Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Definitely a placeholder. Nice find, by the way!

Caput Mortuum remains my favourite.
    That's definitely one of my favorites, I've also loved the Prayer of Neferu and the Iron Prometheus but I think my favorite is still The Killer in my Skull. I like the more everyday mob stories, don't get me wrong, the supporting cast they've built is fantastic, but I like the Lobster best when he's at his weirdest but still tangentially connected to what's going on in the main story.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's definitely one of my favorites, I've also loved the Prayer of Neferu and the Iron Prometheus but I think my favorite is still The Killer in my Skull. I like the more everyday mob stories, don't get me wrong, the supporting cast they've built is fantastic, but I like the Lobster best when he's at his weirdest but still tangentially connected to what's going on in the main story.
    My favorite is Get the Lobster. In general I prefer the 5 issue stories over the one shots (although a lot of that is the art; the one shot artists are all very good, but Tonci Zonjic is my favorite artist). I do love the one-shots, though, and can't wait for the next one.

You know, I really like the one-shots a lot. They're fun! They sort of have a pulpier feel to me, which I think fits LoJo a little better.

Personally, I like a mix of multi-part serials and one-shots.

I'd love to see a long-ish Lobster Johnson story serialised in Dark Horse Presents. It'd have the potential to be really fun.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd love to see a long-ish Lobster Johnson story serialised in Dark Horse Presents. It'd have the potential to be really fun.
    I would love that, perhaps in the style of the Corpse with weird two page installments.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would love that, perhaps in the style of the Corpse with weird two page installments.
    Only problem is, if you have no interest in paying the price for the other features (it's, what, normally $5.00 an issue?), you're either screwed or have to wait/hope for it to be collected in a separate Lobster Johnson tpb.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only problem is, if you have no interest in paying the price for the other features (it's, what, normally $5.00 an issue?), you're either screwed or have to wait/hope for it to be collected in a separate Lobster Johnson tpb.
    I'd be happy to buy each issue, but my problem would be waiting a whole month for the next two pages!

The Claw of Justice!

Here's a few cover thumbnails Tonci Zonjic posted on twitter today, presumably for an upcoming Lobster Johnson story:
    CUum2AbWsAAt4O-.jpg
    CUul_qQWsAAyU28.jpg
    These are great! I wonder what story they're for.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Here's a few cover thumbnails Tonci Zonjic posted on twitter today, presumably for an upcoming Lobster Johnson story:
    CUum2AbWsAAt4O-.jpg
    CUul_qQWsAAyU28.jpg
    These are great! I wonder what story they're for.
    Thanks to share, LobsterJohnson ! Great drawings indeed !

The Claw of Justice!

I noticed while browsing the Dark Horse website today that the logo and stuff was added to the cover:
    27177.jpg
    Fancy lettering!

Only three more days until Wednesday the 30th!

The Claw of Justice!

I can't wait. I'm really excited for this one!

The Claw of Justice!

Aaaargh! I've read a couple advance reviews for this one, and they've both given away some spoilers with no warning. They don't reveal any huge twists or anything, but it's still annoying.

The Claw of Justice!

There's a preview here: http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...n-glass-230089
    This looks awesome! Good to see a bigger role for Lobster this time after his 7 panel appearance in A Chain Forged in Life (nothing wrong with that, but it's nice if he's in the story more). The reference to The Prayer of Neferu was cool too. Can't wait for Wednesday!
    Last edited by LobsterJohnson; 12-28-2015 at 11:57 AM.