Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Trust me, the stuff that came before was far superior.
    I tried a few times, to get into it - collecting heroes I always liked (Aquaman, Hawkman, Teen Titans, Outsiders) - but then DC did "52" (not New 52, but 52 - that one issue each week 52 thing) - and made it such a mess for me to understand, that I only collected Teen Titans after that (which changed from Teen Titans, to Titans, more times than I can count).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because every team needs their own identity. The only team books that can get away with 'fighting crime, because heroes', are the big guns. The Avengers, Justice League, etc.
    The rest? They need a reason that's not circular. X-Men fight to protect their own in a world that hates and fear them, the FF explode bold new worlds, etc.
    Just 'fighting bad guys' was why Wildcats was rebooted so often before. They need a motivation beyond 'fighting crime 'cause heroes', especially given that the majority of them are anti-heroes.
    I always imagined them being Government sanctioned; or possibly "Secret" government, sent to do odd jobs - and at times, would/could clash with said villains.

Almost like what Suicide Squad is.

With less, "Do it or we blow up your head."
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Astonishing Member

I think that there might be a way to acquire Wildstorm from DC Comics. The goal would be to obtain Wildstorm as it was before DC Comics acquired it. In a manner of speaking, Wildstorm could be spunoff from DC into its own independent operations once again.

I certainly miss the old Gen 13 cast along with Deathblow, Stormwatch, Backlash, and WildCATS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that there might be a way to acquire Wildstorm from DC Comics. The goal would be to obtain Wildstorm as it was before DC Comics acquired it. In a manner of speaking, Wildstorm could be spunoff from DC into its own independent operations once again.

I certainly miss the old Gen 13 cast along with Deathblow, Stormwatch, Backlash, and WildCATS.
    I hope some can buy Wildstorm from DC Comics.

...did you just reply to yourself?

Maybe he's like Deadpool - he's not replying to himself but one of the voices in his head?

As for spinning Wildstorm from DC - I don't think that's going to happen. I _am_ hoping with Rebirth - that perhaps, we could see these WildCats characters being correctly used.

Fantastic Member

The only Wildcats I enjoyed was written by Joe Casey. Even the Alan Moore stuff didn't really do much for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Maybe he's like Deadpool - he's not replying to himself but one of the voices in his head?

As for spinning Wildstorm from DC - I don't think that's going to happen. I _am_ hoping with Rebirth - that perhaps, we could see these WildCats characters being correctly used.
    It can be spun off for the right about of $$$. Besides, Wildstorm has been inactive for a really longtime. This was a company that could have been right up there with the publishers of One Piece manga as well as being an animated powerhouse on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It can be spun off for the right about of $$$. Besides, Wildstorm has been inactive for a really longtime. This was a company that could have been right up there with the publishers of One Piece manga as well as being an animated powerhouse on its own.
    But they have used various members of the WildCATS within DC. Both Spartan and Warblade have made appearances. Grifter had his own series in DC for awhile. Others may have appeared that I am not aware of.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

nice necroooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wildcats 3.0 is still the best iteration of that title, even if Dustin didn't finish the run.
    Some day (well...week/month) I'd like to sit down and re-read the Moore run and both Casey's original run and 3.0. Hell, even Choi's work for nostalgia sake.

But yeah, Moore and both Casey runs were obviously the best. I'm actually more partial towards Moore and Casey's first run, just for the art. Not a HUGE Nguyen fan, though I like his stuff. Casey's 1st run should be re-printed, imo. The trades are hard to come by.

Also, wish I had read the most recent Cyber Force series. The one that started free.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I stopped reading the original Wild C.A.T.S around issue #15. Did I miss a lot? Should I go back and read Moore's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Also, wish I had read the most recent Cyber Force series. The one that started free.
    Then why don't you do so now? The series continues at the moment as a free web comic by the way (written by Matt Hawkins). I hate how this iteration of Cyber Force gathers so much bashing, I think it's great actually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    I stopped reading the original Wild C.A.T.S around issue #15. Did I miss a lot? Should I go back and read Moore's run?

Then why don't you do so now? The series continues at the moment as a free web comic by the way (written by Matt Hawkins). I hate how this iteration of Cyber Force gathers so much bashing, I think it's great actually.
    I stopped reading Wild C.A.T.S the moment when Jim Lee left the series. Before Wildstorm was aquired by DC Comics, the company was just starting to find its own identity with their upcoming Gen 13: The Animated Movie, which I had hoped would become a TV series down the road. Because Jim Lee never read the fine print of Disney's policy before selling to it competitor Time Warner(owners of DC Comics), the competed movie was never released in the USA and any future potential of a Wildstorm Animated Studios.

I still feel that Jim Lee made a mistake in selling Wildstorm.

Fantastic Member

It seems like ultimately it ended up a mistake, now that Wildstorm does't exist and DC has **** all over the properties, but for a stretch there, with Wildcats 2.0 and 3.0, The Authority, Automatic Kafka, Sleeper, and the like, Wildstorm was the smartest semi-mainstream universe around.