Page 129 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3801
    BANNED

They stayed about as faithful to the source material as Tiger Woods did to his swedish wife but hopefully it'll pay off. I'm glad they didn't hew to the Perez stuff tbh

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    They stayed about as faithful to the source material as Tiger Woods did to his swedish wife but hopefully it'll pay off. I'm glad they didn't hew to the Perez stuff tbh
    "Warrior princess from an island of women encounters a man, returns him to Man's World, and then sets out to stop a war, demonstrating mercy and compassion along the way?"

That's pretty darned faithful to the source material, as far as I'm concerned. And if there is, in fact, no Contest, then they're hewing pretty close to Perez as well. They'll especially be hewing close to Perez's stuff if Diana defeats Ares through reason, rather than simply pummeling him into a sticky red goo.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Thank you Vanguard and Grace Randolph!!!!!!!!

I am half expecting CIA Director Comey to pop up and say he has found questionable emails from Putin to Patty Jenkins!

STOP THE DOG PILE, THIS MOVIE WILL BE GOOD!!!!!!! (I hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    Not familiar with Perez's stuff but what makes you not like it? I only hear good stuff about it.
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Not familiar with Perez's stuff but what makes you not like it? I only hear good stuff about it.
    Perez took Wonder Woman's and the Amazons' agency and chucked it out the window, in a nutshell. I'm sure back in 1987 that story was lovely but didn't age well. His run is exquisitely well-written but veeeeeery stuffy as well, it's a bit tough to get through

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A little positivity, courtesy of Grace Randolph. With a side order of business insight!

I have no idea why people are taking umbrage to that fake or authentic story. DC has produced three movies with the same incoherent format and with the same complaints from several viewers (especially when their products are compared to their rival Marvel); and are about to release two more films this year. Its very logical to think that they would follow the same inconsistent format.

This is why Sophia's "story" (fable?) took traction, and even if she is completely wrong, I still won't be holding my breath. I am not negative; I am just realistic. The only reason I will be seeing these films is due to the fact that I am a loyal DC fan, and I am a hardcore fan of the character Wonder Woman. That's it, because if it was ever based on their track record, there is no way in hell that I would be returning for a fourth film.

I am still crossing my fingers that these two films to come will be written and directed as they should, and will have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion; just like any well written story, essay, book, and FILM.

Lets hope that they have learned from their past failures.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 01-17-2017 at 07:38 PM.

I'm giving the DC films another chance with Wonder Woman (I think Justice League is gonna be pretty bad), but if they screw her movie up, I'm gonna be done with it altogether. With that being said, I'll definitely reserve judgement until I see it. I hope they bounce back well.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I have no idea why people are taking umbrage to that fake or authentic story. DC has produced three movies with the same incoherent format and with the same complaints from several viewers (especially when their products are compared to their rival Marvel); and are about to release two more films this year. Its very logical to think that they would follow the same inconsistent format.

This is why Sophia's "story" (fable?) took traction, and even if she is completely wrong, I still won't be holding my breath. I am not negative; I am just realistic. The only reason I will be seeing these films is due to the fact that I am a loyal DC fan, and I am a hardcore fan of the character Wonder Woman. That's it, because if it was ever based on their track record, there is no way in hell that I would be returning for a fourth film.

I am still crossing my fingers that these two films to come will be written and directed as they should, and will have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion; just like any well written story, essay, book, and FILM.

Lets hope that they have learned from their past failures.
    Umbrage is being taken because these rumors are unsubstantiated and not from credible sources. Even still? Even major news outlets are latching onto these incredibly questionable rumors and running them, which just makes it more likely that people will accept the rumors at face value and possibly refuse to go see the movie, thus hurting the DCEU's chances for continuing on.

It comes across as people deliberately trying to sabotage this movie before it even comes out without even giving it a chance.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Umbrage is being taken because these rumors are unsubstantiated and not from credible sources. Even still? Even major news outlets are latching onto these incredibly questionable rumors and running them, which just makes it more likely that people will accept the rumors at face value and possibly refuse to go see the movie, thus hurting the DCEU's chances for continuing on.

