Page 76 of 254 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3801
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Guys. Johns knows his stuff whether like him or not he knows Diana more than any other writer such as Fuchs would. Secondly he co-wrote the film that could mean anything. Thirdly just because she did xxx in xxx storyline doesn't mean that's gonna happen here. Fourthly it's much MUCH better than the supposed Fuchs writing the script!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She fought bad guys, saved good guys, and even attempted to redeem an enemy. Everything Wonder Woman should do.

...he reported that he did some research on Diana, realized he had been making some very big mistakes, and then sought to correct those mistakes. I don't hold grudges against writers forever. Especially not when they acknowledge their past mistakes.
    These two things alone make me SUPER excited!! Plus, even though the delays were a nightmare, AH's Who is Wonder Woman? was pretty great, an all time favorite (though partially due to the art.)

So was Sex and the City, BTW.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Guys. Johns knows his stuff whether like him or not he knows Diana more than any other writer such as Fuchs would.
    A) You mean aside the 2 dozen writers that actually wrote the WW comics.

B) I'd disagree with the notion of Johns 'knowing his stuff' because his patented approach is to only have a rough idea of what he is working on and then glues on so many of his own ideas he nearly buries the original under them. Like take GL as an example, he had one idea of turning Sinestro from a single person threat into an entire legion, and then repeated the process 7 times, swallowing several old foes along the way and completely ignoring most of what was left. Johns in essence makes his stories work... but only because he takes so many liberties and makes so many changes you wonder why he didn't just make a new character.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    These two things alone make me SUPER excited!! Plus, even though the delays were a nightmare, AH's Who is Wonder Woman? was pretty great, an all time favorite (though partially due to the art.)

So was Sex and the City, BTW.
    Yeah, I thought Who Is Wonder Woman was pretty good overall. It was great to see so many of Diana's classic rogues, and Heinberg did a great job with Diana's voice. There were some minor gripes like Diana not knowing how to pump gas or order coffee, but again those are minor gripes. I just hope he brings the same level of quality to this script as well.

Oh, and on the DCEU thread on the DC board, BatmanJones showed that Johns and Heinberg have actually worked together before. They worked on JLA: Crisis of Conscience, which dealt with some of the fallout from Identity Crisis. So these guys have a history of working well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

B) I'd disagree with the notion of Johns 'knowing his stuff' because his patented approach is to only have a rough idea of what he is working on and then glues on so many of his own ideas he nearly buries the original under them. Like take GL as an example, he had one idea of turning Sinestro from a single person threat into an entire legion, and then repeated the process 7 times, swallowing several old foes along the way and completely ignoring most of what was left. Johns in essence makes his stories work... but only because he takes so many liberties and makes so many changes you wonder why he didn't just make a new character.
    And in this movie, the DCEU is basically a blank slate with no changes that need to be made to make his story work.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-12-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm a little more concerned with Heinberg's presence than I am with Johns. His brief run was so bad. Still, this is a medium that he's more experienced in I guess, with a largely blank slate universe, and no editorial DIANA PRINCE SUPER SPY nonsense. It's probably not fair to put all the blame for "Who is Wonder Woman?" on him.

The screenwriter of Pan not being involved is encouraging though. We didn't need the risk factor in that.

She also defeated Grail at the end with the Lasso. She didn't instantaneously turn Grail into a hero, but she was clearly having an effect on her. She took part in the final battle and helped win the day.
    You might wanna reread that, it was part of her plan all along.

And no, I don't mean Amazo Virus, where she spent a significant portion of the story kissing Lex Luthor's butt, thank you very much.
    Yeah, this never happened. She kept him and Clark from killing each other, and gave him one chance to help fix the problem he created.

Yeah, I thought Who Is Wonder Woman was pretty good overall. It was great to see so many of Diana's classic rogues, and Heinberg did a great job with Diana's voice. There were some minor gripes like Diana not knowing how to pump gas or order coffee, but again those are minor gripes. I just hope he brings the same level of quality to this script as well.
    The Pump Gas and Order Coffee thing wasn't him. That was Picoult. I do have to say though, for the most part I did like his voice for Diana. Not her reasons for giving up being Wonder Woman, or the fact she felt like she was a Golem, nor having Circe make her half human. And his Donna was atrocious, and I hated he had her abandoned Cassie and Donna. I do like he had Donna and Diana grow up on the Island together though.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    You might wanna reread that, it was part of her plan all along.
    So she says. Wouldn't be the first time that a hero planted a seed that bloomed later, though. And Diana still defeated her, regardless. That's still "doing something."

