Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Ms Marvel 18 spoilers

I thought it was a solid issue, but it leaves a few things to be curious about dangling for the final issue of this arc.

spoilers:
    The mist wasn't really terrigen mist, but gives Aamir forcefield powers anyway.
    Carol lets it slip to Kamala that the world really is ending.
    Carol brings Kamala an emblem of her Kamala's lighting bold super-imposed over Carol's star, functioning as a gps tracker.
    Kamala's mom knew her secret identity.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm guessing that like his parents, Aamir isn't Inhuman enough to Terrigenesize normally, but the mist he got hit with was of a much stronger potency to compensate.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-09-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

So much to love about this issue. I've come to expect a certain level of quality from Ms. Marvel and every week, it meets or exceeds it. That's what separates the good comics from the awesome comics.

In terms of Kamala's first team-up with Carol, I think it worked beautifully. More than anything else, it helped symbolically pass the torch. Carol officially gave Kamala her blessing and that meant a lot to her. It's a fitting moment and one that was 18 issues in the making. However long it took, the ending was incredibly satisfying. But it's that last page that makes this issue truly special.

I did a full review of this issue on my blog. Reviewing Ms. Marvel has become more and more fun in recent months. I hope that continues. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Damn, that was good. Last Days has all around been excellent, and I can only hope that the conclusion to it and Kamala's first run will end on a high note.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That was a heart-warming last panel. Did anyone suspect she knew all along?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That was a heart-warming last panel. Did anyone suspect she knew all along?
    No, but in all fairness, no one suspected Aunt May possibly knowing about Peter being Spider-Man for over 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    No, but in all fairness, no one suspected Aunt May possibly knowing about Peter being Spider-Man for over 30 years.
    It makes me want to go back to the previous issues and see if Wilson was dropping hints. I know I was a bit underwhelmed by her mom reacting only to the size of Lockjaw and not to the antenna on his head, which for me would have made her more curious about him, and do a bit of research on her own.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It makes me want to go back to the previous issues and see if Wilson was dropping hints. I know I was a bit underwhelmed by her mom reacting only to the size of Lockjaw and not to the antenna on his head, which for me would have made her more curious about him, and do a bit of research on her own.
    I don't think there was any kind of intentional hinting, just her being a well-meaning worrywart. I think it was the same with Aunt May when they finally revealed her as knowing of Peter's secret.

I'm sure #19 has some kind of explanation, but the real question is whether or not it'll stick. For all we know, everything could rewind to before the Incursion once reality gets restored and the entire Last Days story will get erased like it never happened.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I don't think there was any kind of intentional hinting, just her being a well-meaning worrywart. I think it was the same with Aunt May when they finally revealed her as knowing of Peter's secret.

I'm sure #19 has some kind of explanation, but the real question is whether or not it'll stick. For all we know, everything could rewind to before the Incursion once reality gets restored and the entire Last Days story will get erased like it never happened.
    Yea, but she probably knew at whatever time it would reset to anyway.

Amazing Member

did anyone else have pages misprinted in this issue? I had panels cut off and panels repeating on multiple pages.

does marvel handle problems like this or am I stuck buying a new copy?
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastar View Post
    did anyone else have pages misprinted in this issue? I had panels cut off and panels repeating on multiple pages.
    I didn't; but Marvel had gatefold ads for its ANAD and Star Wars series interrupting double-page spreads that were in the very centermost pages of several titles.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.