Thread: Lobo

BANNED

Default Lobo

As i've gotten back into the comic world these past 3 months i've notice that some of my old favs from the big 2 no longer have their own series or are just no longer existent all together...

So my next question is what has anyone heard about a new Lobo series coming out or what not ?

I see he just made a few appearances recently in Injustice about 2 months ago and he was also just in a recent Red hood and outlaws.

After words another version of him appeared fighting hawkman in another title....

What the hell kind of lobo was that now ???

so basically in a nutshell what has anyone heard about him as of now ? is he just someone who jumps around from one person's series to another like he did back in the past ?

someone with the correct info please chime in thanks guys !!!

Yeah for now he's just going to be popping up in random books. But we're supposed to eventually get some answers as to why there are two Lobos running around the DCU in the pages of Justice League United.
    Most likely has something to do with Lobo's ability to create other versions of himself from his own blood.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The first Lobo we saw in the New 52 was akin to the biker look, but seemed massively de-powered. I think he only appeared in Deathstroke.

We first saw the other Lobo in the Villains Month Lobo one-shot. This is actually a lot more like the original version of the character and I'm interested in seeing more. He has shown up in a few books, and it looks like DC want to push this version. He has stated that he is searching for the 'fake' Lobo to kill him.

I'm kinda hoping both stick round, as I love both versions of the 'Bo.

I'm hoping both versions survive too.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The first Lobo we saw in the New 52 was akin to the biker look, but seemed massively de-powered. I think he only appeared in Deathstroke.

We first saw the other Lobo in the Villains Month Lobo one-shot. This is actually a lot more like the original version of the character and I'm interested in seeing more. He has shown up in a few books, and it looks like DC want to push this version. He has stated that he is searching for the 'fake' Lobo to kill him.

I'm kinda hoping both stick round, as I love both versions of the 'Bo.
    We've actually seen like four different characterizations of Lobo, where three of them are supposed to be the same character...but yeah, bad writing.

1. Lobo in Deathstroke, by Liefeld.
    2. Lobo in Stormwatch, by Starlin. Starlin retooled him a bit, more classic than Liefeld's Lobo.
    3. Lobo in Red Hood and the Outlaws, by Pfeifer. I think this Lobo sucked and didn't fall in line with either of the previous appearances of '90s Lobo in the New 52.
    4. Lobo in Justice League 23.2, following by an arc in Supergirl, followed by Justice League United, and a small cameo in Red Hood.

The first 3 are supposed to be the same character, based on the '90s Lobo. The 4th one is new the New 52, and claims to the real Lobo, hunting the fake Lobo.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Broken...and done... Blackblood's Avatar

@tako - I only read the Deathstroke storyline and I found it a major disappointment. I think they really messed up with him. I don't want to talk for his new look...

The Main Man without Alan Grand involved in the script is condemned to failure. Case closed.
    ''Still they cry out for him...for their hero and savior...but he is broken...and GOTHAM IS MINE!!!'' - Bane

''Just you. And me. And Smith and Wesson.'' - Detective Harvey Bullock

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Blackblood View Post
    @tako - I only read the Deathstroke storyline and I found it a major disappointment. I think they really messed up with him. I don't want to talk for his new look...

The Main Man without Alan Grand involved in the script is condemned to failure. Case closed.
    Yeah, I hate all interpretations of Lobo in the New 52. Starlin's was the closest to what I like, though. I think Giffen should always be involved in Lobo. Grant too, sure.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Broken...and done... Blackblood's Avatar

I totally agree with you. Grant have said many times that only him and Giffen knows how to work with The Main Man.

I miss the old Lobo comics. I'll try to purchase the entire volume slowly. Issue by issue...
    ''Still they cry out for him...for their hero and savior...but he is broken...and GOTHAM IS MINE!!!'' - Bane

''Just you. And me. And Smith and Wesson.'' - Detective Harvey Bullock

How DC could not be putting out a monthly Lobo series is beyond me. Currently the only answer DC has to Deadpool's popularity is Harley Quinn. Lobo is perfect too for that sort of humor.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).