Page 253 of 254 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 3801

Transformers doesn't come out till June 23rd and Despicable me the week after and then Spider-Man and after that War of the Planet of the Apes. All 4 are almost guaranteed to be box offices success and the only competition Diana really has this week is Cars. Internationally though The mummy did really well despite the Reviews and t looks like for the Children and family demographic Cars looks to do pretty well.

Only time will tell how this all plays out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    WONDER WOMAN Limited Edition Blu-ray Gift Set Revealed

Source
    Figurine looks really good.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

What a fantastic movie!!!! I will even go as far as to say it might even be the best comic book movie I've even seen.

Transformers got 0.00 stars. This means a few more good weeks for Wonder Woman, I imagine.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

So I was remembering something I really online about 1 year ago that Mayling Ng was signed to play Orana in WW I movie. Did she appear in it? Having seen the movie only once, sadly, I don't remember seeing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    WONDER WOMAN Limited Edition Blu-ray Gift Set Revealed

Source
    Very disappointed with this set. On the one hand, the figure looks really nice. On the other hand, it's only the basic Blu Ray, not the 4K or 3D in the box. For that kind of money, I would expect at least one of the high end formats.

I decided I wouldn't post here until the 3rd time I saw this movie. As a side note, I have never in my life seen a movie in theaters thee times.... And WOW, is this one ever worth it!

I'm not gonna go into a "review", but I will say three things; Gal SLAYS as Diana, the lasso work is evrything I've been picturing in my head for years and THEN SOME, and at no point during all 3 viewings did I ever feel the run-time. I'm giving this movie a 9.5. There were a few wobbly moments, but all in all, WONDERFUL!

Just sharing a story.

I work at a Children's Hospital at the Check in desk for parents and visitors to see their children/patients.
    Today, a woman compliment me on the Wonder Woman pin I wear on my ID lanyard. I told her "Yeah, THANKS! I really encourage you to see the film if you haven't already!" And she said she'd seen it THREE times already and told me about the emotional impact it had on her. Its something she's been waiting her whole life to see and she could not be happier about its production. She told me she plays the Wonder Woman theme music when she works out, along with the rest of the soundtrack -- to which I confessed the same.
    She then cried (just a little bit) and shook my hand.
    She told me how amazing it is to be in such good company. I was taken aback and asked what she meant. She explained the powerful impact that Wonder Woman had on her and clearly on me, and how wonderful it is to realize there are other people in the world experiencing that same impact -- even men.

She asked me if she could give me a hug, and I accepted.
    Truly powerful moment for me at work. The POWER of HEROES, y'all.
    Inspiring stuff.

Wonder Woman now is the highest grossing film for a female director

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wonder Woman now is the highest grossing film for a female director
    Actually, Frozen is the highest grossing film for a female director at 1.28 billion.

Wonder Woman is the highest grossing film for a live action film for a female director.
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 06-26-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Actually, Frozen is the highest grossing film for a female director at 1.28 billion.

Wonder Woman is the highest grossing film for a live action film for a female director.
    Yes...and no.

Frozen was co-directed with one woman and one man, therefore (technically) it doesn't qualify

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Just sharing a story.

I work at a Children's Hospital at the Check in desk for parents and visitors to see their children/patients.
    Today, a woman compliment me on the Wonder Woman pin I wear on my ID lanyard. I told her "Yeah, THANKS! I really encourage you to see the film if you haven't already!" And she said she'd seen it THREE times already and told me about the emotional impact it had on her. Its something she's been waiting her whole life to see and she could not be happier about its production. She told me she plays the Wonder Woman theme music when she works out, along with the rest of the soundtrack -- to which I confessed the same.
    She then cried (just a little bit) and shook my hand.
    She told me how amazing it is to be in such good company. I was taken aback and asked what she meant. She explained the powerful impact that Wonder Woman had on her and clearly on me, and how wonderful it is to realize there are other people in the world experiencing that same impact -- even men.

She asked me if she could give me a hug, and I accepted.
    Truly powerful moment for me at work. The POWER of HEROES, y'all.
    Inspiring stuff.
    There are times I wish CBR had a like/love button. This is one of those times

Well since Wonder Woman is still playing who knows. Maybe she will beat frozen.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-26-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Yes...and no.

Frozen was co-directed with one woman and one man, therefore (technically) it doesn't qualify
    According to other sites and actual written pieces, they are still calling Frozen a women directed film, even if it was jointly directed.

Are you going to deny a women directed film just because it was shared with a man?

Besides, you can always say, like other sites do, that Wonder Woman has made the most money for a live action film directed by a woman!
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 06-26-2017 at 11:20 AM.