Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Default Sky Rider of the Space-Ways: SILVER SURFER Appreciation!

Well This One created the last SS appreciation thread, so have to keep the cosmic love going for the BEST Herald of all time! Norrin, Silverado, the Silver Samurai of Space.........Silver Surfer!

Show your love for the most Powerful Comic Book Hero of all time right here!

I have loved the silver one since I was a little child.

Avengers #116 was one of my first reads and soon after the rest of the Defender/Avengers war...

Followed by that was FF #155 - 157 (with 155 still being one of my favorite covers of all time for SS).

I soon was addicted to the shining bald hunk of the stars and started to collect all his issues And each and every appearance that he has made. If he shows up, I buy it!!!

From underwear to T-Shirts I collect it all! I am SOOO happy about the new on-going (Bless you Dan and Mike) as most of you know; May the new series live to see at least 150 issues if not more!

I will always love Stan and Jacks greatest creation and dream of the day when we can All soar the space ways and go where no man, woman, child, or Gods have gone before!

**Moderator, could you please remove the word "Thread" from the title**
    Last edited by Mantis Girl 94; 04-30-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm hoping Slott has both a long and successful run on this, It would be nice to see that. And I'd love if Allred could stay for the entire duration.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm hoping Slott has both a long and successful run on this, It would be nice to see that. And I'd love if Allred could stay for the entire duration.
    I agree with you 100%... Wouldn't it be nice to see a "Stan & Jack" type run like they did on FF in the early days!? (what do you say Dan and Mike, let's give that record a run for it money).

Cannot wait to read the 2nd issue (I subscribe so I am biting my tongue and waiting for the mail).

I cannot wait to see all new galaxy's, villians, and heroes that we have never seen before!

I would like to see Slott bring back some old goofy characters like Clumsy Foulup and Midnight Sun...would also love to see Air Walker and Fire Lord appearances.

Not "super" excited to see CLumsy but I wouldn't mind at all

But Midnight Sun is a Great idea!!!!

I think he is gonna come up with a lot of new characters before we see a return to our area though...

The Silver Surfer is easily one of Marvel's 10 best characters. I remember reading a B&W reprint of The Coming of Galactus as a kid and just being absolutely fascinated by the Surfer. I couldn't get enough of the character and followed him through his solo series and his Defenders appearances.

After a few missteps in recent years I'm loving the new series and I'm hoping Slott and Allred will be on the series for a long time.

I'm really excited about this new run for the Silver Surfer. I'm especially happy that Dawn Greenwood is apparently as heroic in nature (even if not cosmically powered) as the Surfer. This is going to be a fun ride

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I agree with you 100%... Wouldn't it be nice to see a "Stan & Jack" type run like they did on FF in the early days!? (what do you say Dan and Mike, let's give that record a run for it money).

Cannot wait to read the 2nd issue (I subscribe so I am biting my tongue and waiting for the mail).

I cannot wait to see all new galaxy's, villians, and heroes that we have never seen before!
    Agreed! I hope so.

BANNED

I enjoyed fine the two first issues of the new title.

More the art than the story for being honest but well, let's and see as they say.

661728-hor_40.jpg

I miss Nova!

Extraordinary Member

Sams good enough ;D

One of my five favorite characters in all Marvel. I love the mystique about him. I hope the Surfer plays a larger role in Marvel in the months to come. I'm still crossing my fingers for a Surfer/Thor mini-crossover between their books.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    One of my five favorite characters in all Marvel. I love the mystique about him. I hope the Surfer plays a larger role in Marvel in the months to come. I'm still crossing my fingers for a Surfer/Thor mini-crossover between their books.
    I hope so too. Those two are the Best together! (the only two heroes that can totally unless their powers on each other and not kill each other).

What are all of your's favorite Silver Surfer guest appearances? I love Avengers #116, and FF 155 to name a couple

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    661728-hor_40.jpg
    I miss Nova!
    Yup, still hurts whenever I get to that last panel in SS v3 #75