Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

CLONES! CLONES! CLONES!

The real Barbara Gordon was killed by the Joker's shot and she was cloned! Now the REAL Barbara Gordon returns to claim the mantle! Did I guess it? What do I win?

She becomes the most liked and followed user on Instagram

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Outs herself and becomes the first member of the Batfamily with a public identity?
    I don't know if you were joking, but this is something I'd seriously like to see. Of all the characters in the Bat family, having Barbara Gordon's identity as Batgirl known by everyone in Gotham City could make some interesting story arcs. I'd want to see how Jim Gordon would handle everyone in Gotham knowing his daughter is Batgirl.

Also, this is not really related, but I really want to see Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy make major appearances in at least one Batgirl story arc, with Babs Tarr's character designs. Preferably a trio team up issue since in Harley Quinn's own ongoing, she is more of an anti-heroine than an actual villain. I was actually hoping to see Harley and Ivy show up in Batgirl Annual #3. That annual had some pretty great crossover team-ups though.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

I definitely think/hope this is referring to the League of Batgirls becoming canon. I think there were whispers of that possibly happening a few weeks ago and I would be all for it. We'll have Cass back after Batman & Robin Eternal so the pieces will be there.

Spectacular Member

We'll see in the next weekly series Batgirl Eternal

BANNED

She becomes the new head of Batgirl inc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    If they do this or any other way to put her back in the wheelchair, i will be done with DC comics. I don't want to see the new continuity be forced and mutilated into a knock-off of the old continuity.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be doing anything like that, specially not at this point when she's popular as Batgirl. I'm pretty sure it'll be something completely different, specially since, as is mentioned in the interview, it's her 50th anniversary, so what better way to celebrate her 50 years of existence as Batgirl by ending her career as Batgirl? I'm pretty sure they'd lose at least half of the title's subscribers.

No i think it could very well be that it's something in the direction of Team Batgirl similar to what we saw in Futures End. Something like Barbara and Frankie setting Stephanie and Cassandra up as Batgirls assigned to different districts of Gotham, so that the big status quo change is that there won't just be one Batgirl, but 3 Batgirls hopefully working together through a new Oracle (Frankie) to guide them at the "Batgirl headquarters" at Luke Fox's office in Burnside.
    Sort of a "Totally Spies!" of Batgirls. Infact, when you think about it, that is what's best for everyone. No more fighting over who's your favorite or who is the iconic Batgirl. You get a Batgirl, and you get a Batgirl! Everyone gets a Batgirl!
    Plus, with Frankie as "Oracle" that's as close to having fixed nearly every issue people may have had with the new 52 back in 2011. So i really really REALLY hope this is where we're going.
    On twitter, when they revealed the cover for the upcoming Batgirl #46 this November, featuring both Batgirl and Spoiler in a dynamic duo pose, Brenden Fletcher said: "Is this the start of something?"

So yeah, i think it's very possible that Barbara will recruit Stephanie leading up to Cassandra joining the team in early 2016, and they all shake hands and form a team with Frankie... and maybe Luke Fox and Dick Grayson too.

But as any fan of a character probably feels at points like this, there is a shiver going down my spine going "Please don't suck! Please don't screw it all up! Please don't do something stupid!".
    Yet, wouldn't this idea connect back to the Old continuity in some way or form ?

All-New Member

Hopefully this means Cameron Stewart is off the book.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

I could probably get on board with a Future's End type of team Batgirl. It'd be nice to know Steph and Cass were going to show up regularly somewhere and interact occasionally. Chasing Steph around for a couple of pages of guest appearance here and there is getting old.

All-New Member

Batgirl's identity is revealed but Barbara still tries to deny it and brings in Stephanie as Batgirl so they can be seen together and deny the rumours. The idea sticks and the League of Batgirls is born.

Just treading water until 2016 then.

Ultimate Member

A "young Bats" book with Barbara as kind of a leader could be cool. Barbara, Cass, Steph, Harper, Julia, maybe get Dick and Damian in there as recurring allies. It'd be awesome id done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    I could probably get on board with a Future's End type of team Batgirl. It'd be nice to know Steph and Cass were going to show up regularly somewhere and interact occasionally. Chasing Steph around for a couple of pages of guest appearance here and there is getting old.
    Hey, a Chickfighter sighting!! What's up CF? And I agree totally about Steph. And it really doesn't feel like the same Steph who was in her solo title either.

Now I'm starting to wonder if there was more to having Frankie dress up as Batgirl then just getting her into that outfit .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Chasing Steph around for a couple of pages of guest appearance here and there is getting old.
    I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy Catwoman #44 for some reason...