Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

I'm going to miss this book when it's gone, but I'm happy the creative team gets to start and finish their story. They've added some fun characters and planets to the Marvel Universe and I hope some get used again someday!

-Pav, who looks forward to the omnibus on his shelf...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Preview of Silver Surfer #13:
    http://www.cbr.com/silver-surfer-13-3/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm hoping for an eventual Omni collecting both volumes of this run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'm going to miss this book when it's gone, but I'm happy the creative team gets to start and finish their story. They've added some fun characters and planets to the Marvel Universe and I hope some get used again someday!

-Pav, who looks forward to the omnibus on his shelf...
    I loved this as well and appreciated the ideas Slott was trying to portray here. My one complaint is that although the ideas were big and complex, the detail necessary to pull them off to their best advantage wasn't there. This was stuff that Gaiman and Moore would come up with and as much fun and wonder as Slott brings to the table, he wasn't quite Moore or Gaiman.

Still, a series I loved to read. Both deep and funny.

Solicits for November have Silver Surfer guest-starring in Moon Girl

MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #25
    BRANDON MONTCLARE (W) • NATACHA BUSTOS (A/C)
    FANTASTIC THREE* Part 1
    When THE SILVER SURFER comes to Manhattan with a warning about an ancient cosmic menace on a collision course with Earth, you better listen up! But without the First Family of the Marvel Universe around to answer the call, who’s going to step up and solve the impossible? Lunella Lafayette, that’s who! Without Devil Dinosaur by her side, Lunella must join forces with some new friends who are missing their pals, too: THE HUMAN TORCH! THE EVER-LOVIN’ BLUE-EYED THING! DON’T MISS THE RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC THREE

In December, Silver Surfer will guest star in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #27 and Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #26. Two appearances to look forward to.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    In December, Silver Surfer will guest star in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #27 and Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #26. Two appearances to look forward to.
    Always good to see the Surfer used more, sadly I have zero interest in either of those books.

That is a pretty cool cover above though
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    My guess would be that Norrin in USG is going to be in Ryan North USG style. I strongly suspect those who aren't into Slott's series might not like it. Me, personally, I really want to see how Surfer and Doreen go together. As for Moon Girl, do we see a more traditional look at other Marvel characters in that book?

Nice, this takes some of the sting away from Silver Surfer ending. Doreen and Norrin....Noreen. "Anywhere and everywhere hang on to those nuts"--now wait a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    Nice, this takes some of the sting away from Silver Surfer ending. Doreen and Norrin....Noreen. "Anywhere and everywhere hang on to those nuts"--now wait a minute!
    Why aren't you writing promos for Marvel? Noreen. I love it.

Silver Surfer continues to guest star in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #28 in January.

SQGIRL2015B028-cov.jpg

Silver Surfer 14 read like Tenth Doctor literally replaced the character.

May the next time Surfer gets a book, he is written like the noble sentinel of spaceways and not some emo sap starring into Doctor Who fanfiction.

This was literally embarrassing to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Silver Surfer 14 read like Tenth Doctor literally replaced the character.

May the next time Surfer gets a book, he is written like the noble sentinel of spaceways and not some emo sap starring into Doctor Who fanfiction.

This was literally embarrassing to read.
    You are going to have to read some Ron Marz and Ron Lim Silver Surfer just to feel clean again.

Spectacular Member

Wonderful conclusion to a wonderful run! The writing and the art from Slott and the Allreds was top notch throughout all the 29 issues. The run had lot of emotional and funny moments, ingenious ideas, characters that felt real. Seeing how the last issue perfectly reconnected with the first one of their first volume was a nice plot point. For me it's been the best issue of the week, together with the end of the current Saga arc. It's very rare that a book actually moves me nowadays, especially a mainstream Marvel comic. I hope an Omnibus will be on its way soon, surely is going on my shelves with the other contemporary Marvel classics like Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye, Spencer/Lieber's Superior Foes and Gillen/Mc Kelvie's Young Avengers.
    Last edited by SignorMiracolo; 10-25-2017 at 08:38 AM.