Yeah, this never happened. She kept him and Clark from killing each other, and gave him one chance to help fix the problem he created.
    By stroking his ego and declaring that he was the only one who could save the day.

The Pump Gas and Order Coffee thing wasn't him. That was Picoult.
    Yep. Just realized that.

I do have to say though, for the most part I did like his voice for Diana. Not her reasons for giving up being Wonder Woman, or the fact she felt like she was a Golem, nor having Circe make her half human. And his Donna was atrocious, and I hated he had her abandoned Cassie and Donna. I do like he had Donna and Diana grow up on the Island together though.
    Giving up being Wonder Woman was okay for me. I don't mind heroes taking time off in order to get their heads on straight. The whole "the world hates her because she killed Max Lord" thing was BS, though. There was no good reason not to tell the world what really happened with Lord.

Even the Golem thing can easily be written off as just speaking to her mental state at the time. She doesn't really think that. She just kinda felt that way.

Circe making her half human I actually kind of liked. It gives Diana at least one decent weakness that a villain can exploit. Attack her when she's in human form, and you can hurt her, kill her, capture her, whatever.

How was Donna atrocious? She as a pretty good Wonder Woman stand-in and she was doing great at the role.

The abandonment thing was also pretty bad. Especially under the circumstances. If life was relatively normal for Donna and/or Cassie, then distancing herself from them would've been more acceptable. But Cassie particularly just suffered a big loss and really could've used some help from her mentor.

Still, he got Diana's voice right, and this time he isn't encumbered by a whole bunch of other storylines and history. So, I'm pretty hopeful that he and Johns will be able to do quite well in this particular environment.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

And in this movie, the DCEU is basically a blank slate with no changes that need to be made to make his story work.
    If Diana had been a completely new character, I would have agreed... but she is not, there are things she does, have done and come from that we as viewers expect of her.

Like with your blank slate, the Amazons could all be prehistoric blob monsters that have simply taken human form and communicate with each other through farting... according to our blank slate, thats all totally fine, but I bet most people would be throwing their soda's and pop-corn at the screen if that was somehow made into the origins.

Well, I doubt Johns would say no to a little tinkering with the material since he otherwise would have to (as an example) copy/paste Azzarello's Zeus origins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

A- yes there is many writers that already wrote solo stories and could do this;
    Johns only got WW better after scrwing up her characterization for 4 years. He didn't needed to do a reasearch to writer her well, it's not like he isnt a comics nerd.

B I don't think he has this level of freedom on the movie.

Hope he learned the mistakes of green lantern movie.

heinberg little run on wonder woman was pretty bad, so yeah..

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Anyway with the synopsis looks like I maybe right and there is not going to be an actual villain, well the war will be the villain.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Anyway with the synopsis looks like I maybe right and there is not going to be an actual villain, well the war will be the villain.
    Well they deep-sixed pretty much all of Wonder Woman's iconic stuff so it wouldn't shock me at this point if the villains missed the cut too, for being "silly" as outside_85 put it.

Oh god... Really? Oh well. There goes my dreams of watching Gal Gadot laughing as she wildly stamps on Giganta's big toe.

That... doesn't seem like that'll happen. Can't really have a superhero movie with no villain.

Lol! I love when people speculate, then get mad about it. That was a typical synopsis, it gave an over-view without revealing too much. Ares WILL be in this movie. I know it. And if I'm wrong, well seeing Wonder Woman bloom into her powers will STILL be exciting to see!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I find it highly unlikely that Ares won't be showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Well they deep-sixed pretty much all of Wonder Woman's iconic stuff so it wouldn't shock me at this point if the villains missed the cut too, for being "silly" as outside_85 put it.
    Aside from the Invisible Jet, pretty much everything is there. They haven't deep sixed much of anything. Steve and Etta are in it and that's more than we got from most of the Post-Crisis and New 52 eras.

The likes of Cheetah and Dr. Psycho don't really fit in with the story and will more likely appear in the modern day sequels. The former has a much higher chance of showing up in the DCEU eventually if Johns has any input.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That... doesn't seem like that'll happen. Can't really have a superhero movie with no villain.
    Agreed. You can't do a Wonder Woman movie set during a World War and not feature Ares. If it turns out otherwise, I will be utterly baffled.