicosity and was already shared in the Batgirl Appreciation Thread. Guess everything needs a headline nowadays...

Batgirl? Also guest stars and big mike drops. And big life-changing stuff going on for Barbara Gordon and her friends. We’re going to see new heroes, new relationships, and a massive change in the status quo.

Batgirl is leaning into her 50th Anniversary year in 2016 and we plan to celebrate it with a bang.

At least he didn't say it will change the way the Bat Family works FOREVER!!!

Forever is never forever in comics ... it's until the next 'shake-up.'

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Yeah, that's not really news since Fletcher talked about it way back to Comicosity and was already shared in the Batgirl Appreciation Thread. Guess everything needs a headline nowadays...
    So it seems like Babs moves into a whole different situation that has her meeting a lot of new people as Batgirl. Interesting .

She drops iPhone for Samsung?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    She drops iPhone for Samsung?
    Excellent, she can spend less time hanging around at home having to charge her phone now and more time out superheroing.

Rematch with Killer Moth?
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Fantastic Member

She kills someone, or gets sent to jail.

Jim Gordon becomes Robo-Batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Razikale View Post
    hope she doesnt get shot again.
    If they do this or any other way to put her back in the wheelchair, i will be done with DC comics. I don't want to see the new continuity be forced and mutilated into a knock-off of the old continuity.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be doing anything like that, specially not at this point when she's popular as Batgirl. I'm pretty sure it'll be something completely different, specially since, as is mentioned in the interview, it's her 50th anniversary, so what better way to celebrate her 50 years of existence as Batgirl by ending her career as Batgirl? I'm pretty sure they'd lose at least half of the title's subscribers.

No i think it could very well be that it's something in the direction of Team Batgirl similar to what we saw in Futures End. Something like Barbara and Frankie setting Stephanie and Cassandra up as Batgirls assigned to different districts of Gotham, so that the big status quo change is that there won't just be one Batgirl, but 3 Batgirls hopefully working together through a new Oracle (Frankie) to guide them at the "Batgirl headquarters" at Luke Fox's office in Burnside.
    Sort of a "Totally Spies!" of Batgirls. Infact, when you think about it, that is what's best for everyone. No more fighting over who's your favorite or who is the iconic Batgirl. You get a Batgirl, and you get a Batgirl! Everyone gets a Batgirl!
    Plus, with Frankie as "Oracle" that's as close to having fixed nearly every issue people may have had with the new 52 back in 2011. So i really really REALLY hope this is where we're going.
    On twitter, when they revealed the cover for the upcoming Batgirl #46 this November, featuring both Batgirl and Spoiler in a dynamic duo pose, Brenden Fletcher said: "Is this the start of something?"

So yeah, i think it's very possible that Barbara will recruit Stephanie leading up to Cassandra joining the team in early 2016, and they all shake hands and form a team with Frankie... and maybe Luke Fox and Dick Grayson too.

But as any fan of a character probably feels at points like this, there is a shiver going down my spine going "Please don't suck! Please don't screw it all up! Please don't do something stupid!".

As long as the change isn't a creative change, I'm on board. Seriously, the current team has done nothing but make me excited to read about Batgirl again. I couldn't be more pleased with their work on the book.