Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cyberforce & Wildcats.

I wish we could get CYBERFORCE and WILDCATS back - in their original looks - doing some simple good guy vs bad guy stories. I think both of these teams had some iconic looking characters that could really stand out - rather than attempts at rebooting and remaking them. (Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing Cyberforce fairly recently - but it just didn't feel like Cyberforce to me - the names were (mostly) the same - but everything else felt off).

And it was nice seeing Grifter in the New 52 - and not so nice seeing a HORRIBLY redesigned Warblade - Wildcats is another I thought had an iconic look, and would love to see as they used to be!

Both could use some touches to modernize it and less 90'sfy them possibly... but I wouldn't complain having them both back as they were.

Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I dunno. Outside of the amazing Alan Moore run, I really did not care for that whole first volume of Wildcats. The 3.0 stuff was fantastic and I'm slowly making my way through the World's End stuff even though Comixology doesn't have the last few issues of that volume.

As for Cyberforce, the first mini was pretty but painful. I've not read most of the stuff past that, though the Mark Waid run was short but sweet and the last volume was good when it came out. And the Ron Marz/Kenneth Rocafort mini for Velocity made Carin one of my fave characters of anything ever.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I dunno. Outside of the amazing Alan Moore run, I really did not care for that whole first volume of Wildcats. The 3.0 stuff was fantastic and I'm slowly making my way through the World's End stuff even though Comixology doesn't have the last few issues of that volume.

As for Cyberforce, the first mini was pretty but painful. I've not read most of the stuff past that, though the Mark Waid run was short but sweet and the last volume was good when it came out. And the Ron Marz/Kenneth Rocafort mini for Velocity made Carin one of my fave characters of anything ever.
    I've not read any of the WildCATS 3.0 stuff - but I wasn't a fan of the later run of WildCATS (the original series). I've been recollecting all of the old IMAGE comics that I once sold (which is what made me think of creating this thread). So what was it about the first volume of WildCATS you didn't like?

As for Cyberforce - I loved the mini and the initial full volume of the series (early on, though it did, admittedly become very confusing and very muddled).

Admittedly, both (and really ALL of the initial IMAGE titles) were VERY weak when it came to stories; because IMAGE was composed of primarily artists, who ventured off from Marvel - to make IMAGE - but did so being forced to create their own stories. (All of that said, I still managed to enjoy it!)

But that's why I am saying - using WildCATS and Cyberforce - in their original costumes - written today, with nice, sharp, clean stories - because I think both teams were very iconic in appearance.

New WildC.A.T.S. stories would be nice, but it should be something like the original version. What DC has done with the WildStorm characters from New 52, so far, has been quite bad. A return to the original Cyber Force would really make my day. The last (rebooted) series started poorly and turned into crap, so that version I don't need to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    New WildC.A.T.S. stories would be nice, but it should be something like the original version. What DC has done with the WildStorm characters from New 52, so far, has been quite bad. A return to the original Cyber Force would really make my day. The last (rebooted) series started poorly and turned into crap, so that version I don't need to see again.
    Agreed; ideally, I'd want to see both teams, as they originally looked (with possibly slight modifications, but over all unchanged), being told in good, clean stories. And I agree (as I said, I strongly disliked what they did with Warblade in the New 52 - cringe worthy! - which is odd, because as someone who was NOT a DC fan, I jumped on with the New 52 because it was going to be a "clean starting point" - the universe of heroes had only existed for about 5 years, story wise - so it made it very easy to jump on!) And I thought the majority of the New 52 titles were REALLY well done. Good writers. Great artists. (Sure not all of them were great, but the majority really nailed it!)

So I'd like to see that kind of writing and art and attention, given to Cyberforce and WildCATS - today - in their more iconic uniforms. Sure, uniforms don't make a character - but they do become icons. For example, Ripclaw was quite iconic - even back in the day. Stryker, was iconic. Most of the characters really stuck out because these great artists designed them.

The thing I come to realize when I think about why I thought Cyberforce and WildC.A.T.s were so awesome was the artists. It's pretty much a given that Marc Silvestri will not be drawing more than 2 issues. I'm not sure what he does these days, but he doesn't draw. A guy like Jim Lee will go back to the drawing board when the mood hits and knock out some impressive pages for a consecutive number of issues. Marc Silvestri can't seem to bring himself to doing that anymore.

If Cyberforce were to come back, it would need a really great artist who is willing to spend time drawing the book consistently. I immediately think of of Stjepan Sejic. I think he's a criminally under-rated artist and I'd love to see him on a book that gets a lot of attention and advertising.

As for WildC.A.T.s, it sort of got a chance a couple of times. I thought the Travis Charest illustrated re-launch was really promising, but the artist stopped after only a handful of issues. Then, it began again with a really amazing premise of Wildcats 3.0, but once again...the artist moved away.

I'd definitely like to see these two books back, but only if it's illustrated by some really amazing artists. To me, the writing was very much secondary to the looks of the book and characters.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

While I enjoy traveling back in time for a few moments, reading Cyberforce and the C.A.T.s, I have to admit that they were entertaining but not that good overall. I rather enjoy them as they were, not watered down versions adapted for the 21st century. These slugfests worked back then, nowadays they would be an anachronism.
    Maybe a short crossover, like my all time favorite Killer Instinct, would work, but beyond that I doubt it.

Wildcats 3.0 is still the best iteration of that title, even if Dustin didn't finish the run.

Despite its problems i quite liked the latest iteration of Cyber Force. The delays hurt it bad though. Itll be interesting to see how the Korean Digital service thing works out for em.

Id like to see more WildCATS too, but given DCs treatment of Wildstorm properties im not sure i trust em to do right by it.
    Though i suppose theyre on the upswing with Midnighter.

They did give Morrison and Lee a shot at it, but they seem to have squandered that themselves. Not really DC's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I'd definitely like to see these two books back, but only if it's illustrated by some really amazing artists. To me, the writing was very much secondary to the looks of the book and characters.
    I'd hope that we could, ideally have both.

Both of these titles were very iconic "back in the day." Cyberforce keeps getting attempts, but either the writing is bad, or the art is bad, or both.

WildCATS has seen several attempts.

To me, these two titles were "flagship" titles, equivalent to Image's version of "The X-Men" or "The Avengers." (And Savage Dragon was very much like "The Incredible Hulk").

I am just surprised that Image did not keep a solid team writing Cyberforce.

And I am surprised that DC has not given us the old WildCATS back with a good creative team on it (rather than the bad remakes they did with several characters). DC also has Gen13, which I am surprised not to see more of (other than "revamped" guest appearances in the New 52).

I'd like to see a WildC.A.T.S. '92 miniseries à la X-Men '92 or the '66 books

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    To me, these two titles were "flagship" titles, equivalent to Image's version of "The X-Men" or "The Avengers." (And Savage Dragon was very much like "The Incredible Hulk").
    Officially, the flagship titles were WildC.A.T.S. and Stormwatch, with Wildstorm being a portmanteau of the two titles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    DC Comics needs to spinoff Wildstorm Comics as an independent company once again to how it was before they bought it.

Ultimate Member

I loved WildCats in the early days with Grifter and Voodoo being my favorites, the former was cool and the latter hot...didn't know of any other heroines that were strippers and such, then they changed it all up and I quickly lost interest. Never really a fan of Cyberforce but loved Stormwatch as well until it all got changed up drastically.