It comes across as people deliberately trying to sabotage this movie before it even comes out without even giving it a chance.
    What a task DC has to prove themselves this summer (and fall). I think people will give her a chance because Gal was very effective in luring people to the character; at one point Wonder Woman was a UN ambassador. 2016 was a good year for Wonder Woman, but if Sophia causes this movie to fail, she is going to be faced with several lawsuits, and quite deservedly.

I just searched google, and you are correct, a number of sites are picking this up.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 01-17-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

This is legit getting stupid now. The movie is 6 months out no way they gonna be having casual screenings like that hell it's probably not even finished being cut/edited yet! Hopefully Patty see's this and responds again.

There's probably been a dozen WW is great "reports" that went unreported by these newsites.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

"Warrior princess from an island of women encounters a man, returns him to Man's World, and then sets out to stop a war, demonstrating mercy and compassion along the way?"

That's pretty darned faithful to the source material, as far as I'm concerned. And if there is, in fact, no Contest, then they're hewing pretty close to Perez as well. They'll especially be hewing close to Perez's stuff if Diana defeats Ares through reason, rather than simply pummeling him into a sticky red goo.
    Have we seen any proof that the Contest is or isn't happening? My gut tells me its not simply bc I would think they would show it in the trailer... this would be a huge miss.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Have we seen any proof that the Contest is or isn't happening? My gut tells me its not simply bc I would think they would show it in the trailer... this would be a huge miss.
    It's based on the scene where she steals her gear. She only would need to do that if she loses the contest or if it's not happening at all.

(or maybe she wins and her mother forbids her to go, so she does it behind the curtains).

On the plus side, if it is actually a mess, WB has plenty of time to clean it up before it's released. After BvS and Suicide Squad, DC and WB need to do everything they can to make WW a hit to both critics and audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    No proof yet, other than the fact that nothing resembling the Contest has appeared in the trailers, thus far. They may not use the Contest simply to save time and move the plot forward.

With me? The Contest is always a question of how her powers are handled. If they go the Marston route and say that all Amazons are in Diana's weight class and Diana just happens to be the best of them, then the Contest works and should be included. If they're going with the idea that Diana's powers make her so far beyond her sisters from the start, then the Contest is pointless and just makes Diana look like a bully.

It does appear that Diana isn't at her BvS power-levels for at least a generous chunk of the movie, as evidenced by the scene of her fighting German soldiers. So it's possible they'll go with the idea that Diana wasn't all that exceptional among her sisters while on the island. If so, then I'm all for the Contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    It's based on the scene where she steals her gear. She only would need to do that if she loses the contest or if it's not happening at all.

(or maybe she wins and her mother forbids her to go, so she does it behind the curtains).
    Exactly.

The Contest could happen. Diana could win and still be forbidden to go. Then Diana steals her gear and goes.

Another option would be that perhaps stealing the Wonder Woman armor and the Godkiller sword is a new spin on the Contest. Instead of an Olympics-style event featuring multiple competitions, maybe it's some kind of Hunger Games-style war game where the goal is to acquire the trappings of the Amazon Champion through whatever means.

I definitely don't think we'll see Bullets and Bracelets demonstrated on the island, though. Why would they build up the idea of Diana seeing what a bullet can do for the first time? Why would Steve look as surprised as everyone else when Diana deflects that bullet, protecting him? If he'd seen her do that before, he'd probably be a bit better prepared to see her doing it again. Sure, he'd still be all shocked that he just had a bullet fired at him and lived, but that scene looks like it's meant to convey a sense of "Holy crap! We didn't know she could do that!"

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

I just watched the extended version of BvS this morning, and I have to say again, Wonder Woman's entrance was so epic. The music, her battle cries, the cling of her sword when she said "I have fought creatures from other worlds before...", etc... I really don't think people will be going into the WW movie in June with anything but high expectations, but its up to the production team to deliver.

Just stick to a simple but epic story with lots of action and very minimal soap opera drama. I want to see Wonder Woman sparring with Ares one and one with both skill and brawn. Especially brawn; I expect it to be exceptional. I also would like to see what makes her tick; and who knows? Maybe this movie will motivate some CW EP to make a series just about her. This could be a whole different chapter for this character.

I actually feel it (very corny but I do).

I am so psyched for this film.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 01-18-2017 at 09:58 AM.