Page 116 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3801

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    If she makes a billion, or even close to it, I'm thinking we'll see Diana's stock skyrocket across the board. An animated series? Definitely a possibility. Maybe even a live-action series. Who knows? More comics? Yep. Expanding her supporting cast? Definitely. A Wonder Woman-centric event? One that doesn't suck? Oh, yes.

Given how incredibly well-received she's been, this could seriously be the beginning of turning Diana into the most popular character in the DCEU. So far, people have really nothing to complain about with her. Even Batman can't say that. Some people had a real problem with him killing people in BvS. Diana? No real complaints from anyone. If they build that up with this movie, DC/WB may see a certain incentive to basically turn the DCEU into "The Wonder Woman-verse." That's basically what happened with Iron Man in the MCU. I don't think the plan was originally to turn Tony Stark into the central character of the MCU, but his movie performed so high above expectations and the fan response to him was so strong that it just kind of worked out that way.
    I admit, it bothers the heck out of me that we aren't seeing any Amazon presence on TV. Right now we have, just this season alone, Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, Star Girl, Obsidian, Hourman, Firestorm, Dr. Midnight, Speedy, Flash, Jesse Quick, a ton of Bat-villains and supporting cast plus Bruce Wayne...

And no Wonder Woman, not even a mention of the existence of Themyscira or Amazons even existing.

At least Smallville had a newspaper mention of Themyscira. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why no one seems to be even trying to incorporate Diana into the DCTV universe.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Gal is expecting baby number 2!
    Congratz to her and her husband

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Yeah so true. She's such an iconic character with so many good villains. I think alot of those TV shows are scared of putting too much magic except for Arrow, which has focused alot on magic. Arrow has the history and tone to show the Amazons in later seasons!!

Gal Gadot is so awesome as wonder woman. It looks like it looks like its actually genuinely funny. Not those poor attempts at jokes in BvS. The trailer is better than BvS. It didn't spoil too much but still got us really excited for the movie!!
    Last edited by RickGrimes17; 11-06-2016 at 01:52 PM. Reason: delete

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Gal is expecting baby number 2!
    Wow! Gal is really on a mission to prove that a woman really CAN have it all, these days isn't she?

Great news, and best wishes to her and her husband!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I admit, it bothers the heck out of me that we aren't seeing any Amazon presence on TV. Right now we have, just this season alone, Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, Star Girl, Obsidian, Hourman, Firestorm, Dr. Midnight, Speedy, Flash, Jesse Quick, a ton of Bat-villains and supporting cast plus Bruce Wayne...

And no Wonder Woman, not even a mention of the existence of Themyscira or Amazons even existing.

At least Smallville had a newspaper mention of Themyscira. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why no one seems to be even trying to incorporate Diana into the DCTV universe.
    I think a lot of that will change soon. If Diana doesn't get her own show, I think the success of her movie will do a LOT to show DC/WB that there really is money to be made with her and her world. Heck, if the movie does well, I'm willing to bet we'll see DC/WB announce some new female-centric projects shortly thereafter.

The lack of Amazon presence in the shows can be explained a bit. She wouldn't have made sense for any of the Arrow-verse shows. The whole premise of Arrow was that masked vigilantes were far from common at the time. In the first couple seasons of Arrow, the presence of a masked man shooting criminals with a bow and arrow was treated as something highly unusual and unprecedented. So the default assumption in the Arrow-verse was that superheroes of pretty much any kind were rare-to-unheard-of. So saying that a magical Amazon princess has been around in that world would kind of undermine that whole idea.

Gotham? Same thing really. This is before Batman first took to the streets of Gotham. The Bat-villains showing up are being treated as severe aberrations, which leads one to assume that any kind of other-than-human activity is very rare. Again, if a magical Amazon princess was around beating up bad guys and tying them up with a glowing rope in the Gotham-verse, even if she was operating in a different city, it just wouldn't seem quite that unusual what's going on in Gotham.

The only show where you could've incorporated Diana and her world would've been Supergirl. Superman, in that show, has been active for over ten years. That world was already used to the idea of a guy flying around fighting crime in a silly outfit. Diana could've fit in there just fine, but the show was built on the premise that Supergirl was supposed to be the first female superhero in order to be an inspirational story for women and young girls.

Oh, and Diana has been acknowledged to exist in Earth 2 in the Flash show. Earth 2 Barry had a phone with several speed dial numbers on it. One of them read "Diana." I think there was also a "Hal" and "Olliver" button, if memory serves me.

