Default Venom has a cape now?

So this is from Contest of Champions #1 ... is this cape permanent or what?? It looks like he ripped it off of Parker's back

Last edited by JLS Comics; 09-09-2015 at 04:13 PM.

That's an alternate Venom so from the looks of it, in his reality he killed Spidey and wears that as a trophy of sorts.

That's impossible to say - the book hasn't come out yet. It does look however, as if it's an alternate Universe Venom - perhaps he's still Eddie Brock - and finally ate Spidey's brains, in the contest.

That, or maybe it's an alternate PETE - one that never rejected the symbiote, and he's carrying that shred of his old suit, as a reminder of who he really is - about his vow.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Flash-Venom sighted in the post-SW Guardians -book, so we do know that Flash will still be Venom - so that can't be the mainline 616 Venom - it's an alternate character.

Yeah mainline Venom will be off on his Flash space knight adventures. That's a good point, LR Johansson, I wonder if it is an alternate Peter

Got to be an alternate version. Flash/Venom has never looked, or been, that epic. lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I think it's a trophy ala the skull in ASM #347.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It's already confirmed in an interview that this is An alternate Eddie Brock as venom .
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It's already confirmed in an interview that this is An alternate Eddie Brock as venom .
    Right but how did he get the cape

Books not out yet how should I know
    X-Men Forever

Books not out yet how should I know
    lol ok then.
    Obviously it's not out yet but I'm glad we got to clarify that yet again for anyone who might've been still wondering. You've been around here a lot longer than I have so I know you realize this but I did notice we tend to talk a lot about books that aren't out yet...

Do you have a link to that interview? I'm curious to hear what the writer actually said about some of the iterations of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    lol ok then.
    Obviously it's not out yet but I'm glad we got to clarify that yet again for anyone who might've been still wondering. You've been around here a lot longer than I have so I know you realize this but I did notice we tend to talk a lot about books that aren't out yet...
    Lol I know.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Do you have a link to that interview? I'm curious to hear what the writer actually said about some of the iterations of the characters.
    I don't have a link but I have this snippet :

Anyway, we're bringing back a couple of characters readers might think we couldn't -- the Collector's reach, in certain cases, extends to the dead. And since the Player On The Other Side has access to a myriad of alternate realities, we can have people like the Eddie Brock Venom or a version thereof, the Sentry from "Age Of The Sentry," and the return of Joe Fixit. I hope those revelations whet your appetite, because I'm keeping the real humdingers under wraps until the time is right.
    X-Men Forever

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Slimier than a crawling slug, more putrid than a state fair outhouse...
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."