Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

so what is the plot of the Defenders reunion?

Stan Lee has died. Stan created Silver Surfer. The Surfer was his second favorite creation after Spider-Man. He once forbid anyone other than himself from writing the Silver Surfer. This limited the Surfer's comic appearances in the 1970s. This ban was eventually lifted and the Surfer got used more often.

Extraordinary Member

It's really weird to see how bitter Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were over the Silver Surfer. He's a great character, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's really weird to see how bitter Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were over the Silver Surfer. He's a great character, but damn.
    Was Lee responsible for the Surfer going emo in his first series?

Huh.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Amazing Member

Just purchased the Defenders, Silver Surfer Gabriele Dell'Otto Variant Cover on pre order, it’s absolutely beautiful. I’m not really one for expensive variant covers but I’ve kicked myself for not buying the stunning francavilla silver surfer variants from the last series in some stupid protest at the last series style.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

I have been unable to read surfer of late as I find the art of Mike Allred offensively bad, give me the days of Ron Lim. If they do relaunch (fingers crossed) hopefully they will find an artist that does his majesty justice

Marvel's Contest of Champions Brings In the Silver Surfer
    https://www.cbr.com/contest-champions-silver-surfer/

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT John Buscema!!!

Silver Surfer #3 Dec 1968
    First appearance of Mephisto in "The Power and the Prize!"
    Checking on the girl whose life he saved, the Surfer is chased out of the hospital.
    Furious over once more being treated with hostility by the human race, the Surfer lashes out
    and uses his powers to grind the human race to a standstill causing everything electronic to fail.
    This gains the attention of Mephisto, lord of the netherworld who wishes to claim the Silver Surfer's soul.
    In order to do so, Mephisto kidnaps Shalla-Bal and uses her to make the Surfer do his bidding and give up his soul.

Whisking Shalla-Bal to his realm, Mephisto is shocked when the Surfer is able to follow him to his realm.
    Mephisto tries to tempt the Surfer with riches and women in an attempt to corrupt his soul, however, the Surfer is able to resist temptation.
    In a final attempt to try and corrupt the Surfer, Mephisto absorbs the Surfer into his mind.

However, the opposite happens and Mephisto finds that the Surfer's purity is influencing his mind.
    Releasing the Surfer, Mephisto admits defeat, but not before sending Shalla-Bal back to Zenn-La

and the Surfer back to Earth, where he is still trapped by the barrier erected by Galactus.

Written by Stan Lee. Art by John Buscema https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-4/ and Joe Sinnott.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel's Contest of Champions Brings In the Silver Surfer
    https://www.cbr.com/contest-champions-silver-surfer/
    Very cool little video.