So yeah, it's been annoying to see Diana's world missing from the TV universe, but there's at least a decent enough reason why that's been the case. I think after this movie, we'll see DC and Warner Bros cease acting like they're ashamed of Diana in a lot of different ways.

EDIT: Just remembered, Diana was acknowledged another time in Smallville. When Chloe came back near the end of the show, she mentioned other heroes she'd met in her travels around the world. She specifically mentioned "A billionaire with high-tech toys, and a wondrous woman who's going to knock you for a loop."
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 11-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

instagram

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    instagram
    Lucky &$%#@&!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Congrats Gal! Also why didn't Diana get an animated tv series back when the Dcau was around?

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    So how does this contradict Gal's ability to speak English? If you can only understand "American" English" then thats on you, with all due respect.

I don't believe Gal HAS to sound American to be a good actress, especially since the role that she is playing is NOT American. Her English, for a non native speaker, is enunciated and communicated rather excellently. Why should she, a fluent English speaker, be forced to take lessons to sound like an American, especially since the movie is distributed globally, and Wonder Woman doesn't happen to be

But to each his (or her) own.

The way I see it Diana was never portrayed to be this fish of water as far as language goes. No one has mentioned she has a non American accents in the comics and she has shown to be able to speak multiple languages pretty fluently.

I just find it weird people seem to say it's okay for Diana to sound foreign cause Diana is not American when Diana herself in the past has shown the ability to speak and communicate in multiple languages without that much trouble. As for Gal, she clearly sounds Non American and this just feels weird given the language abilities Diana had in Post Crisis and the fact that comics Diana has never seemed to mention or be consistently written at being a foreigner with American English (as in no non American accent).

But really to each their own. Gal can have an accent sure it's an entire different version of the character, but I just don't see it fitting Diana given her history and that's that I guess. As for acting, it is very possible she comes off sometimes as stiff either cause of English not being her first language or maybe better acting classes. Either way she isn't trying to put Meryl Streep to shame so whatever. I'm just hyped.

EDIT: You can ignore this, I just can't picture Diana sounding non American unless she just left her island. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Troian; 11-06-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    The way I see it Diana was never portrayed to be this fish of water as far as language goes. No one has mentioned she has a non American accents in the comics and she has shown to be able to speak multiple languages pretty fluently.

I just find it weird people seem to say it's okay for Diana to sound foreign cause Diana is not American when Diana herself in the past has shown the ability to speak and communicate in multiple languages without that much trouble. As for Gal, she clearly sounds Non American and this just feels weird given the language abilities Diana had in Post Crisis and the fact that comics Diana has never seemed to mention or be consistently written at being a foreigner with American English (as in no non American accent).

But really to each their own. Gal can have an accent sure it's an entire different version of the character, but I just don't see it fitting Diana given her history and that's that I guess. As for acting, it is very possible she comes off sometimes as stiff either cause of English not being her first language or maybe better acting classes. Either way she isn't trying to put Meryl Streep to shame so whatever. I'm just hyped.
    Actually, the fact she didn't sound "American" when she spoke english was brought up numerous times in the Vol 2. of her series. The last time it kinda sticks out was in the Day of the life story written by Phil Jiminez and Joe Kelly. They had Lois mention it if I remember correctly.
    Richard Alexander

Actually, the fact she didn't sound "American" when she spoke english was brought up numerous times in the Vol 2. of her series. The last time it kinda sticks out was in the Day of the life story written by Phil Jiminez and Joe Kelly. They had Lois mention it if I remember correctly.
    And Perez mentioned Diana's linguistic difficulties when she first arrived in Man's World. She also had her "fish out of water" moments from a cultural POV. I seem to recall the Kapatellis's mentioned Diana's habit of going into the woods to pray to the gods........naked.

Diana definitely has a history of seeming like an outsider.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

I keep hoping that they have Cassie/Donna show up on Supergirl, but that would probably never happen.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Aww so she's gonna birth a wonderful bundle of joy...pun intended! I guess they've finished filming justice league then?

Ah, I see. I just remembered there were instances where Diana seemed fantastic with being multilingual so forgive me. I just can't picture Diana with a non american accent maybe only in the beginning of her leaving man's world but that's just me and I'll leave this topic behind now.

Anyways, on a more on topic note, congrats Gal to your second baby! .
    Last edited by Troian; 11-06-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Aww so she's gonna birth a wonderful bundle of joy...pun intended! I guess they've finished filming justice league then?
    I think they're still filming some stuff in Iceland, but yeah. Principal Photography is pretty much done.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--