Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    BANNED

Silver Surfer #1 Aug 1968
    "The Origin of the Silver Surfer!"
    Many years ago, in order to prevent the total annihilation of his civilization and homeworld, Norrin Radd bargained with the Devourer of Worlds.

Imbued with the Power Cosmic, he became the Silver Surfer and Herald of Galactus.
    However, on the fateful day he arrived on Earth, for love of humanity, he betrayed his master,

and thus was cursed to never traverse the space-ways again.

Written by Stan Lee. Art by John Buscema and Joe Sinnott.

Silver Surfer is not represented in the October or November solicits. There is nothing to follow up September's annual. Norrin Radd is forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Silver Surfer is not represented in the October or November solicits. There is nothing to follow up September's annual. Norrin Radd is forgotten.
    When does the Sept. Annual come out?
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Disappointing indeed. It looks like he will be in the wilderness for quite a while. I thought with all the titles getting a new start ss might have got one too.
    Maybe we will see something when the infinity comics stop. It might move the character into a better position for a new title. Although I would take one now!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

He's getting a one shot as part of the Defenders return storyline
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah, give it time for crying out loud, Miles Morales only has guest spots and Champions (which he missed a few issues of due to what happened in his last solo's last issue), no solo announced yet, and so no follow up from his annual either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My favorite Defenders were the whole group from Avengers/Defenders War. What an awesome ark for a little kid to sink his teeth into. After that, I was hooked on the Defenders. Didn't mind when Nighthawk joined and didn't mind that SS went to an "as needed basis". There was no team (in my young mind at the time) that could touch this group.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I wanted to see more of the Silver Surfer in the original Defenders run. He only stuck around for about 12 issues, just as the series rolled into greatness.

I want to see the SS interact with Doc, Namor and Hulk. It must be years since he has seen them, even in the comics.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wanted to see more of the Silver Surfer in the original Defenders run. He only stuck around for about 12 issues, just as the series rolled into greatness.

I want to see the SS interact with Doc, Namor and Hulk. It must be years since he has seen them, even in the comics.
    I want to see more of the surfer as far from earth as you can be, not in downtown New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockagh View Post
    I want to see more of the surfer as far from earth as you can be, not in downtown New York.
    Well, you know the Defenders venture into all sorts of worlds and realms. Rarely did these big 4 strut downtown New York together.

The SS annual one-shot was wonderful. I was very pleased with the story and wish the story would continue with other similar worlds before the ending of the story.
    The art was out of this world. The artist showed true passion for the fluid motion of the hero. Saddened this is only a one-shot. I wish this duo could do a SS arc in a monthly, but I am happy to just have this one. 4.8 stars out of 5.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wasn't wowed by the art. Passed.
    Figure I can find it i a $1 bin at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Silver Surfer #1 Aug 1968
    "The Origin of the Silver Surfer!"
    Many years ago, in order to prevent the total annihilation of his civilization and homeworld, Norrin Radd bargained with the Devourer of Worlds.

Imbued with the Power Cosmic, he became the Silver Surfer and Herald of Galactus.
    However, on the fateful day he arrived on Earth, for love of humanity, he betrayed his master,

and thus was cursed to never traverse the space-ways again.

Written by Stan Lee. Art by John Buscema and Joe Sinnott.
    The start of Emo Surfer.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

X-Men Blue #35:

Cloned Norrin? There's four Surfers!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Why are there 3 Surfers?